Pa-12

Got some information regarding the PA-12 race.

Apparently there was some Republican don't get out the vote as another high profile candidate is preparing for the very seat contested tonight in the upcoming November election - so another primary fight soon to come. So basically, both money and manpower was left off the table this time around, with a much more aggressive Republican campaign to follow in the coming months. The seat could very well go Republican when its time to vote for the full 2-year term.

Here's a take on just this scenario...

A point: Tim Burns’ task was complicated by the fact that he was running against a pro-life, pro-gun Democrat who ran against the health care bill and the cap-and-trade legislation. The Burns campaign did everything they could to tie Burns to Democratic figures and laws that polled badly in the district – Pelosi, the health care bill — and it appears that in the end, voters in the district weren’t buying it.

But I am wondering about the Burns campaign’s get-out-the-vote operation at this hour. Also, another conservative blogger mentioned to me a few days ago that some supporters of Bill Russell, the Republican who ran against John Murtha in 2008, wouldn’t be supporting Burns in the special election. (Russell is competing against Burns in the primary election for the November ballot; at this moment, Burns leads Russell, 56 percent to 43 percent.) I was skeptical that enough Russell supporters would do this to effect the race, but now I’m wondering. Did the Russell folks keep their ballots blank?

The PA-12 Results Are Bad For the GOP. Just How Bad? - The Campaign Spot - National Review Online

Apparently there was some Republican don't get out the vote as another high profile candidate is preparing for the very seat contested tonight in the upcoming November election - so another primary fight soon to come. So basically, both money and manpower was left off the table this time around, with a much more aggressive Republican campaign to follow in the coming months. The seat could very well go Republican when its time to vote for the full 2-year term.

:lol:

RIIIIIGHT.

Are you guys going to have the same message this November? What about 2012? 2014? 2016?

This was the test that the Tea Party, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, et. all, all said that would define this November and an uprising against Democrats.

Uprising cancel?

+

A point: Tim Burns’ task was complicated by the fact that he was running against a pro-life, pro-gun Democrat who ran against the health care bill and the cap-and-trade legislation. The Burns campaign did everything they could to tie Burns to Democratic figures and laws that polled badly in the district – Pelosi, the health care bill — and it appears that in the end, voters in the district weren’t buying it.

But I am wondering about the Burns campaign’s get-out-the-vote operation at this hour. Also, another conservative blogger mentioned to me a few days ago that some supporters of Bill Russell, the Republican who ran against John Murtha in 2008, wouldn’t be supporting Burns in the special election. (Russell is competing against Burns in the primary election for the November ballot; at this moment, Burns leads Russell, 56 percent to 43 percent.) I was skeptical that enough Russell supporters would do this to effect the race, but now I’m wondering. Did the Russell folks keep their ballots blank?

The PA-12 Results Are Bad For the GOP. Just How Bad? - The Campaign Spot - National Review Online

+

spinatra, lol

This was the only 'real' election yesterday wasn't it? I mean, as opposed to just a primary. Once again the Democrats win. Someone said that the Democrats have won every House special election since 2008; if that's true, why am I hearing that the Democrats are done for?

Oh I get it now......What was once "the most significant race of the night"

Is now...."We weren't really trying"

Critz won because the Democrats ran a centrist who matched the district's politics, thus proving that the eternal mantra of the right, that centrism is doomed to fail and should always be condemned,

is eternally stupid.

This undercuts the wet dreams of 100 seats.

But the essential fact is, 0bama does not help that much. The D was running against 0bama was much as the R was.

You just know that if Burns had won we'd never hear the end of it. ;)

Just ask Sinatra....

This was going to be a political bellwether, until the other side won

Just ask Sinatra....

This was going to be a political bellwether, until the other side won

eggscellent.

grppic_2928448_21015.gif

Who was saying that?

The most significant race was Sestack/Specturd....

Try not to beleive everything you read on a blog....

Sinatra
Member #18427 Join Date: Feb 2009

PA-12 is HUGE. Perhaps the most signifcant race tonight.

Perhaps because it involved an actual seat makes it significant

Who was saying that?

Sinatra
Member #18427 Join Date: Feb 2009

PA-12 is HUGE. Perhaps the most signifcant race tonight.

Perhaps because it involved an actual seat makes it significant

Ahhhh... So one guy on USMB says it's "perhaps" the most significant race and to you this means it actually is...

I wonder if Sinatra knows the power he has with you...:eusa_think:

The thoughts of PA-12 was a overwhlming "nice if it happened - no surprise if it didn't" type of feeling according to the things I've read from the right... Sure, some like Sinatra were excited that it might switch, but that would have been a HUGE upset in a gerrymandered district setup to help keep Murtha in his seat for life...

You can certainly believe that the message was sent that 0bama's policies are what America wants for November based upon the results of PA-12 if you want...

Who was saying that?

The most significant race was PA 12 because it was actually an election that put someone in office.

Forum List

Back