Oyster farm evicted in California

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
While the lease was set to expire, the owner thought he could get an extension. Unfortunately, the environmentalists and the Park Service thought otherwise, and the Secratary of the Interior agreed with the bugs and bunnies people

Federal decision shocks oyster farm's owner - News-Sentinel.com

So a sustainable aquiculture business gets the boot due to seal anxiety and concern over natural plants. Meanwhile oysters are filter feeders, and probably contributed to the bay's water quality.

But hell, jobs are less important, and sustainable agriculture is less important than some washington twits concern over seal angst.

Ever so slowly herd everyone into the Big Cities where they're more easily controlled and taxed.

That's part of Agenda 21.

I believe a bit of further research would indicate that the real issue is the oysters themselves...a non native species.

I believe a bit of further research would indicate that the real issue is the oysters themselves...a non native species.

The oysters used, if in an area they are not native, are bred to be sterile, thus removing thier ability to overbreed (or breed at all).

One also loses the filtering effect the oysters have on the waters.

Triploid Oysters «

This puts 30 more people on the welfare rolls. It is a democrat success just like forcing the central valley farms out of business to have the land return to its natural state.

While the lease was set to expire, the owner thought he could get an extension. Unfortunately, the environmentalists and the Park Service thought otherwise, and the Secratary of the Interior agreed with the bugs and bunnies people

So a sustainable aquiculture business gets the boot due to seal anxiety and concern over natural plants. Meanwhile oysters are filter feeders, and probably contributed to the bay's water quality.

But hell, jobs are less important, and sustainable agriculture is less important than some washington twits concern over seal angst.

From the article:
Lunny bought the oyster company in 2004, knowing the lease expired in 2012.
Boo fucking hoo. Now he wants the government to subsidize him and give him special status like an entitlement junkie. Delicious!

From the article:
Lunny bought the oyster company in 2004, knowing the lease expired in 2012.
Boo fucking hoo. Now he wants the government to subsidize him and give him special status like an entitlement junkie. Delicious!

Yes, and leases are renewed all the time. And how is the government subsidizing him? Its letting him use tidal land, yes, but they surely get a cut of his profits.

The company is actually doing work, and employing people. how is that an entitlement?

I guess whatever the minions of your Lord and Savior Obama decree is always fair and golden.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., and the National Academy of Sciences claimed park officials were trying to get rid of the oyster farm by exaggerating its negative impacts on the environment.

Seems to me that the oyster farmer may have a case. However, it is the Parks peragotive to not renew the lease. Should they be convinced to restore it by the combination of Feinstien and the NAS, it would be a good thing. Of course, I am not a neutral party here. I love deep fried oysters!

Well we are learning thanks to Democrat's who thankfully for all our sake are just so much smarter then the rest of us that food stamps unemployment insurance benefits
stimulate the economy so much better.

Look at all that farmland in California that the environmentalists turned into a virtual wasteland destroying such valuable farmland to save a minnow from extinction.
Farmers who had land passed down from generation to generation were forced to go to a food bank just to survive because the government turned off the water to their farmland.

Ah...gotta love the Big Government of the Democrat party...

The Libs love this shit...makes them sleep so well at night...

Last edited:

The oysters used, if in an area they are not native, are bred to be sterile, thus removing thier ability to overbreed (or breed at all).

Triploid Oysters «

In other words: genetically engineered? I thought Righties hated genetically engineered foodstuffs :eusa_eh:

Triploid Oysters «

In other words: genetically engineered? I thought Righties hated genetically engineered foodstuffs :eusa_eh:

No, good old fashioned breeding. And as a "rightie" I have no issue with genetic manipulation anyway. Its amazing when lefites claim issues with SCIENCE and then run like cowards when it comes to genetic engineering.

They are not a problem....... They are not native & cannot reproduce successfully in the bay... If I recall they are native to Japan........

I have kayaked there several times-the bay is huge, the racks are not in their way of seals.......

Forum List

Back