Paid Shills on the Internet

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
Paid Shills on the Internet, tell me it not so.
If true that explains a number of posters here.

I Was a Paid Internet Shill: How Shadowy Groups Manipulate Internet Opinion and Debate
The type of propaganda strategy described in the article below occurs across a wide range of topics and is employed by various corporate, political, and governmental groups to promote a variety of agendas.

It is called astroturfing, and it is far more common than most would imagine.

I Was a Paid Internet Shill: How Shadowy Groups Manipulate Internet Opinion and Debate | Conscious Life News

I Was a Paid Internet Shill: How Shadowy Groups Manipulate Internet Opinion and Debate
The type of propaganda strategy described in the article below occurs across a wide range of topics and is employed by various corporate, political, and governmental groups to promote a variety of agendas.

I Was a Paid Internet Shill: How Shadowy Groups Manipulate Internet Opinion and Debate | Conscious Life News

They're all over BP's facebook page.

How can you be sure that the author of that post wasn't a paid shill working for the conspiracy theorists? :cool:

I'd believe that there was a bunch of that going on here, however it said that these shills need be intelligent. Unless they are world class actors, the "faux-conservatives" on this site are not paid shills, just uneducated rednecks who watch too much Fox News.

Hazlnut, FailGo

I wouldn't count RDean though, the Koch Bros pay him to make Liberals look like fucking retards because it's funny to them, that's their only payoff -- the laughs

If you think any opinions on this site have ever been altered, you're living in Lala Land.

I'd believe that there was a bunch of that going on here, however it said that these shills need be intelligent. Unless they are world class actors, the "faux-conservatives" on this site are not paid shills, just uneducated rednecks who watch too much Fox News.

According to the theme of the article, you need to be fairly articulate, smart, capable of influencing opinion. That would basically disqualify all the wingers... on both sides.

Last edited:
Well crap I don't get paid anything for posting.

I knew this went on and it gets worse at election time. I posted about it but was mostly ignored and mocked.

the public interest would be better served if the only available media were pmsnbc, jon stewart, and rolling stone. then everyone could be as intellectually blessed as your average eight year old.

This part is believable as we see it here all day...Wry Catcher comes to my mind..

"If a poster wrote something close to “X,” we were supposed to respond with something close to “Y.”

No matter what you post he comes back with something that has nothing to do with it.

Case in point and just look at his posts from today...totally unrelated to yesterday yet demanding that I address what he wants me to:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...did-333-964-abortions-1-every-94-seconds.html

But he isn't bright enough to even qualify as as shill.

rightwinger is another who comes to mind...never can give a direct answer..always off on a tangent.

Last edited:
Aside from Jon Stewart I can agree as far as it went.
You did not mention Fox and Talk radio though. I wonder why not?

Unless they are world class actors, the "faux-conservatives" on this site are not paid shills, just uneducated rednecks who watch too much Fox News.

.....And, that's been established thru strict scientific-research!!!!!

:cool:

Study: Watching Fox News
Actually Makes You Stupid

doctor-264294-400-266.jpg

Late to the party are ya?

The biggest winner of astroturfing was a certain State Senator from Chicago, later an US Senator from Illinois...now a twice elected President of the USA

David Axelrod is a king and early advocate in the filed

Unless they are world class actors, the "faux-conservatives" on this site are not paid shills, just uneducated rednecks who watch too much Fox News.

.....And, that's been established thru strict scientific-research!!!!!

:cool:

The reaction from Fox? "Considering FDU’s undergraduate school is ranked as one of the worst in the country," said a company spokesperson, "we suggest the school invest in improving its weak academic program instead of spending money on frivolous polling – their student body does not deserve to be so ill-informed."

Study: Watching Fox News Actually Makes You Stupid | Jillian Rayfield | Politics News | Rolling Stone

Forum List

Back