Pack of Latino Lies: PBS "As Long As I Remember".

You didn't refute the claim. Mexican Americans would fall under the "White" category. You'd have to find stats that seperate Whites into Hispanic/non-Hispanic.

Now it does seem unlikely to me that almost half of all White casualties would be Mexican American, so I'm not buying the 20% claim, but I'd have to see all the data to know.

"Other" means any other races not white or black. They are listed in the publication that I provided a link for. My point was to show that 98% of the American war dead in the Vietnam War were not Latinos.

It is interesting to note that Mexico's population is less than 2% of the world's. Yet look how many we allow in the US and their pissed because they want to shovel in more!

"Other" would more then likely be Asian. There are three established "races" Caucasian, Asian and Black.

Latino is listed in the literature on the link.

Not at the time of the Vietnam war. Look up the statistics, they never list Latinos as a group.
I am outside with my son right now, but I found a few other links with the 20%.

You obviously don't know how to click the link I provided. It breaks up all the races from the Korean War till the present.

Latino is an ethnicity.

And not a race. :D
It even says, even today a majority consider themselves white.

yes white latino and latino

They are still considered latino though ;).

The stupid thing was wrong, don't defend idiocy luissy ;)

Not at the time of the Vietnam war. Look up the statistics, they never list Latinos as a group.
I am outside with my son right now, but I found a few other links with the 20%.

You obviously don't know how to click the link I provided. It breaks up all the races from the Korean War till the present.

And the "Latino or Hispanic" category is blank for Vietnam.

Let see what happens if a white tried to pass himself off as Latino at one of those "for Latino Only" organizations.

You do realize that in some statistics from that time period Latinos were considered white, right? Even today some are classified as white.

Correct and well done.
Facts of the Case:

Pete Hernandez, an agricultural worker, was indicted for the murder of Joe Espinoza by an all-Anglo (white) grand jury in Jackson County, Texas. Claiming that Mexican-Americans were barred from the jury commission that selected juries, and from petit juries, Hernandez' attorneys tried to quash the indictment. Moreover, Hernandez tried to quash the petit jury panel called for service, because persons of Mexican descent were excluded from jury service in this case. A Mexican-American had not served on a jury in Jackson County in over 25 years and thus, Hernandez claimed that Mexican ancestry citizens were discriminated against as a special class in Jackson County. The trial court denied the motions. Hernandez was found guilty of murder and sentenced by the all-Anglo jury to life in prison. In affirming, the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals found that "Mexicans are...members of and within the classification of the white race as distinguished from members of the Negro Race" and rejected the petitioners' argument that they were a "special class" under the meaning of the Fourteenth Amendment. Further, the court pointed out that "so far as we are advised, no member of the Mexican nationality" challenged this classification as white or Caucasian.

Question:

Is it a denial of the Fourteenth Amendment equal protection clause to try a defendant of a particular race or ethnicity before a jury where all persons of his race or ancestry have, because of that race or ethnicity, been excluded by the state?

Conclusion:

Yes. In a unanimous opinion delivered by Chief Justice Earl Warren, the Court held that the Fourteenth Amendment protects those beyond the two classes of white or Negro, and extends to other racial groups in communities depending upon whether it can be factually established that such a group exists within a community. In reversing, the Court concluded that the Fourteenth Amendment "is not directed solely against discrimination due to a 'two-class theory'" but in this case covers those of Mexican ancestry. This was established by the fact that the distinction between whites and Mexican ancestry individuals was made clear at the Jackson County Courthouse itself where "there were two men's toilets, one unmarked, and the other marked 'Colored Men and 'Hombres Aqui' ('Men Here')," and by the fact that no Mexican ancestry person had served on a jury in 25 years. Mexican Americans were a "special class" entitled to equal protection under the Fourteenth Amendment.

Hernandez v. Texas | The Oyez Project at IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law

Let see what happens if a white tried to pass himself off as Latino at one of those "for Latino Only" organizations.

?

What does that have to do with anything?

You do realize that in some statistics from that time period Latinos were considered white, right? Even today some are classified as white.

Correct and well done.
Facts of the Case:

Pete Hernandez, an agricultural worker, was indicted for the murder of Joe Espinoza by an all-Anglo (white) grand jury in Jackson County, Texas. Claiming that Mexican-Americans were barred from the jury commission that selected juries, and from petit juries, Hernandez' attorneys tried to quash the indictment. Moreover, Hernandez tried to quash the petit jury panel called for service, because persons of Mexican descent were excluded from jury service in this case. A Mexican-American had not served on a jury in Jackson County in over 25 years and thus, Hernandez claimed that Mexican ancestry citizens were discriminated against as a special class in Jackson County. The trial court denied the motions. Hernandez was found guilty of murder and sentenced by the all-Anglo jury to life in prison. In affirming, the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals found that "Mexicans are...members of and within the classification of the white race as distinguished from members of the Negro Race" and rejected the petitioners' argument that they were a "special class" under the meaning of the Fourteenth Amendment. Further, the court pointed out that "so far as we are advised, no member of the Mexican nationality" challenged this classification as white or Caucasian.

Question:

Is it a denial of the Fourteenth Amendment equal protection clause to try a defendant of a particular race or ethnicity before a jury where all persons of his race or ancestry have, because of that race or ethnicity, been excluded by the state?

Conclusion:

Yes. In a unanimous opinion delivered by Chief Justice Earl Warren, the Court held that the Fourteenth Amendment protects those beyond the two classes of white or Negro, and extends to other racial groups in communities depending upon whether it can be factually established that such a group exists within a community. In reversing, the Court concluded that the Fourteenth Amendment "is not directed solely against discrimination due to a 'two-class theory'" but in this case covers those of Mexican ancestry. This was established by the fact that the distinction between whites and Mexican ancestry individuals was made clear at the Jackson County Courthouse itself where "there were two men's toilets, one unmarked, and the other marked 'Colored Men and 'Hombres Aqui' ('Men Here')," and by the fact that no Mexican ancestry person had served on a jury in 25 years. Mexican Americans were a "special class" entitled to equal protection under the Fourteenth Amendment.

Hernandez v. Texas | The Oyez Project at IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law

?

What does that have to do with anything?

So LA RAZA can receive benefits while standing in lines meant for:

American
Mexican
Hispanics
Latino
Tejano
Aztec
Dark Brown
Brown
Light Brown
Spanish
Immigrants
Migrants
Illegals
Undocumented Immigrants
Undocumented Migrants
Undocumented Illegals
Undocumented Aliens
Illegal Immigrants
Illegal Migrants
Illegal Aliens

can you think of any?​

but Americans are limited to:

American.​

Last edited:

So? that is irrelevant.
1 in 5 American soldier casualties were not Mexican. That is ludicrous.

Forum List

Back