Pain under ONE fingernail off and on for months

ninja007

Gold Member
Aug 4, 2014
Living rent free in libs heads
I have had intense throbbing pain and pressure off and on for months. Just my left index finger, directly under the fingernail. Has anyone ever had this? Hurts like hell. Going to go get it checked out asap. Been really bothering me.

The pain is intense. It last from anywhere from 30 min. to almost all day. No rhyme or reason to it. I'm not diabetic afaik. I guess there is one or two discs in the spine that COULD cause really intense fingernail pain? ETA- The pain- I can get it for days in a row; then be fine for a week to 10 days, then get it 4 or 5 days in a row; rinse and repeat. Other info- my nails are not too long or too short, clean and no foreign objects. It is always the same finger/nail.

I have had intense throbbing pain and pressure off and on for months. Just my left index finger, directly under the fingernail. Has anyone ever had this? Hurts like hell. Going to go get it checked out asap. Been really bothering me.

The pain is intense. It last from anywhere from 30 min. to almost all day. No rhyme or reason to it. I'm not diabetic afaik. I guess there is one or two discs in the spine that COULD cause really intense fingernail pain? ETA- The pain- I can get it for days in a row; then be fine for a week to 10 days, then get it 4 or 5 days in a row; rinse and repeat. Other info- my nails are not too long or too short, clean and no foreign objects. It is always the same finger/nail.

Afaik fingernails don't have pain receptors. So the pain's coming from the skin underneath. And if just that one finger and location my first thought is some inward growing nail or something foreign is in there and not able to get purged up and out like when a fingernail isn't covering the area.

thx guys, no sliver afaik and its the left index finger. It comes and goes. As far as back/neck/spine, mine is always very tight/tense. But on a scale of one to ten, the pain is 10.

there is something called a "neuroma"-----a little tangle of nerve
fibers-------that sometimes just developes after an injury<<<<
I am not making a diagnosis----just a bit of conjecture

Forum List

Back