P0rn for The ClayTaurus, GotZoom...and? :)

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Any other RX8'ers around? :)

Saturday myself and a friend (blue/silverish/whatever miata) participated in track day. It's not so much a 'track' - but abandoned Run way. :) Still, loads of fun. My car saw nearly 120mph on the front straight - The back portion had turns laid out w/ cones...3rd gear, WOT through most of the several 'esses'.

'twas a good deal of fun for $60. I did four or five 20 minute sessions. After a couple sessions in 'beginner' I was bumped up to 'intermediate' - the biggest difference was not having to deal with VERY slow cars; there were a few in Beginner who were driving at half the speed as others.

rx8track1.jpg

darinturnbmw.jpg

More...

http://www.d-mphotos.com/irdcweb/index.htm

Number 11 is slowing you down.

Sweet bro'.....now, about that week we go to Germany and hit the Nuremburg Ring.......

The ClayTaurus said:
Your tire looks like it's about to pop off the rim in that first pic...

I love our cars :)

:)

I'm fairly impressed with how well the car kept up, and passed other cars - a number with aftermarket suspension. :) A set of good coil-overs, the aforementioned brake pads, and good tires would do wonders to help make the rx8 a LOT faster :)

dmp said:
:)

I'm fairly impressed with how well the car kept up, and passed other cars - a number with aftermarket suspension. :) A set of good coil-overs, the aforementioned brake pads, and good tires would do wonders to help make the rx8 a LOT faster :)

My PZeros are soooo sticky.

Of course, you could always get an extra set for just auto-x.

GotZoom said:
My PZeros are soooo sticky.

Of course, you could always get an extra set for just auto-x.

I don't much care for autocross; if i were going to get an extra set of tires, I suspect I'd get R-compound. My hope is to be able to afford Potenza S03 as replacement for my OEM Dunlops.

$202? per tire? if I recall. :(

dmp said:
I don't much care for autocross; if i were going to get an extra set of tires, I suspect I'd get R-compound. My hope is to be able to afford Potenza S03 as replacement for my OEM Dunlops.

$202? per tire? if I recall. :(

245/40/18 are 232.00.

225/40/18 are 208.00

Tirerack.com

dmp said:
define 'cylinder' - I bet I could find some cylindrical parts for sure.

:D

Shocks...
Oil-catch can?

:D

Tire-tracks around M3's?.. I suppose that's more 2-d than 3-d...

The ClayTaurus said:
Tire-tracks around M3's?.. I suppose that's more 2-d than 3-d...

Indeed - and the M3's were not slow...per se, just the couple I found on the twisty bits needed drivers with more balls. :)

Forum List

Back