OWS verses the free market: OWS- 0 Market- 1

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Dare they venture into unregulated capitalism? Or are they already there? In any case it looks like OWS is finally headed in the right direction. What took so long? My support... you have it!

The Selling of Zuccotti Park - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

The most shocking thing I saw at Zuccotti Park during my weekend visit was that it is teeming with very thing that protesters hate: markets and commerce. All around the tiny tent city, vendors have sprung up, like mushrooms in warm compost, selling all kinds of Occupy Wall Street paraphernalia— buttons, pins, souvenirs. (Incidentally, there were more tourists than protesters at the park.) I actually witnessed greenbacks changing hands several times:

owsbling.jpg

(Pictured, Official OWS Bling)

Indeed, nothing co-opts a movement faster than entrepreneurs com-modifying it to turn a quick buck :lol:

why do you pretend that these protest are against free markets as opposed to corrupt corporate control of the market ???

Planting Change: Guerrilla Gardening and the Occupy Movement | OccupyWallSt.org

Guerrilla gardening is the occupation of ill-used land to support the communities and ecosystems to which that land rightfully belongs. As the Occupy movement "puts down roots" in public and private spaces across the world, guerilla gardening is essential to growing a sustainable movement free from dependance on corporate systems.

why do you pretend that these protest are against free markets as opposed to corrupt corporate control of the market ???

Number of &#8220;working groups&#8221; now governing Occupy Wall Street: 79 and counting « Hot Air

So says Time magazine. Meanwhile, thanks to the nasty weather, there were reportedly between 50 and “just over a hundred” protesters in the park this weekend, which means on some days the ratio of “Occupy” oversight committees to actual occupiers is roughly 1:1. No surprise, and not just because a proto-utopia founded by leftists would naturally have lots and lots of redundant government. The more I read about the movement, the more subordinate their political grievances seem to be to the underlying experiment in communal living.

Why does an anti-corporate corruption protest need more "working groups" than actual protesters?

BTW, do you feel answered yet? :lol:

Forum List

Back