Paddock prescribed antidepressants in June, which means virtually every mass shooter....

What about our Pisslam mass shootings like Ft. Hood, Chattanooga, San Bernardino and Orlando? They weren't on any mind-altering drugs I know of; their hate-filled Islam poison was behind those shootings - as Pisslam has a 100% record of murderous violence everywhere it has oozed for 1400 years.

It's hard for leftist to figure out " VALIUM" being mixed with other drugs causes reactions. WOW imagine that.

Time to ban anti-depressents.

Ban everything!!!
Any medication you take comes with risks. Obviously try changes in lifestyle, nutrition ect... and see if that works. Work with a doctor.

Truth is, most truly disturbed people don't think they are disturbed and many people couldn't even recognize someone like that. Med mishaps are only a part of the issue.

Ok lets ban those drugs. Now you have non medicated crazy disturbed people looking for revenge or whatever they need .o_O

Funny that you started this thread. I was just thinking about the same exact thing.

Antianxiety medicines (such as alprazolam, clonazepam, diazepam, and lorazepam) are sometimes used along with antipsychotic medicines to treat a relapse of schizophrenia. These medicines help calm you and relieve anxiety and nervousness. In high doses, they may make you sleepy.

Antianxiety medicines are sometimes used to shorten an episode of psychosis. In rare cases, taking antianxiety medicines makes psychotic symptoms worse.

Link?

Do you think I am making stuff up or something? :lol: Sure there are TONS of links about the side effects of antidepressants and anxiolytics and their potentially serious side effects. Ever heard of Google search engine?

http://www.letmegooglethat.com/?q=anxiolytics+and+antidepressant+side+effects

If we doctors threw all our medicines into the sea, it would be that much better for our patients and that much worse for the fishes.

I think the medicines are useful in many circumstances. However, it is interesting to explore the different reasons that may cause someone to have a psychotic break and do something like this. Also, I do think a lot of doctors are fast and loose with prescribing these meds some of the time. It is the quick "cure all." A "feel good" pill which apparently doesn't make EVERYONE feel so good.

Las Vegas Strip shooter prescribed anti-anxiety drug in June

Stephen Paddock, who killed at least 58 people and wounded hundreds more in Las Vegas on Sunday with high-powered rifles, was prescribed an anti-anxiety drug in June that can lead to aggressive behavior, the Las Vegas Review-Journal has learned.

Records from the Nevada Prescription Monitoring Program obtained Tuesday show Paddock was prescribed 50 10-milligram diazepam tablets by Henderson physician Dr. Steven Winkler on June 21.

A woman who answered the phone at Winkler’s office would not make him available to answer questions and would neither confirm nor deny that Paddock was ever a patient.

-------------

Yeap. Just about every mass killing in this country from columbine to Sandy Hook to VT to the Aurora shooter and now this.

All of them were on antidepressants or under the SSRI drugs.

We won't hear much about any of this. The pharmaceutical companies advertise on all of those great media networks, don't they?

Gun companies don't though. Get it? Oh, I am sure it may be a coincidence that all of those shooters were all on an SSRI drug.

Some others that the media sort of left out. Robin Williams was on antidepressants. So was Heath Ledger when he died. So was Chris Cornell.

No connection? It was the guns.
Mental health issues are always more dangerous with guns
(Not to mention automatic ones)
In the vast majority of attempted suicides, people don't end up dying because of suicide. Meaning the second chance is very successful in most cases.
Guns take that second chance away because gun deaths account for a low amount of 'attempts,' meaning it is much more accurate and deadly than other methods of suicide.

Also, a high number of citizens killed by police are disabled or mentally ill. (Just saying)

Guns and mental illness don't mix well together.

However, I do recall almost immediately after taking office Trump nixed Obama era gun laws restricting mentally ill and firearms.
While trying to cut Medicaid so the mentally ill can buy guns and not meds- (sounds counterproductive, yes I know)

The real crazies get hooked on these antidepressants Then someday they move or they don't have a copay and prescription Runs Out They don't have the same doctor he retires Suddenly that go to 3 days without it And they can go completely wackoAgain brought you using Lazy Man's Google typing talking

I'm going to stand firm behind the fact that Valium Klonopin and Xanax Even mixed with booze they would not cause this kind of Whack job to go off his rocker No way. The only thing I can think of that might happen is he would have fallen out the window when he was using the sledgehammer

By the time the racist white media gets through profiling this white bastard, he'll be ready for sainthood.....give me a fuckin break....anybody that does shit like this is fuckin nuts, duh
DoTard Trump already declared Las Vegas a "miracle."
All Paddock needs is one more for sainthood.

Time to ban anti-depressents.
No. I struggled from the time I was a teenager until I was close to forty before there was a medication that could lift that lingering dark weather from above my head. It was life changing.

Funny that you started this thread. I was just thinking about the same exact thing.

Antianxiety medicines (such as alprazolam, clonazepam, diazepam, and lorazepam) are sometimes used along with antipsychotic medicines to treat a relapse of schizophrenia. These medicines help calm you and relieve anxiety and nervousness. In high doses, they may make you sleepy.

Antianxiety medicines are sometimes used to shorten an episode of psychosis. In rare cases, taking antianxiety medicines makes psychotic symptoms worse.

Link?

Do you think I am making stuff up or something? :lol: Sure there are TONS of links about the side effects of antidepressants and anxiolytics and their potentially serious side effects. Ever heard of Google search engine?

Let Me Google That

That’s cute, but I don’t see I link confirming what you said. I didn’t say you made anything up, I just want to see a link.

The real crazies get hooked on these antidepressants Then someday they move or they don't have a copay and prescription Runs Out They don't have the same doctor he retires Suddenly that go to 3 days without it And they can go completely wackoAgain brought you using Lazy Man's Google typing talking

I'm going to stand firm behind the fact that Valium Klonopin and Xanax Even mixed with booze they would not cause this kind of Whack job to go off his rocker No way. The only thing I can think of that might happen is he would have fallen out the window when he was using the sledgehammer
You could be right. Then again we really don't know what else he had in his system. Very little is talked about this guy. It is out of the news if you notice. There have been contradictory stories about this. They claim he put videos of the shooting, then they claim the videos were not on. A report came out and actually said he removed the hard drive from the computer will a lot of information and they cannot find the hard drive. They claim the security guard was shot 6 minutes before the shooting happened, and then they claim that is not true.

Now, he out of the news and we have moved on. He just decided to shoot a bunch of people.

Forum List

Back