Paedo Priests get tentative support

One would think, living so close to Ireland, you would have a clue. . .

No Obligation to Report Child Abuse, Vatican Tells Bishops

I struggle to understand why the Vatican is being so weak on this issue.
Well, it's clear YOU aren't Catholic, weren't raised Catholic, and don't know shit about the Catholic Church, or your struggle wouldn't be a mystery.

:lmao:

Are you saying that catholics understand why their church protects and hides pedo priests?

And, why did you end your post with a laughing emoticon?

What is so funny about the catholic church hiding and enabling pedo priests?

Surely the sensible action would be to let them get married. Otherwise it will just be a continual downward spiral. Bad always drives out good in any field.

Well, it's clear YOU aren't Catholic, weren't raised Catholic, and don't know shit about the Catholic Church, or your struggle wouldn't be a mystery.

:lmao:

Are you saying that catholics understand why their church protects and hides pedo priests?

And, why did you end your post with a laughing emoticon?

What is so funny about the catholic church hiding and enabling pedo priests?

Yes, I am saying that intelligent Catholics understand how the Church operates. Intelligent human beings understand how all bureaucracies operate. They always work toward SELF-PRESERVATION.

I think it's funny that a person doesn't understand what is as clear as the nose on someone's face.

Now, the Church has certain dogmas that have to, by definition, remain constant. That is the definition of the Church. Otherwise, it would be something different. It would be Protestant, or Jewish, or Buddist, or etc.

Tommy has made the absurd suggestion for instance that they let the priests get married. That would be akin to accepting gays, or letting women give the mass. Hell, why not let children marry animals?

Because IT IS THE CHURCH. That is the definition of the Church. It is what it is.

Now, OTH, once dogma is taken into account, the bureaucracy protects it's existence. It's members will always be more important, (in their view,) than a few peon victims of sex abuse.

Just like government officials feel they are more important and more powerful than the plebes, the church views it's officials as more important than the parishioners. Lay people are expendable, a Priest is not. They are limited assets. They are rare and precious to the church. Very few young folk are becoming priests these days. Thus they need to protect the ones they have.

"God can forgive," the transgressions of a priest in the view of the Church. . . the state? Not so much. And the church has deep pockets to pay off victims. So they can rehabilitate a priest and move him where he can no longer do harm.

Why is this so hard for people to grasp why the Church is doing what it is doing?

Corporations and governments do the same exact thing.

God help you if you are poor and destitute and no powerful organization is in your corner. Then you are really screwed.

Surely the sensible action would be to let them get married. Otherwise it will just be a continual downward spiral. Bad always drives out good in any field.

Pedophilia is not caused by a lack of sex with a wife.
That isnt the point I was addressing. I was looking at making the priesthood more attractive to young men and stopping the shortfall.There is no way of preventing paedos from signing up.

That isnt the point I was addressing. I was looking at making the priesthood more attractive to young men and stopping the shortfall.There is no way of preventing paedos from signing up.
Well, the problem is not so much just "marriage."

It the Catholic Church is going to say to men that they should not get married, the should also disallow media, television, magazines, etc. and instruct them about healthy living. I seriously do not know if they do this now. I don't know anything about what they tell their recruits in seminary.

I have studied sex, culture, etc.

Staying celibate is really not that difficult if one is not drenched in modern culture and poisoned by a modern diet. The diet of the Christ is nothing like the modern diet, that's for sure.

I don't think men before the 20th century had much of a difficulty staying celibate.

21st century culture is obsessed with sex. It is now the belief that it is necessary for a healthy and full life. That's the result of mass media and cultural Marxism.

Naturally, there is nothing wrong with sex, but there is nothing wrong with absence of sex.

If one just proposes a sex free life style these days, they are roundly condemned. What sort of horror is that? :eusa_shifty: It's become a sick world where the celibate are considered the perverted. :badgrin:

It the Catholic Church is going to say to men that they should not get married, the should also disallow media, television, magazines, etc. and instruct them about healthy living. I seriously do not know if they do this now. I don't know anything about what they tell their recruits in seminary.

Staying celibate is really not that difficult if one is not drenched in modern culture and poisoned by a modern diet. The diet of the Christ is nothing like the modern diet, that's for sure.

I don't think men before the 20th century had much of a difficulty staying celibate.

21st century culture is obsessed with sex. It is now the belief that it is necessary for a healthy and full life. That's the result of mass media and cultural Marxism.

Naturally, there is nothing wrong with sex, but there is nothing wrong with absence of sex.

If one just proposes a sex free life style these days, they are roundly condemned. What sort of horror is that? :eusa_shifty: It's become a sick world where the celibate are considered the perverted. :badgrin:
Celibacy is not a natural state and that is where the struggle is. Certainly in my culture I cannot think of any period of history where celibacy was practiced as a life style. Historically the Church were relaxed about it as well.

The Vatican condones sex with children and doesn't want bishops ratting out each other, and everyone under them, or bent over in front of them.
Seriously? Yeah, link that to a source, or the board could just as well make the claim that you are possessed by demons.

Anyone can say anything that is unsubstantiated.

Hell, even the Enquirer will do.

I doubt they "condone it." They just don't care. That is a far cry from condoning it.

Celibacy is not a natural state and that is where the struggle is. Certainly in my culture I cannot think of any period of history where celibacy was practiced as a life style. Historically the Church were relaxed about it as well.
Aww bullshit.

If it hadn't been for queen Vicky, folks over here in the States wouldn't have been so uptight about masturbating.

Shit, a whole lot of folks over here are still uptight about masturbating because of 'ol queen Vic.

Methinks you aren't even familiar with your own history.

Aww bullshit.

If it hadn't been for queen Vicky, folks over here in the States wouldn't have been so uptight about masturbating.

Shit, a whole lot of folks over here are still uptight about masturbating because of 'ol queen Vic.

Whatever the image promoted by "polite" society there was no celibacy. They were shagging like rabbits.

The Vatican condones sex with children and doesn't want bishops ratting out each other, and everyone under them, or bent over in front of them.

They have been hiding and relocating pedo priests for many many years.

I think it was pope before last whose job was to keep track of where pedo priests were sent so they didn't accidentally send them back to where they had previously been caught.

To my knowledge, there is no other place where criminal behavior is openly tolerated and enabled.

What mystifies me is that parents still go to catholic churches, send their children there and even allow priests to be alone with children.

Aww bullshit.

That's ridiculous.

Methinks its YOU who needs to study a bit of history.

Forum List

Back