Oxford students call for professor’s removal over alleged homophobia

"homosexuality is “never a valid, humanly acceptable choice and form of life”

None of us would agree with that nonsense.

Look around. You'll be surprised.

Why is this geezer, closing in on 80, still teaching anyway?

Everybody understands he wrote the article in 1994. Pay close attention to the words "destructive" and "hostile". It should have been unacceptable then. But he chose, in 2011, to republish this horse manure, indicating he learned not a thing during the intervening years.

He should have been gone, like, yesterday.

Sign the Petition

Excerpts from John Finnis’ public statements and published work as examples of his discrimination

Just done a bit of digging. The guy is a poisonous loon. Maybe give him a job at some imbecile religious college but he should not be teaching law. Although I do value his thoughts on masturbation .

Are there any Muslims teaching law in the UK, Tommy? When will you share your thoughts on them, I have to wonder.
I have no idea Sue. But if there are and they hold these type of views then they should be booted out like this crackpot. Dont you agree ?

Everybody understands he wrote the article in 1994. Pay close attention to the words "destructive" and "hostile". It should have been unacceptable then. But he chose, in 2011, to republish this horse manure, indicating he learned not a thing during the intervening years.

Sign the Petition

Excerpts from John Finnis’ public statements and published work as examples of his discrimination

Just done a bit of digging. The guy is a poisonous loon. Maybe give him a job at some imbecile religious college but he should not be teaching law. Although I do value his thoughts on masturbation .

Are there any Muslims teaching law in the UK, Tommy? When will you share your thoughts on them, I have to wonder.
I have no idea Sue. But if there are and they hold these type of views then they should be booted out like this crackpot. Dont you agree ?

Where did you start a thread on any one of them, Tommy? Point the way. Or would you have cried and whined about them losing their jobs over their "diverse" viewpoints?

Sign the Petition

Where did you start a thread on any one of them, Tommy? Point the way. Or would you have cried and whined about them losing their jobs over their "diverse" viewpoints?
I have given you my answer you loon. Why not discuss the topic and stop stalking me.

Sign the Petition

I have given you my answer you loon. Why not discuss the topic and stop stalking me.

The topic is, you're all het up about some gentle Catholic professor who wrote a paper about gays in the mid-90s and you want his job taken away because, horrors, some snowflakes don't feel "comfortable". Meanwhile, do you have ANY IDEA what the Muslims in your ranks think and feel about gays, Tommy? Do you care?

NO, you're a coward, we know this. YOU know if you go after the gentle Catholic, he won't do a thing. You don't dare go after the religion that bites back, you coward. The religion that stones gays and throws them off roofs.

Sign the Petition

The topic is, you're all het up about some gentle Catholic professor who wrote a paper about gays in the mid-90s and you want his job taken away because, horrors, some snowflakes don't feel "comfortable". Meanwhile, do you have ANY IDEA what the Muslims in your ranks think and feel about gays, Tommy? Do you care?

NO, you're a coward, we know this. YOU know if you go after the gentle Catholic, he won't do a thing. You don't dare go after the religion that bites back, you coward. The religion that stones gays and throws them off roofs.
When did you invent the phrase "gentle catholic".?

His published views are anything but gentle and he needs removing.

Now if you have any other lecturers that you think need removing please put their names up and we can discuss them.

And again I would ask you to stop stalking me with your nutty ideas and personal abuse.

Oxford students call for professor’s removal over alleged homophobia

Students at Oxford University are demanding that a Catholic law professor be sacked for alleged homophobia.

At least 350 students have signed a petition calling for John Finnis to be removed from teaching, citing a “a long record of extremely discriminatory views against many groups of disadvantaged people” including the LGBT+ community.

Finnis, 78, who is emeritus professor of law and legal philosophy at University College, has rejected the students’ claims, saying there was “not a ‘phobic’ sentence” in all his writings.

His Collected Essays, published in 2011, include an assertion from a paper published in 1994 that homosexuality is “never a valid, humanly acceptable choice and form of life”. It is “destructive of human character and relationships”, he wrote, because “it treats human sexual capacities in a way which is deeply hostile to the self-understanding of those members who are willing to commit themselves to real marriage”.

Not sure there is enough in the passage quoted. But if I was a gay student I would not feel comfortable being taught by this character, and paying for the pleasure.

Sounds like Islamists need to be banned from everything as well, with their well documented views on homosexuality.

Now if you have any other lecturers that you think need removing please put their names up and we can discuss them.

And again I would ask you to stop stalking me with your nutty ideas and personal abuse.

Go to my new thread, Tommy. See the stats for yourself. Or are you too scared?

His published views express nothing but plain common sense and common decency. That you would destroy his livelihood for holding such views only demonstrates what a twisted and evil subhuman piece of shit you are. It seems that you want a world in which only those who embrace evil and madness are allowed to make a living.

His published views express nothing but plain common sense and common decency. That you would destroy his livelihood for holding such views only demonstrates what a twisted and evil subhuman piece of shit you are. It seems that you want a world in which only those who embrace evil and madness are allowed to make a living.
There is nothing decent about his views. Not surprised that a sick fuck like yourself is ok with it. What is it with you cultists ? When did you lose your decency ?

There is nothing decent about his views. Not surprised that a sick fuck like yourself is ok with it. What is it with you cultists ? When did you lose your decency ?

You're the one who openly sides with sick sexual perverts. What room do you really think that leaves you to call anyone else a “sick f•••”, or suggest that anyone else has “lost your decency”?

You're the one who openly sides with sick sexual perverts. What room do you really think that leaves you to call anyone else a “sick f•••”, or suggest that anyone else has “lost your decency”?
There should be help for homophobic weirdos like yourself. I am wondering what turned you into what you are.

The title of the thread is revealing; the students call for dismissal while the charges are alleged. Sentence, then trial? Or, we can suppose, no trial is necessary.
Expression of opinions, even stupid ones, should not be considered a crime. Learning how to deal with opinions should be obligatory.

The title of the thread is revealing; the students call for dismissal while the charges are alleged. Sentence, then trial? Or, we can suppose, no trial is necessary.
Expression of opinions, even stupid ones, should not be considered a crime. Learning how to deal with opinions should be obligatory.
Expression of opinions, even stupid ones, should not be considered a crime.

If they were, how many liberals would be serving life sentences?

That may depend on how many the private prisons decided they needed to incarcerate to make the profit desired.

That may depend on how many the private prisons decided they needed to incarcerate to make the profit desired.

If we booted all the illegal aliens, we'd open up a lot of room in our current prisons.

There should be help for homophobic weirdos like yourself. I am wondering what turned you into what you are.

Is there help in the UK for the 52% of Muslims who want to make homosexuality ILLEGAL, Tommy??

Yes or no

Forum List

Back