P.R.A. :Project For The Revitalization of America

Back on track...

rtwngAvngr said:
F.O.C-- Freedom Oriented Curriculum

This is an organization that puts together curriclumns for all levels of education, free of liberal bias.

What else?
As a subcommittee under the FOC, we ought to study Victorian education. We have been reading the Laura Ingalls Wilder books, and you should SEE what those kids had to know to graduate! Mental arithmatic, grammar, they had to recite parts of the nation's founding documents. Much meatier curriculum back then, it seems.

mom4 said:
Back on track...

As a subcommittee under the FOC, we ought to study Victorian education. We have been reading the Laura Ingalls Wilder books, and you should SEE what those kids had to know to graduate! Mental arithmatic, grammar, they had to recite parts of the nation's founding documents. Much meatier curriculum back then, it seems.

And also I think it should focus on other culture's too. So kids can decide for themselves how evil america really is, compared to world cultures. The problem now is our kids know little about america, and even less about other nations history, so when their professors say "AMerica is the most evil nation on earth" they have no defense.

mom4 said:
Back on track...

Let's face--generally Americans' spoil thier kids rotten. If you don't teach them to learn or hold them responsible, you get stupid lazy kids who cant or dont want to work.If you take spirituality out of the equation, all you have are zombies wanting to be taken care of and entertained.

Wolfe said:
Its only the capitalist system at work when american companies outsource jobs to India and elsewhere. They are seeking the lowest cost inputs to get the job done and in these days of globalization it's feasible.
However there is equilibrium for everything.
As the value of the American dollar drops it becomse increasingly attractive for capital to move back in.
And who wants their kid to be a plumber or machinist or auto mechanic? Mothers these days want Johnny or Sally to becoma a lawyer or doctor.
The traditional blue collar jobs are looked upon with disdain by most parents.

Yes. But if we had MORE computer programmers here, they wouldn't have had to pay them 100,000 k and wouldn't have sought so stridently to outsource. This is also capitalism. Supply and demand.

Hey, aj. I know you fear this revitalization of america talk.

rtwngAvngr said:
Liberalism is a cancer in our society, and is opposed to every value that has made america great.
Not necessarily so. They do endorse equal rights for people, which is a reason why America was founded. The conservatives don't want thse equal rights as much. You know what issue I'm talking about.

I say a balance is best, but I'm still not happy with either side.

Kagom said:
Not necessarily so. They do endorse equal rights for people, which is a reason why America was founded. The conservatives don't want thse equal rights as much. You know what issue I'm talking about.

I say a balance is best, but I'm still not happy with either side.

Totally wrong. Liberals want there to be classes of people with more rights than others. For instance, it's ok for liberals if whites are discriminated against based on their race. That's not equal.

To revitalize America we start by dispensing with income tax and instead put a consumption tax on goods and services to tax the illegal immigrants siphoning money out of our economy down to Mexico. They're a cancer on our economy despite the fact that they provide cheap labor and good tex-mex. Repubs and Dems both need to stop coddling them. Next, we stop outsourcing jobs to India, Indonesia, China and others so that decent Americans will be able to find good work. After that we start a nation-wide campaign to rejuvenate apathetic Americans who know more about the Simpsons than they do about world affairs and their own government and regain the positive, cock-eyed optimism Americans were known for before materialism started to take over the culture in the 70s and 80s. We need to decrease federal power and bring government back to the towns and cities--back to the people. After that, we pump resources into the education plan Bush spoke about during his last state of the union address to increase American kids' interest and ability to learn valuable subjects like science and math so that we can beat the Asians and the Indians at their own game. Also I think every American kid should be required to play a sport in school--"I'm genetically fat" doesn't cut it IMO. Just look at Jared.

Hagbard Celine said:
To revitalize America we start by dispensing with income tax and instead put a consumption tax on goods and services to tax the illegal immigrants siphoning money out of our economy down to Mexico. They're a cancer on our economy despite the fact that they provide cheap labor and good tex-mex. Repubs and Dems both need to stop coddling them. Next, we stop outsourcing jobs to India, Indonesia, China and others so that decent Americans will be able to find good work. After that we start a nation-wide campaign to rejuvenate apathetic Americans who know more about the Simpsons than they do about world affairs and their own government and regain the positive, cock-eyed optimism Americans were known for before materialism started to take over the culture in the 70s and 80s. We need to decrease federal power and bring government back to the towns and cities--back to the people. After that, we pump resources into the education plan Bush spoke about during his last state of the union address to increase American kids' interest and ability to learn valuable subjects like science and math so that we can beat the Asians and the Indians at their own game. Also I think every American kid should be required to play a sport in school--"I'm genetically fat" doesn't cut it IMO. Just look at Jared.

Your hearts in the right place. We do need some imbalances corrected in world trade. Americans are gouged by all manufacturers, to subsidize the third world, hence our cost of living is higher, so wages must pay more. That is sending jobs overseas.

We need school choice and to kill the teacher's union.

Jared! LOL.

Forum List

Back