PA school district using webcams to spy on students?

Is the school providing laptops for the students?

That is just wrong.

If the school does own the laptops then the student does no have the same rights with that computer as if they owned it.

They still broke the damn law.

Schools are not allowed to have cameras in bathrooms and locker rooms. In fact I remember a restaurant owner who secretly installed cameras in the women's bathroom at his restaurant. That would be his private property.

He was still arrested anyway.

You know they could search their computers and if they find any recordings of students getting dressed 'bam' child pronography charges.

Sorry I have to come back to this thread.

I just found out that the school was actually turning on the laptops cameras while the children were at home during after school hours. This is wrong.

If the kids are in school using them then I say the school can do whatever they want, but if the minor is at home changing their clothes the school should not be able to access the computer.

Update: Check out who got the lion's share of the money.

The school district came to an agreement with its insurance carrier to cover more than $1.2 million in legal fees, and part of that agreement involves paying $175,000 to a trust fund for Blake Robbins, $10,000 to another student, Jalil Hassan, and $425,000 to the two students' legal counsel. The board said that dragging the case out would have cost valuable taxpayer dollars that could otherwise be put towards education.

Still, the statement hinted that there were parts to the story that the public never heard, but left it at that. "Although we would have valued the opportunity to finally share an important, untold story in the courtroom, we recognize that in this case, a lengthy, costly trial would benefit no one," the board said.

School settles laptop spying case to "protect taxpayers"

New Topics

Forum List

Back