Pacquiao v Marquez III

TKO by Manny in round 8.

Followed by more ducking statements and excuses from Floyd Mayweather.....

Does anyone watch boxing anymore?

I'll watch this one, but MMA has surpassed boxing. In fact, there is a fight for the UFC heavyweight championship tonight, free on Fox, just to fuck with boxing's PPV numbers i'm sure......

FTR Joe Frazier died this week.

Boxing has massively screwed up over the years such that it has basically fallen out of the nation's consciousness.

It needs personality. Ali, Frazer, Norton, Holmes, and Big Joe Foreman, etc. Even the mid's had personality.

Now, not so much.

RIP Smoking Joe.

I say Sugar Ray Leonard or Thomas "The Hit Man" Hearns would have taken out Manny in less than six rounds. Hell, Aaron Pryor would have beaten Manny!

Boxing is DONE. The heyday of the 60s through the 80s is long gone.

Does anyone watch boxing anymore?

I'll watch this one, but MMA has surpassed boxing. In fact, there is a fight for the UFC heavyweight championship tonight, free on Fox, just to fuck with boxing's PPV numbers i'm sure......

I hear people say MMA is surpassing boxing all the time, but the money tells a different story.

Paquiao is guaranteed $22million tonight, Marquez $5million.

Velasquez & Dos Santos will be lucky to combine for $500K in the UFC title fight. Of course a lot of that has to do with Dana White being a greedy tyrant, but still, I doubt a UFC event pulls anywhere near as much as these top tier boxing matches.

FTR Joe Frazier died this week.

Boxing has massively screwed up over the years such that it has basically fallen out of the nation's consciousness.

Yeah, that's why they can afford to guarantee $27million to the fighters. Because nobody is watching. :thup:

I won't pay for it but I'd watch the fight if it was on...Damn, I pay enough for cable already, you'd think it should be on one of those damn channels!

I won't pay for it but I'd watch the fight if it was on...Damn, I pay enough for cable already, you'd think it should be on one of those damn channels!

Same here. But it'll be replayed on HBO next weekend. If it's a good fight I'll watch it then.

I thought it was crystal clear that manny lost!

Forum List

Back