P&G policy leads to support for homosexual marriage

Trinity

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2004
I received this in my inbox today.....guess I'll have to look for another brand of laundry detergent. :bang3:

CREST, TIDE MAKER GIVES MONEY, CLOUT TO REPEAL LAW FORBIDDING SPECIAL RIGHTS FOR HOMOSEXUALS
P&G policy leads to support for homosexual marriage

Procter & Gamble, makers of Crest toothpaste and Tide detergent, has publicly thrown their support and money behind the homosexual political agenda.

P&G recently wrote to their Cincinnati employees urging them to support the repeal of a city law that forbids giving special rights to homosexuals. In 1993, the citizens in Cincinnati adopted the law by a vote of 62% to 38%. P&G is now working to get that law repealed and has given $10,000 toward that goal.

To our knowledge, Procter & Gamble is the first company to support the political agenda of the homosexual movement.

While not explicitly saying so in their public announcement supporting the repeal, P&G clearly showed their support for homosexual marriage. P&G said they "will not tolerate discrimination [against homosexuals] in any form, against anyone, for any reason." To keep homosexuals from being legally married is discrimination for good reason, which P&G says they will not tolerate. Taking them at their word, P&G supports homosexual marriage.

Take Action
American Family Association is asking pro-family groups and individuals to:

(1) Boycott two products of P&G—Crest toothpaste and Tide detergent. (Make sure your replacement is not a P&G product.)

(2) Call Chrm. A.G. Lafley at 513-983-1100 and politely let him know that you are participating in the boycott and will ask others to do the same.

(3) Please Click Here to register your support for the boycott. We will send a regular update to P&G on the number participating.

(4) Please forward this email to your friends and family.

(5) Click here to print out and distribute the boycott Crest and Tide petition.
Sincerely,

Don

Donald E. Wildmon, Founder and Chairman
American Family Association

P.S. Click here for a complete list of P&G products.

I found it thanks...

Here's the company stand...
I don't have a problem with it.

A statement from Procter & Gamble
P&G Supports Repeal of Article 12 in Cincinnati Dick Antoine, Global Human Resources Officer
Charlotte Otto, Global External Relations Officer
23 August 2004
Recently, a petition was submitted to the City of
Cincinnati to place an issue on the November
ballot to repeal Article 12 of the city charter. Article
12 was passed in 1993. It effectively excludes
gays & lesbians from seeking protection from
discrimination based on their sexual orientation. A
number of people inside and outside the company
have asked about P&G?s position on this repeal so
we wanted to share our thinking.
P&G joins a number of other major businesses,
the Greater Cincinnati Chamber of Commerce,
civic, religious and community leaders in
supporting repeal. We support repeal for the
following reasons:
1. Respect for all individuals is a key P&G
value. The company believes that all
people deserve protection from
discrimination. We value differences and
will not tolerate discrimination in any
form, against anyone, for any reason
(emphasis added). In supporting repeal,
P&G is not promoting any particular
lifestyle; instead, we are supporting values
of respect and tolerance.
2. Article 12 is outdated and divisive - an
artifact of Cincinnati?s past. It prevents
Cincinnati from developing a reputation as
an open and welcoming community.
3. Article 12 negatively impacts the city
and region?s image and therefore limits P&G?s ability to attract and retain the best talent
to help build our business.
4. Article 12 is the only law of its kind in the United States that allows discrimination
against a specific group of people, a distinction that makes the city of Cincinnati out of
step with doing what?s right.
Only those who live in the city of Cincinnati will vote on this repeal. P&G has provided support for
the campaign. A number of P&Gers have decided to get involved in the campaign.
We expect the discussion about the repeal of Article 12 to be lively and impassioned. Some will
portray repeal as providing ?special rights.? While we respect other views, we don?t see it that
way. We see repeal as a step to eliminate the potential for discrimination.
P&G has a rich history of taking action to do what?s right. We hope this provides background on
P&G?s position and involvement in the repeal campaign.

I think P&G's position is reasonable, intelligent, and fair. Of course the homophobic far right won't stand for anyone so much as mentioning allowing businesses to make their own decisions about whether to offer benefits to same-sex couples.

acludem

seems to me, the only thing that P&G is advocating is eliminating discrimination because of orientation. I saw nothing that is espousing homosexuality or lesbianism.

Can someone tell me why only Crest & Tide are being boycotted? P & G makes MANY products like Duncan Hines cake mixes, Pantene, Cover Girl, Ivory, Zest, Dawn, Charmin, I could go on. Why not these, too?

Joz said:
Can someone tell me why only Crest & Tide are being boycotted? P & G makes MANY products like Duncan Hines cake mixes, Pantene, Cover Girl, Ivory, Zest, Dawn, Charmin, I could go on. Why not these, too?
Joz..Most likley, Crest & Tide are the companies two most successful products in terms of gross sales/profit.

Personally, I just can't get too riled up about what adults choose to do, as long as they keep it private. With that said, I think a corporation has the right to offer their benefits to employees in any fashion they see fit. Shouldn't be public, wonder how this 'came out', pun not really intended..

Cincinnati's Homosexual Activists Won't Win, Pro-family Leader Says

by Chad Groening
February 11, 2004

(AgapePress) - Radical homosexual groups in Cincinnati, Ohio, say they have enough petition signatures to get an issue put on the November ballot that would repeal the city's ban on special rights for homosexuals. However, a pro-family activist says the majority of the city's residents want to keep the ban in place.

In 1993 the people of Cincinnati overwhelmingly voted to enact into the city's charter Article 12, a resolution prohibiting the conferral of minority or protected status, quota preference, or other preferential treatment based on sexual orientation.

Phil Burris is president of Citizens for Community Values and a strong proponent of the principle of "Equal Rights, Not Special Rights." His group helped get Article 12 before the voters in 1993.

Burris says the reason Cincinnati residents voted overwhelmingly to enact the article is because the city council had passed a 1992 "Gay Rights Ordinance." The equal rights advocate contends that the council was untrustworthy back then and still cannot be relied upon to abide by to the will of the majority of its constituency.

"The reason we put [Article 12] in the city charter rather than repeal the law back in 1992 is because we didn't trust city council then, and we don't trust them today," Burris says. According to him, council members have been lobbied and wooed by homosexual activist groups, many of which have made financial contributions and otherwise supported local politicians' campaigns in order to get them onto the city council.

But Burris says Article 12 was enacted for the express purpose of preventing city council members from caving in to the demands of radical homosexual activist groups, as many feel the council did in approving the pro-homosexual ordinance in 1992. He points out that several polls show that the majority of the people of Cincinnati still support the rule prohibiting preferential treatment for homosexuals.

As for the disputed percentage of the citizenry that various surveys indicate would support the repeal of the ban, Burris says, "It's the same group of people, 32 to 34 percent; they're just better organized, but we will beat them at the polls."

Since the homosexual activists have apparently managed to gather enough signatures to get the repeal on the ballot, Burris says his group is readying itself to campaign hard against the measure.

http://news.christiansunite.com/Religion_News/religion00466.shtml

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Mr. P said:
Joz..Most likley, Crest & Tide are the companies two most successful products in terms of gross sales/profit.

So, it's okay to be against something, but only a little bit.
P & G make a lot of products, makes ALOT of money, employs alot of people, I'm sure makes quite of bit of revenue for the City, so we don't want to hurt them too badly.
Either you support their actions or you don't.

khafley said:
I don't have a problem with equal rights, It's special rights I have a problem with.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the company supporting removing a law that DENIES equal rights (which you don't have a problem)?

Joz said:
So, it's okay to be against something, but only a little bit.
P & G make a lot of products, makes ALOT of money, employs alot of people, I'm sure makes quite of bit of revenue for the City, so we don't want to hurt them too badly.
Either you support their actions or you don't.

Joz..I don't understand your post...I was answering your question,
not supporting a boycott.

Mr. P said:
Joz..I don't understand your post...I was answering your question,
not supporting a boycott.

I understand what you said, and meant nothing by my response.

I was referring to the people that are boycotting. Why just the two best sellers of all the products P & G makes? Either you're for them or against them; agree or disagree. That's all I meant.

Joz said:
I understand what you said, and meant nothing by my response.

I was referring to the people that are boycotting. Why just the two best sellers of all the products P & G makes? Either you're for them or against them; agree or disagree. That's all I meant.

Well, I guess it's like the left-wing tree huggers that scream
about logging trees....They still use toilet paper don't they?

nakedemperor said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the company supporting removing a law that DENIES equal rights (which you don't have a problem)?

OK... I'll correct you since you're wrong. It's a city referendum that restricts "SPECIAL" rights for queers. NOT "equal", they already have those, "SPECIAL", and I applaud the majority for their efforts.

DKSuddeth said:
the problem is, with this group, is they feel it is a 'virtue' to discriminate based on values. They are looking to make it legal to deny things to people based on sexual preference.

NO... they're making it "illegal" for the queers to get "SPECIAL" rights.

Forum List

Back