Pagan Christianity!

Mickiel

Silver Member
May 19, 2016
Did you know that much of Christianity now has evolved from paganism? Oh the Christians don't want to know this , and does not want the world to know it either. I recommend one book as reference reading ; " Pagan Christianity" by Frank Viola and George Barna. A stunning book ,I will refer to it often in this thread. Christianity used to be known as " The Way"; but the Romans start calling them Christians at Antioch, Acts 11:26. The followers accepted that terminology ; that was merely the beginning of them accepting the ways and means of Romans and other pagan influences. As the church grew and the Apostles died out , they began accepting into the church members who still had pagan ways and beliefs ; a morph that will remain in the Christian bloodstream up until this present age.

Lets look into this incredible historical event.

Did you know that much of Christianity now has evolved from paganism? Oh the Christians don't want to know this , and does not want the world to know it either. I recommend one book as reference reading ; " Pagan Christianity" by Frank Viola and George Barna. A stunning book ,I will refer to it often in this thread. Christianity used to be known as " The Way"; but the Romans start calling them Christians at Antioch, Acts 11:26. The followers accepted that terminology ; that was merely the beginning of them accepting the ways and means of Romans and other pagan influences. As the church grew and the Apostles died out , they began accepting into the church members who still had pagan ways and beliefs ; a morph that will remain in the Christian bloodstream up until this present age.

This has been disproven almost since the material was first presented in the 1800s. You may want to look at how Christians took over pagan Temples by bringing in their own rites and relics. In any case paganism has never ever really died out. The most one can say is that it kind of faded from history, but paganism and the Abrahamic faiths have existed side-by-side for thousands of years.

easter is deep rooted in paganism. all those bunnies & colored easter eggs....

bringing in & decorating a tree at 'christmas' time is a pagan tradition & so are yulelogs.

Copyright infringement! Taoism already was "The Way". :eusa_snooty:

In Jude 4 it speaks of certain men who " Crept into the faith", 2 Tim. 3:6 speaks of the same dynamic; even before Paul died the church was being invaded by philosophy and pagan influences, Col. 2:8. In 1 John 2:18 John warned of anti-Christ being " Here now." The church wanted to grow and it began absorbing the seeds of paganism; its ritual and pomp. This happen slowly over the centuries , like a virus , paganism found a home in Christianity.

bringing in & decorating a tree at 'christmas' time is a pagan tradition & so are yulelogs.

Pagans will be the first to tell you the events being celebrated are entirely different. You seem to be proposing that decorations and meals define beliefs.

In Jude 4 it speaks of certain men who " Crept into the faith", 2 Tim. 3:6 speaks of the same dynamic; even before Paul died the church was being invaded by philosophy and pagan influences, Col. 2:8. In 1 John 2:18 John warned of anti-Christ being " Here now." The church wanted to grow and it began absorbing the seeds of paganism; its ritual and pomp. This happen slowly over the centuries , like a virus , paganism found a home in Christianity.
No, true pagans kept on with their own beliefs, and history bears this out.

Pagans will be the first to tell you the events being celebrated are entirely different. You seem to be proposing that decorations and meals define beliefs.

i didn't say they are the same. i said that the 'christian' holidays have their roots in those pagan holidays which have adapted & spun to incorporate christian beliefs.

Last edited:

i didn't say they are the same. i said that the 'christian' holidays have their roots in those pagan holidays & have adapted & spun to incorporate christian beliefs.

I agree , but remember this is a culture shock for most Christians, one they are in complete denial of.

Are Holidays like Christmas and Easter pagan or Christian?

Christmas , Easter , even birthday celebrations are rooted in paganism. But they have become an integral part of the Christian bloodstream , they willnot give up these vain traditions.

i didn't say they are the same. i said that the 'christian' holidays have their roots in those pagan holidays & have adapted & spun to incorporate christian beliefs.

No, Christian roots are in Judaism. Many pagans remained pagans for centuries. The different faiths co-existed. When Christianity began taking over pagan temples, they did so by bringing in their own relics and rites. Where Jewish and Christian celebrations differ was influenced by the way pagans celebrated--not what they celebrated.

I agree , but remember this is a culture shock for most Christians, one they are in complete of.

Are Holidays like Christmas and Easter pagan or Christian?

Christmas , Easter , even birthday celebrations in paganism. But they have become an integral part of the Christian bloodstream , they willnot give up these vain traditions.

I doubt it is culture shock. I've heard about it all my life, and as I said earlier, it began back in the 1800s.

Its fun to watch children learn new things

No, true pagans kept on with their own beliefs, and history bears this out.

I think playtime is right. Our calendar starts with Jesus's birth. That makes his birthday January 1, 0000. Why do we celebrate it on December 25? Why do we decorate eggs handed out by a bunny? That sounds like someone is worshiping fertility rather than a resurrection. The Old Testament is very detailed when describing holidays.

The only holiday mentioned in the New Testament is the Lord's Day aka Sunday. Every Christian holiday that we celebrate is borrowed.

Its fun to watch children learn new things

That was rude.

No, Christian roots are in Judaism. Many pagans remained pagans for centuries. The different faiths co-existed. When Christianity began taking over pagan temples, they did so by bringing in their own relics and rites. Where Jewish and Christian celebrations differ was influenced by the way pagans celebrated--not what they celebrated.

m'k. then bunnies & easter eggs have nothing to do with fertility rites & everything to do with celebrating christ's resurrection. & having a christmas tree & decorating it is totally about christ's birth & the yule log isn't steeped in nordic tradition & has nothing to do with the winter soltice.

easter is derived fro the word eastre... the goddess of spring.

Forum List

Back