CDZ Page Limit in order?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by HenryBHough, Aug 6, 2017.

1. JoeMoma

JoeMoma Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,120
    If there is a one page limit, then someone can filibuster the thread, kind of like I did in posts 9 and 10.

2. BULLDOG

BULLDOG Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,588
    I don't think there is a limit. More like nobody cares.

3. Xelor

Xelor Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,577
  4. Xelor

Xelor Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,577
    I think the objective of fomenting intelligent debate/discussion is served best by parties to the conversation posting only remarks that strictly address the topic(s) of a thread. Real-time conversations are quite dynamic; however, when the sole mode of communication is writing, that participants to the discussion stay on-topic is essential.

Accordingly, I suggest removing posts that do not directly address the thread topic. USMB members have a very difficult time sticking to the thread topic. For example, countless are the threads about, say:
    • Donald Trump and in which members post remarks about myriad other individuals and things other than Donald Trump.
    • Democrats and in which members post remarks about, among other things, Republicans.
    • Net economic impact of "this or that" policy/approach and in which members remark on something other than the policy's net impact.
    Only by strictly and vigilantly enforcing the on-topic requirement by deleting off-topic posts will members evolve the habit of either (1) creating a new thread when the idea they care to share is not fitting for the thread in which they would have posted it, or (2) just not post their off-topic remarks.

Alternatively, USMB can dispense with the rules (where they exist) that require one be on-topic.

BTW, this thread is probably better suited to the "Announcements and Feedback" section of the forum, rather than the CDZ.