Pacers-Pistons Brawl: Good To See Some Fans Get Their Asses Kicked

Discussion in 'Sports' started by NATO AIR, Nov 20, 2004.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    I'm aware there are many calling for Indiana's Ron Artest to recieve a long term suspension, but I'm glad he and others went into the stands to kick some ass. Time after time, fans have been given a free pass and a blanket amnesty for their violent actions against players (throwing batteries, beers and anything else they can get their hands on at players) and its about time somebody had enough and whooped some ass.
    These fans could blind somebody one day by hitting a player in the eye or even kill someone. They are far more out of control than the players are, and until they grow the hell up or these sports leagues start doing something about them, the problem will only get much, much worse. In the real world, these idiot fans would get shot for some of the things they say and do to these players. Its a shame they get away with it 99.99% of the time.
    Seeing that one idiot get nailed by Artest brought tears to my eyes, I can only hope it would be possible for Artest to break that idiot's nose, jaw and knock out a couple of teeth in one blow.

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I disagree NATO. Fan misbehavior should be taken care of by security, NOT by the players. Just who in the hell do they think they are taking matters like these in their own hands?

3. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    well obviously security failed miserably, and if they were failing, then the players have the right to take matters into their own hands to defend themselves.

these idiots throwing beer cups and batteries could have ended someone's career out there by cutting their eye or something worse. not to mention, that is assualt anyway by them throwing a projectile at another person with malicious intent. the players are no different from regular citizens, they have to be allowed to defend themselves.

4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Getting hit with a cup of water justifies going into the crowd and beating the shit out of someone and causing a riot ???? He coulda chilled--found security--had the fan ejected with a LOT less danger to everyone. Security can't stop a crazy fan from throwing a cup of water but can certainly eject and charge the fan. I didn't see any players waiting for security to handle it!

5. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    what we do not know is whether or not that fan had been saying things (the "n" word, things about artest's family, other pacer players, etc etc... these fans say things sailors would be ashamed of) to make the cup of water/beer the last straw... also, from the video, i saw other things being thrown (but not at artest).

personally, i think the fans should be open game. you want to say horrible things about people's families and loved ones, you should pay the penalty other people anywhere else would pay (i.e. a well-deserved ass-whupping).

we are sadly, far away from the old days when the worst thing you might hear is that a pitcher or point guard was "sorry" or "fat" or "slow".

now you have fans yelling out obscenities about player's children, wives, ethnicity, religion, etc etc. that's way beyond acceptable fan behavior.

6. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I agree that there are some incredibly evil fans yet I maintain that it is the job of security to discipline them. That's what they are there for. If they fail, the arena managemnet/owners should be taken to task. Do you really think that if one of these players gets their feelings hurt that they should be given a pass to go beat the shit out of whoever pushed their button??

7. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    yes, in some circumstances. the problem of course, there can be no "Case by case" basis for this... its zero tolerance or mayhem. the sad part though is, in many cases, this is way beyond "getting your feelings hurt". if a man made fun of my disabled child (one of the insults i've heard thrown at a player, (in this case, an NFL player, Ontario Smith), i would beat the shit out of him and anyone who got in my way on my raged path to getting a hold of him.

that's why i admire jackie robinson so much... to endure so much from so many and not crack or break or lose his temper... that is something i could never do.

8. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    On the matter of Artest, he might just get that time off he wanted to promote his rap music.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282

:D :banana: damn, that is so true.

10. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Jackie had class--our new breed of athletes tend to have an inflated ego which easily pops. They need to be held responsible for their behavior. If they wanna attack someone because they feel they have the right , then naturally they will understand when they are fined, jailed or have their careers ruined for their vigilantism.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1