Oxford Bans Christian Group Because It Might Melt the Snowflakes

Ol' genius atheist Taz
Where did I say that?
Well where did it come from, how did it begin, genius?
That science is still looking for answers doesn't mean that it's an invisible superbeing in another dimension.
Sure, that's true. But I don't see any better explanation. Everything that is created has a creator, and that creator is not inside of it's creation...always outside of it.
Then who created your creator? It never ends, that's why we have to wait for a real explanation from science with real, observable facts, and until then, it's simply speculation.
Actually, if read up on Aquinas's Quinque viæ, you might understand ways there can be one God that has no end or beginning, the Unmoved Mover...who has to have been forever, in order for the world and universe to exist today.
There's zero proof of that.

Then if god didn't create sin, He is not alone. Pretty simple really.
No. The article I posted for you to read explains it loud and clear. Once again, I suggest you go read it so we don't have to keep talking in circles.
Common sense says that either god created everything or he has help.
Depends on what you mean by 'everything'. If God is all good, then he did not create evil. You could say God giving his creation free will created the conditions that lead to it...but it is not God directly creating evil.
God created evil so that man could have it in his life. Otherwise, He wouldn't have created it.
God did not create evil. He is only capable of good.
Then He's not alone. Cool. :cool:

Ol' genius atheist Taz
Where did I say that?
That science is still looking for answers doesn't mean that it's an invisible superbeing in another dimension.
Sure, that's true. But I don't see any better explanation. Everything that is created has a creator, and that creator is not inside of it's creation...always outside of it.
Then who created your creator? It never ends, that's why we have to wait for a real explanation from science with real, observable facts, and until then, it's simply speculation.

Logic, not science, is all that is needed to realize that something (or someone) had to come first that did not need someone or something else to create it and which has always existed.
That's not logical, only possible. And even if so (I'm agnostic), to think that such a being would give a shit about whether you obey a book or not is not logical in the least.

Nobody needs to leave as long as they are behaving themselves and not bothering anyone else. If anyone bothers someone else, s/he should be thrown out of the event, regardless of whether or not the offender's actions were motivated by religion. I don't know what the conditions in Britain are at this moment, but some religious groups here in the U.S. can get pretty nasty and aggressive, particularly since our government seems to mollycoddle them.
I like that one school official's idea of having a booth where incoming students can get information on worship opportunities in the area, with all religions represented.

Ol' genius atheist Taz
Actually, if read up on Aquinas's Quinque viæ, you might understand ways there can be one God that has no end or beginning, the Unmoved Mover...who has to have been forever, in order for the world and universe to exist today.
There's zero proof of that.
If you don't consider logic and reason as evidence, you're correct.

Say Comrade, were Muslims, you know those folks who throw homosexuals off of buildings, also banned?

Of course not...
That's for another thread. One wrong shouldn't open the door for another wrong.
^Scared to address the question.
I said one bad move shouldn't open the door to every other bad move.
So now you're saying the banning of the christian group is a bad move?
No, please try again.

So you admit that you are simply promoting Muslim Supremacy.

??? is that in Georgia? I thought Georgia is bible
belt country WAT HAPPENED?

Only if Georgia has moved to the UK.

===

As I said before, I have no respect for these rabidly RW fundie nutters but if we don't look at them, we can't know who the enemy is.

Note to poor little enraged cupcake Weatherman2020

Its the fundie christians who are the fascists. Just like what has happened here in the US, these people are nazi, fascists and the true enemy of the US.

Actually, if read up on Aquinas's Quinque viæ, you might understand ways there can be one God that has no end or beginning, the Unmoved Mover...who has to have been forever, in order for the world and universe to exist today.[/QUOTE]

And who exactly was Aquinas? Just another dead human being that somebody, somewhere, agreed with. This is the problem with all of these religious shenanigans and the cumulative nature of their "thought." Aquinas knew nothing more than what you and I know today. It was, and is, impossible that he knew any more than the rest of us humans.

And who exactly was Aquinas? Just another dead human being that somebody, somewhere, agreed with. This is the problem with all of these religious shenanigans and the cumulative nature of their "thought." Aquinas knew nothing more than what you and I know today. It was, and is, impossible that he knew any more than the rest of us humans.
Lmao! I can already tell it is pointless to discuss this with you. Thanks for the help, buddy.

Lmao! I can already tell it is pointless to discuss this with you. Thanks for the help, buddy.
So what did he know? What was his "in"? He lived from 1225 to 1274 C.E., so he could not have known Jesus. Why is he considered to have been some sort of genius? The RC church has these so-called "fathers," but many of them were nuts.There is no point in discussing the musings of Aquinas. He's long gone.

So what did he know? What was his "in"? He lived from 1225 to 1274 C.E., so he could not have known Jesus. Why is he considered to have been some sort of genius? The RC church has these so-called "fathers," but many of them were nuts.There is no point in discussing the musings of Aquinas. He's long gone.
He was a great thinker who will be remembered forever, while you're just an anonymous person on the internet who won't be remembered by anyone when you're gone. So why should I care about your opinion?

He was a great thinker who will be remembered forever, while you're just an anonymous person on the internet who won't be remembered by anyone when you're gone.
Why was he such a "great thinker"? Any reason? Nobody who is still alive knows anything about what, if anything, goes on "upstairs." I'm not saying that he wasn't a nice guy. I never met him.

He was a great thinker who will be remembered forever, while you're just an anonymous person on the internet who won't be remembered by anyone when you're gone.
Why was he such a "great thinker"? Any reason? Nobody who is still alive knows anything about what, if anything, goes on "upstairs." I'm not saying that he wasn't a nice guy. I never met him.
Read his works and you'll understand why he was a great thinker. Your opinion is obviously uninformed and based on some notion that people today have more to offer to philosophy and theology than the people who originated the fields....just because you are alive at the moment.

That's for another thread. One wrong shouldn't open the door for another wrong.
^Scared to address the question.
I said one bad move shouldn't open the door to every other bad move.
So now you're saying the banning of the christian group is a bad move?
No, please try again.

So you admit that you are simply promoting Muslim Supremacy.
Osama bin Laden is my hero. :biggrin:

Read his works and you'll understand why he was a great thinker. Your opinion is obviously uninformed and based on some notion that people today have more to offer to philosophy and theology than the people who originated the fields....just because you are alive at the moment.

I have in the past trudged through some of his works, along with Descartes. It's still all opinion.

I have in the past trudged through some of his works, along with Descartes. It's still all opinion.
It's logic and reason, not just opinion.

Also, just click the reply button and you'll be able to reply without copy pasting posts.

Forum List

Back