P**** Description Would Get You on Arizona Presidential Ballot - Birfer Bill

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Well, President Obama was born in Hawaii, and his mother was a US Citizen. Looks to me that he is covered by this part of the Constitution.

And you are dead wrong about both parents having to be legal citizens.

Of course I'm right. I make it a point to be :tongue:

Seriously though, the President was born in Hawaii. He's a natural born citizen. Anyone who thought this bill would make him ineligible is in their own little world. Moreover, it's still a reasonable requirement to have candidates prove their eligibility for the office they are running for.

Funny thing is, Obama would pass these requirements.

Not more than 5 years? A bill without a point.

You and Avatar may be right. Why wouldn't a COLB be "other documentary evidence created shortly after birth?" Wouldn't it be enough for the state of Hawaii to just fire off the short-form it has already given out to the state of Arizona, which the birfers say isn't good enough?

I don't believe this was in the original version of the bill.

Exactly.

Also hospital records and affidavits as well.

Sorry. I was wrong. I posted the wrong thing.

World Watcher pointed out to me that I was referencing the wrong link to a federal law. Here is what the bill says.

1. A certified copy of the presidential candidate's long form birth certificate that includes at least the date and place of birth, the names of the hospital and the attending physician, if applicable, and signatures of any witnesses in attendance. If the candidate does not possess a long form birth certificate as required by this paragraph, the candidate may attach two or more of the following documents that shall take the place of the long form birth certificate if the candidate swears to their authenticity and validity and the documents contain enough information for the secretary of state to determine if the candidate meets the requirements prescribed in article II, section 1, constitution of the United States:

(a) Early baptismal or circumcision certificate.

(b) Hospital birth record.

(c) Postpartum medical record for the mother or child signed by the doctor or midwife or the person who delivered or examined the child after birth.

(d) Early census record.

Format Document

Note it doesn't say "other documentary evidence created shortly after birth," as I had put originally. My mistake. Sorry.

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Well, President Obama was born in Hawaii, and his mother was a US Citizen. Looks to me that he is covered by this part of the Constitution.

And you are dead wrong about both parents having to be legal citizens.

Its okay Old rocks, you're arguing with racist retards. You're not suppose to win the argument.

So why does Arizona hate women?

Where on earth did you come up with the stupid conclusion that Arizona hates women?

Women can't get circumsions, so its discrimatory and offensive to any women who wants to run for president.

Yes they can, though no sane woman would want one.

However, women can provide all the other paperwork mentioned. How exactly is it discriminatoty or offensive to women? They aren't going to be kept off a ballot if they don't have a circumcision, nor would any uncircumcized male.

EDITED - I had posted the wrong link. Here is the bill.

1. A certified copy of the presidential candidate's long form birth certificate that includes at least the date and place of birth, the names of the hospital and the attending physician, if applicable, and signatures of any witnesses in attendance. If the candidate does not possess a long form birth certificate as required by this paragraph, the candidate may attach two or more of the following documents that shall take the place of the long form birth certificate if the candidate swears to their authenticity and validity and the documents contain enough information for the secretary of state to determine if the candidate meets the requirements prescribed in article II, section 1, constitution of the United States:

(a) Early baptismal or circumcision certificate.

(b) Hospital birth record.

(c) Postpartum medical record for the mother or child signed by the doctor or midwife or the person who delivered or examined the child after birth.

(d) Early census record.
Format Document

Note it doesn't say "other documentary evidence created shortly after birth," as I had put originally. My mistake. Sorry.

Thanks to World Watcher.
:confused: So a hospital birth record is okay even though that is what the birfers are claiming Obama's BC really is??

None of those documents would get you a passport.

Forum List

Back