P**** Description Would Get You on Arizona Presidential Ballot - Birfer Bill

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
According to the Arizona nutters, a short-form birth certificate doesn't work but a certificate of circumcision is OK.

They don't call Arizona the "meth lab of Democracy" for nothing -- where else could a lack of foreskin prove citizenship?

The Arizona Senate formally passed the "Birther Bill" today, but not in its original version.

Apparently, requiring presidential candidates to provide a long-form birth certificate before allowing their names on the ballot in Arizona -- despite it already being a federal requirement to run for president -- was a bit too much for a few GOP lawmakers. So they made some amendments: if you can't find your birth certificate, and you have a penis, a document describing your lack of foreskin will suffice.

A circumcision certificate -- a document given to the parents of a male Jewish child after his foreskin is snipped off during a circumcision ceremony -- is not a legal document ... but if you have one, under the amended bill, it's apparently enough to prove you're a U.S. citizen and your name can be permitted on the ballot in Arizona. ...

the most comical aspect of the amended bill is that it seems to have been designed to make the legislation look less nuts -- many GOP lawmakers wouldn't sign on unless the far-right-wingers would lighten up about what types of documents would satisfy proof of citizenship requirements.

What they ended up with is a bill that requires a presidential candidate -- if all else fails -- to basically provide documentation describing what his penis looks like in order to get on the ballot in Arizona.

Arizona's Senate-Approved Birther Bill Could Force Presidential Candidates to Provide Documentation Describing What Their Penis Looks Like to Get on Ballot - Phoenix News - Valley Fever

:lol:

Outstanding, birfers.

:thup:

EDITED - I had posted the wrong link. Here is the bill.

1. A certified copy of the presidential candidate's long form birth certificate that includes at least the date and place of birth, the names of the hospital and the attending physician, if applicable, and signatures of any witnesses in attendance. If the candidate does not possess a long form birth certificate as required by this paragraph, the candidate may attach two or more of the following documents that shall take the place of the long form birth certificate if the candidate swears to their authenticity and validity and the documents contain enough information for the secretary of state to determine if the candidate meets the requirements prescribed in article II, section 1, constitution of the United States:

(a) Early baptismal or circumcision certificate.

(b) Hospital birth record.

(c) Postpartum medical record for the mother or child signed by the doctor or midwife or the person who delivered or examined the child after birth.

(d) Early census record.

http://www.azleg.gov//FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/legtext/50leg/1r/bills/hb2177s.htm&Session_ID=102

Note it doesn't say "other documentary evidence created shortly after birth," as I had put originally. My mistake. Sorry.

Thanks to World Watcher.

Last edited:
And that's supposed to make them look less nutty? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Oh, man, this is good stuff. This is going to be a great election season.

According to the Arizona nutters, a short-form birth certificate doesn't work but a certificate of circumcision is OK.

other documentary evidence created shortly after birth but generally not more than 5 years after birth, and/or affidavits of persons having personal knowledge of the facts of the birth.

You honestly think that a short form BC wouldnt work here?

>

Toro,

Your link and the text in the OP are from the CFR not the Arizona bill.

The bill can be reviewed here -->> Format Document

>>>>
That link says the bill STARTS on the next page!!!!!!!!

Format Document

Senate Engrossed
· Requires candidates for office to include in an affidavit to either the Secretary of State (SOS) or the appropriate local government, references to and attachment of all necessary documentation that show they are qualified at the time of the election to hold the office sought.
Presidential Candidates
· Directs the national political party committee to provide the SOS written notice of a party’s nomination of its candidates for President and Vice-President.
· Requires the national political party committee to submit an affidavit of the presidential candidate stating their citizenship and age with attached documents that prove the candidate meets the Constitutional requirements for office.
· States that the affidavit must contain the following:
Ø Certified copy of the presidential candidate’s long form birth certificate including at least:
· Date and place of birth.
· Name of the hospital and attending physician, if applicable.
· Signatures of any witnesses in attendance.
Ø Sworn statement that identifies the candidate’s places of residence in the United States for fourteen years.
· Allows a presidential candidate to attach two or more of the following documents, if they do not have a long form birth certificate, if the candidate swears to the validity and authenticity of the documents, and if the documents contain enough information for the SOS to determine if the candidate meets the Constitutional requirements for office:
Ø An early baptismal or circumcision certificate.
Ø A hospital birth record.
Ø A postpartum medical record for the mother or child that is signed by the doctor, midwife or person who delivered or examined the child after birth.
Ø An early census record.
· States that a presidential candidate may additionally submit a notarized affidavit from two or more persons who witnessed the candidate’s birth.

Here is the bill.

Subpart C—Evidence of U.S. Citizenship or Nationality

(a) Primary evidence of birth in the United States. A person born in the United States generally must submit a birth certificate. The birth certificate must show the full name of the applicant, the applicant's place and date of birth, the full name of the parent(s), and must be signed by the official custodian of birth records, bear the seal of the issuing office, and show a filing date within one year of the date of birth.

(b) Secondary evidence of birth in the United States. If the applicant cannot submit a birth certificate that meets the requirement of paragraph (a) of this section, he or she must submit secondary evidence sufficient to establish to the satisfaction of the Department that he or she was born in the United States. Secondary evidence includes but is not limited to hospital birth certificates, baptismal certificates, medical and school records, certificates of circumcision, other documentary evidence created shortly after birth but generally not more than 5 years after birth, and/or affidavits of persons having personal knowledge of the facts of the birth.

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations:
:rolleyes: showing when you were circumcised is not showing your penis dickhead. It's showing your medical records.
(a) Early baptismal or circumcision certificate.
(b) Hospital birth record.

(c) Postpartum medical record for the mother or child signed by the doctor or midwife or the person who delivered or examined the child after birth.

(d) Early census record.

Funny thing is, Obama would pass these requirements.

Not more than 5 years? A bill without a point.

You and Avatar may be right. Why wouldn't a COLB be "other documentary evidence created shortly after birth?" Wouldn't it be enough for the state of Hawaii to just fire off the short-form it has already given out to the state of Arizona, which the birfers say isn't good enough?

I don't believe this was in the original version of the bill.

Of course I'm right. I make it a point to be :tongue:

Seriously though, the President was born in Hawaii. He's a natural born citizen. Anyone who thought this bill would make him ineligible is in their own little world. Moreover, it's still a reasonable requirement to have candidates prove their eligibility for the office they are running for.

Funny thing is, Obama would pass these requirements.

Not more than 5 years? A bill without a point.

You and Avatar may be right. Why wouldn't a COLB be "other documentary evidence created shortly after birth?" Wouldn't it be enough for the state of Hawaii to just fire off the short-form it has already given out to the state of Arizona, which the birfers say isn't good enough?

I don't believe this was in the original version of the bill.

Exactly.

Also hospital records and affidavits as well.

Of course I'm right. I make it a point to be :tongue:

Seriously though, the President was born in Hawaii. He's a natural born citizen. Anyone who thought this bill would make him ineligible is in their own little world. Moreover, it's still a reasonable requirement to have candidates prove their eligibility for the office they are running for.

Where is the proof he was born in Hawaii? I've been following this issue from the very beginning and I haven't seen any to date, especially the "natural born citizen" stuff, seeing as his father was a subject of Britain, and to be a "natural born citizen," both your parents have to be legal American citizens. I think you've gotten "natural born" and "native born" confused, as do a great many of people that haven't looked deep enough into this issue.

I mean really, where do you people get off making these claims without one single stitch of evidence?

The people wanting some verifiable proof of where obama was born or to have hearings on his birth nationality are the sane ones. You people defending obama without a damn leg to stand on are the freakin' weirdo's.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back