OWS'ers: Work is available; You are missing out.

Wall Street ran a $516 trillion dollar derivatives Ponzi scheme that destroyed the world economy, and NO ONE WENT TO JAIL FOR IT.

OWS is doing a great job of drawing attention to this fact.

It could be because no one broke the law you moron!

OWS is a bunch of idiots, of which I'm sure you relate to very well, they are protesting the wrong bunch of people. they should be protesting OBAMA and his minions!!!

And thats the problem. Were getting the government were paying for.

You voted him in, did you not?

Ah so..you think it's a good idea for newly minted professionals (With huge debt) take minimum wage jobs?

Like a doctor becoming a butcher?

Good stuff. The race to the bottom continues!

If their so called dream job is not being provided by the market currently, I expect them to take any job they can get and more than one if they need to after all that is what adults do.

Those dream jobs are getting shipped overseas thanks to tax cuts and lax regulations.

You mean thanks to Barry and his best buddy over at G.E. You did mean that, didn't you?

Good pay: Just above minimum wage.
Flexible hours: Easily done cause none is full time
401k: Comes out of employee paycheck that already is not big enough to live on

Its still work, the old "foot in the door". Also, you dont know if target does matching or not on the 401k.

As I recall, they matched if you left your money in Target stock. It may be different now.

Does anybody else wonder why Bucs90 is so hateful of people whom he has never met, never will meet, who never did a thing to him etc...? Wow.

That means he likes you. :lol:

No actually it doesn't.

You're assuming that the only jobs that are available are ones that requires specialized education or experience. And it's not true. Target I'm sure would hire anyone with a high school diploma or equivelent as would Subway, Wal-mart etc....

It does however illustrate how there can be more unemployed than jobs open, AND at the same time jobs that are open. That IS part of the reason. Another part is jobs being offered that don't pay enough, or require relocation, or otherwise are unacceptable to people who aren't desperate enough. But if you could turn the dial on every unemployed person's "desperation meter" so that all unemployed persons would take ANY job, no matter how crappy it was, there would STILL be unemployed people, because there are more unemployed people than there are jobs open.

No actually it doesn't.

You're assuming that the only jobs that are available are ones that requires specialized education or experience. And it's not true. Target I'm sure would hire anyone with a high school diploma or equivelent as would Subway, Wal-mart etc....

It does however illustrate how there can be more unemployed than jobs open, AND at the same time jobs that are open. That IS part of the reason. Another part is jobs being offered that don't pay enough, or require relocation, or otherwise are unacceptable to people who aren't desperate enough. But if you could turn the dial on every unemployed person's "desperation meter" so that all unemployed persons would take ANY job, no matter how crappy it was, there would STILL be unemployed people, because there are more unemployed people than there are jobs open.

Don't pay enough? What is enough?

Instead of taking a job that pays something and adjusting their lifestyle accordingly, they would rather sit home and earn nothing. Sorry but that makes no sense to me.

The people will never get "desperate enough" as long as they have momma govt. to take care of them.

No actually it doesn't.

Instead of taking a job that pays something and adjusting their lifestyle accordingly, they would rather sit home and earn nothing. Sorry but that makes no sense to me.

The people will never get "desperate enough" as long as they have momma govt. to take care of them.

QFT! Get off of your lazy fat asses and go get a job.. if you're not making enough supplement your income by delivering pizzas, whatever it takes. Some of you LOSERS on society have ZERO common sense.

Enough for the person to be desperate enough to take the job, of course.

Well, as long as no jobs are available that pay enough more than their unemployment or other benefits to be worth putting the time in, that's so.

But it's irrelevant. I observed that there are more unemployed people than there are jobs open, and so for all unemployed people to get a job is IMPOSSIBLE. I was asked how there could be more unemployed than jobs, when there are still jobs that can't be filled. I answered the question.

Regardless of how you personally feel about people's decisions not to take a crappy job, it remains a FACT that there are more unemployed people than there are jobs open, and so it remains IMPOSSIBLE for all unemployed people to find jobs in this economy.

QFT! Get off of your lazy fat asses and go get a job.. if you're not making enough supplement your income by delivering pizzas, whatever it takes. Some of you LOSERS on society have ZERO common sense.

I don't think I've read anything that sums up what's happening more than that post right there. It doesn't pay enough, or I might have to move, or I'm just not desperate enough thanks to the work of others.:clap2:

Ah so..you think it's a good idea for newly minted professionals (With huge debt) take minimum wage jobs?

Like a doctor becoming a butcher?

Good stuff. The race to the bottom continues!

A "professional"? Graduating college is NOT a "newly minted professional". You just summed up the problem. You, and college liberal loons, think that piece of paper elevates them so far above the rest. It doesn't

And those jobs aren't minimum wage.

Dominoes earns up to $20/hour.
Target security avg salary is 40-50K, start at 30.
Boeing workers earn 40-50K+

Their "huge debt" isn't our problem. They weren't forced to take those loans out. They made a BAD investment to pay 60K for a piece of paper that says they are "minted" in Diversity Studies or Puppetry.

Target Job Application Sign In

1300+ jobs, and thats just with one global CORPORATION. Good pay. Flexible hours. 401(k). Benefits.

Yep. Target has listed on their Job Application site 1,346 jobs. It's not a glamorous career. You'll be helping an evil corporation earn evil, wicked profits. But you'll get paid a decent wage. Get benefits and 401(k) (aka, investments). Sure, you'll start at entry level, but can work you way up. Like EVERYONE else in the good positions had to do.

Most will mock this thread. Many will give excuses about why they would never do it. Others will blame Wall Street, Target, George Bush, or anyone BUT themselves.

Good pay: Just above minimum wage.
Flexible hours: Easily done cause none is full time
401k: Comes out of employee paycheck that already is not big enough to live on

Then get TWO jobs LAZY AZZ.. like my father did and his father before him. WTF is wrong with you????

TWO :eek: JOBS???

BUT....that doesn't leave any time for:

- Xbox online play
- New Iphone toys
- Going to old frat parties at old college
- Drinking coffee at starbucks talking about how great Obama is
- Protesting stuff
- Blogging online about the evils of Big Oil
- Watching MSNBC for real truth
- Watching Inconvenient Truth, again, with new granola eating girlfriend
- Going downtown to parks to "find myself"

Two jobs? Who can have a real life anyway:cuckoo:

BMW Hiring 600 More Workers - Greenville News Story - WYFF Greenville

BMW is hiring!!! OWS'ers, ready to apply? Here are BMW's pros/cons:

Pros:

It's in a wonderful place, Greenville, SC, rated one of America's "hippest" new cities! Very liberal too!
Its a job! It pays a good wage! Benefits! Retirement!
It's non-union! You have a right to actually work!!! And you will get that chance!

Cons:

Well, in my view, none, your ass will be working. You'll work hard for 8 hours a day building cars for an "EEEEEEVIL" corporation, but you'll get paid!

Bet none would want that job either. We currently cant find any jobs for people to analyze left wing magazine articles, to paint pictures of their feelings, or to create ipod playlists for college coffee houses. Sorry. I know those jobs are worth 100K a year, but we can't find you a cool, stimulating job like that.

Forum List

Back