OWS & Wall Street Are On Same Team. They Both Share The Entitlement Mentality...

Entitlement. Such a great word. In principle, the statement is correct as both are actively 'seeking' something. But I think you then consider the degree of entitlement. On one hand I am entitled to a comfy job, a country club membership, a company car, and a vacation home in some international hot spot, rock solid retirement, on and on and on. The other entitlement is more along the lines of, my retirement money is gone, I can't pay my mortgage/rent, and I don't want to leave a burden on my family when I pass. Now which of those two has the real entitlement issue. People like to pose these questions and exploit a technicality, but when you look deeper its really just absurd.

Both are asking for SOMEONE BESIDES THEMSELVES to provide it for them.

The govt's only role is to create an atmosphere that PROMOTES the general welfare (the ability to pay bills, have a retirement, leave a little money for the kids) not to PROVIDE that welfare for people or companies.

I don't disagree, as I stated previously. My point was to take a look at the SENSE of entitlement and the motivation for said entitlement. Motives on one side are slightly better than the other. When people act with such greed and disregard for their fellow Americans, it is a flawed system that needs to be restructured. The "atmosphere to promote welfare" as you said is non-existent. Welfare is not a program it is acting on the well-being of fellow Americans. The reckless spending that I outlined by our most powerful people is irresponsible and does NOT promote the welfare of the people.

Entitlement. Such a great word. In principle, the statement is correct as both are actively 'seeking' something. But I think you then consider the degree of entitlement. On one hand I am entitled to a comfy job, a country club membership, a company car, and a vacation home in some international hot spot, rock solid retirement, on and on and on. The other entitlement is more along the lines of, my retirement money is gone, I can't pay my mortgage/rent, and I don't want to leave a burden on my family when I pass. Now which of those two has the real entitlement issue. People like to pose these questions and exploit a technicality, but when you look deeper its really just absurd.

Both are asking for SOMEONE BESIDES THEMSELVES to provide it for them.

The govt's only role is to create an atmosphere that PROMOTES the general welfare (the ability to pay bills, have a retirement, leave a little money for the kids) not to PROVIDE that welfare for people or companies.

I don't disagree, as I stated previously. My point was to take a look at the SENSE of entitlement and the motivation for said entitlement. Motives on one side are slightly better than the other. When people act with such greed and disregard for their fellow Americans, it is a flawed system that needs to be restructured. The "atmosphere to promote welfare" as you said is non-existent. Welfare is not a program it is acting on the well-being of fellow Americans. The reckless spending that I outlined by our most powerful people is irresponsible and does NOT promote the welfare of the people.

I agree and that is why we need to kick all these current politicians out and replace them with people who won't be so irresponsible with our money by giving it all to big companies with their handouts that don't need it and people who are unwilling to do anything for themselves that don't deserve it.

Realize that many of those people "with their hands out" had there life savings invested, like in a home for their family or in their retirement plan. I do not feel you, me, or anyone else should look shamefully at this group for their interest in getting recompense for losing their ENTIRE life. Just my perspective. It's more of an accountability issue in my eyes.

Why do some of you keep saying that Wall Street fat cats are the same as the working class who pay into their entitlements and then want to draw on them when they retire?

Then why are they protesting? They can still do that. That hasn't changed. They just want their Taxpayer Freebies just like Wall Street does. It is 'Generation Gimme.' But we just can't afford them.

Oh bull. You can't have it both ways.

WHERE do people get this nonsense?

Oh wait - Focks.

Okay, whatever.

No it's just that people like you can't be honest. It is all about demanding those Taxpayer Freebies. Doesn't matter to me you wont admit that. But it is reality. Take a closer look at their signs and listen to what OWS is really saying. It is all about the Entitlements. They have their hands out and so does Wall Street. And they're not even occupying the right places anyway. They should be in Washington because that's where all the real problems are. OWS and Wall Street are just in competition with each other for their handouts. They stand for the same basic Entitlement philosophy.

Then why are they protesting? They can still do that. That hasn't changed. They just want their Taxpayer Freebies just like Wall Street does. It is 'Generation Gimme.' But we just can't afford them.

Oh wait - Focks.

Okay, whatever.

Let me break it down for you

Wall Street, the banks, and big companies (GM for example) all turned to the govt for a handout of taxpayer money to help them out

Occupy Wallstreet protestors are asking the govt to handout corporate profits to them to help them out.

Both are asking the govt to take money from other people to give to them for something they feel they either deserve, want, or need.

Get it now?

Much better stated than i could have stated it. They're just in competition for those Taxpayer Freebies. Most are just too dishonest to admit that.

Oh wait - Focks.

Okay, whatever.

No it's just that people like you can't be honest. It is all about demanding those Taxpayer Freebies. Doesn't matter to me you wont admit that. But it is reality. Take a closer look at their signs and listen to what OWS is really saying. It is all about the Entitlements. They have their hands out and so does Wall Street. And they're not even occupying the right places anyway. They should be in Washington because that's where all the real problems are. OWS and Wall Street are just in competition with each other for their handouts. They stand for the same basic Entitlement philosophy.

Question. You truly believe that the people who have lost their entire LIFE in this economic meltdown by-way of foreclosure, as a direct result of the real sense of ENTITLEMENT and irresponsibility of investors, are in fact similarly motivated? I think there is a broader view of holding people accountable that your conveniently ignore with your argument.

AIG gets bailed out, then gives multi-million dollar bonuses in the very same year. That's entitlement.

Average American has his house foreclosed on by the very banks he is paying to bail out, and wants answers and recompense. Entitlement or accountability and justice?

Common sense tells us that bankers that have to sell their third vacation home are the one's with entitlement issues. Not the people that want them to pay their share of the tax burden which they very much are responsible for.

Oh wait - Focks.

Okay, whatever.

Question. You truly believe that the people who have lost their entire LIFE in this economic meltdown by-way of foreclosure, as a direct result of the real sense of ENTITLEMENT and irresponsibility of investors, are in fact similarly motivated? I think there is a broader view of holding people accountable that your conveniently ignore with your argument.

AIG gets bailed out, then gives multi-million dollar bonuses in the very same year. That's entitlement.

Average American has his house foreclosed on by the very banks he is paying to bail out, and wants answers and recompense. Entitlement or accountability and justice?

Common sense tells us that bankers that have to sell their third vacation home are the one's with entitlement issues. Not the people that want them to pay their share of the tax burden which they very much are responsible for.

Why did they lose their entire life? And why is that other Taxpayers' fault. You don't get to demand stealing from fellow Citizens just because your life didn't turn out the way you wanted. That's the same exact mentality Wall Street has. If your problem is with the Banks,then sue the banks and try to get some money out of them. I have no problem with that. But your real problem is still with Washington. They gave Wall Street all that Taxpayer cash. You guys are occupying the wrong places. Get to Washington. But don't demand your fellow Citizens pay for your own mistakes or problems with Banks. We're broke. The Entitlement Gravy Train is off the tracks and out of gravy.

Why did they lose their entire life? And why is that other Taxpayers' fault. You don't get to demand stealing from fellow Citizens just because your life didn't turn out the way you wanted. That's the same exact mentality Wall Street has. If your problem is with the Banks,then sue the banks and try to get some money out of them. I have no problem with that. But your real problem is still with Washington. They gave Wall Street all that Taxpayer cash. You guys are occupying the wrong places. Get to Washington. But don't demand your fellow Citizens pay for your own mistakes or problems with Banks. We're broke. The Entitlement Gravy Train is off the tracks and out of gravy.

So to clarify, bankers/investors/lobbyist take knowingly absurd risks and engage in frivolous and unwarranted spending with money people have entrusted them as their futures (home, retirement, college, etc). Then, the bubble bursts and we have to assign accountability. Ready, go... The lawmakers choice to bail out the banks is an entirely separate issue of accountability. That legislation was headed by Republicans under the Bush administration but was very partisan in nature, however measures of spending accountability were absolutely mishandled. But again totally different argument. Responsibility for the event lies with ...?

So to clarify, bankers/investors/lobbyist take knowingly absurd risks and engage in frivolous and unwarranted spending with money people have entrusted them as their futures (home, retirement, college, etc). Then, the bubble bursts and we have to assign accountability. Ready, go... The lawmakers choice to bail out the banks is an entirely separate issue of accountability. That legislation was headed by Republicans under the Bush administration but was very partisan in nature, however measures of spending accountability were absolutely mishandled. But again totally different argument. Responsibility for the event lies with ...?

Well see,there's your own Entitlement attitude slipping out. Just sounds like you're blaming everyone else for your own mistakes. That's just way too common in the OWS Movement. I'm not defending Big Banks that got Taxpayer Bailouts but Citizens have to be held accountable too. They played a big part in the economic collapse. Bad decisions and greed is what got a whole lot of Citizens in trouble too. But anyway,if you want to blame Wall Street for all your problems then go for it. Sue them and try to get some money out of them. But don't demand fellow Citizens/Taxpayers pay for your mistakes. The Gravy Train really is all out of gravy.

For some reason you remind me of Dennis Leary (Video has a few F-bombs if your at work)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAVoQfoU0dQ]STFU - Dennis Leary - YouTube[/ame]

For some reason you remind me of Dennis Leary (Video has a few F-bombs if your at work)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAVoQfoU0dQ]STFU - Dennis Leary - YouTube[/ame]

:lol: Yea it does seem that most in the OWS Movement want to blame everyone but themselves for their own mistakes. That's why i can no longer support them. They had it right in the beginning when it was about being angry at Wall Street. I could get behind that. But then it became all about the Entitlement attitude. 'Generation Gimme' stepped in and hijacked the Movement. Now i just see them as Entitlement Whiners. And i think most Americans are now seeing them that way too. Anyway,thanks for the hilarious vid. It is classic.

It's all about the Taxpayer-funded Freebies in the end for both Wall Street and OWS. They want to steal from fellow Taxpayers to better themselves. They're demanding their handouts. What do we do now with this Self-Entitlement Monster? The Well's run dry. We're broke.

:lol: Yea it does seem that most in the OWS Movement want to blame everyone but themselves for their own mistakes. That's why i can no longer support them. They had it right in the beginning when it was about being angry at Wall Street. I could get behind that. But then it became all about the Entitlement attitude. 'Generation Gimme' stepped in and hijacked the Movement. Now i just see them as Entitlement Whiners. And i think most Americans are now seeing them that way too. Anyway,thanks for the hilarious vid. It is classic.

Thats why I liked them at first too...but when the cries for a "guaranteed middle class job out of college" and "I shouldn't have to pay off my loans" amongst others started being more prevelant than anything else I became disgusted by them.

If the tea party stopped being about fiscal conservatism and the debt and transformed into a conservative social issues movement I would feel the same sense of disgust toward it.

STFU - Dennis Leary - YouTube

Thats why I liked them at first too...but when the cries for a "guaranteed middle class job out of college" and "I shouldn't have to pay off my loans" amongst others started being more prevelant than anything else I became disgusted by them.

If the tea party stopped being about fiscal conservatism and the debt and transformed into a conservative social issues movement I would feel the same sense of disgust toward it.

Yea i think good honest people were there at the start of the Movement. But they were quickly booted and replaced with 'Generation Gimme' whiners. And i'm sure George Soros had a hand in hijacking the Movement too. It is sad but that's where it stands currently. I can no longer support them.

Forum List

Back