OWS Squatters Mock 9/11 Shrine

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
A Big Government reader, Andrew Kaczynski, noted that demonstrators squatting in Zuccotti Park have defaced a 9/11 memorial statue.

The sculpture, J. Seward Johnson’s “Double Check,” once sat at the feet of the World Trade Center and became a shrine of sorts after it withstood the destruction of the 9/11 attacks (photo at Pundit Press):

Activists at the Occupy Wall Street protests, either ignorant about the statue’s history or indifferent to it (the Occupy instigators, after all, mourned the death of Osama bin Laden), have mocked the sculpture as a supposed symbol of capitalism.

Kaczynski provided several photographs, including one he snapped himself in Zuccotti Park this morning:
(photos following)

» #OccupyWallStreet Squatters Mock 9/11 ‘Shrine’ Statue - Big Government

911wtccm1.jpg
2011-1.jpg
2011-768x1024.jpg
Abz6sggCMAEphJ3.jpg

Last edited:
All I can add is disgusting!

THIS is how Obama thinks he is going to retain the Whitehouse?

2012 is coming people! Don't forget, and vote!

I've been to that statue a few times since 9/11. There's no story on or near it re: 9/11, you'd have to have heard about it through hearsay. This thread title is a stretch, imo. But you're gay anyways.

I've been to that statue a few times since 9/11. There's no story on or near it re: 9/11, you'd have to have heard about it through hearsay. This thread title is a stretch, imo. But you're gay anyways.

No, YOU have tried it out of ignorance.

It says RIGHT IN THE ARTICLE, if you had bothered to read (which obviously you didn't as usual), that they either through IGNORANCE or knowledge are mocking the shrine.

It says RIGHT IN THE ARTICLE, if you had bothered to read (which obviously you didn't as usual), that they either through IGNORANCE or knowledge are mocking the shrine.

There's a big difference between mocking it and NOT KNOWING its history w/9/11, and just mocking it anyways. Get real.

The whole park was hit by debris on 9/11, I was right across the street from that park when the second plane hit, the article is right wing propaganda, there is no disrespect being shown regarding 9/11 and I have been in or near that park on 9/11 and during OWS.

There's a big difference between mocking it and NOT KNOWING its history w/9/11, and just mocking it anyways. Get real.

There's also a difference between not knowing and not caring.

It's not hard to figure where these snotty brats priorities lie.

The whole park was hit by debris on 9/11, I was right across the street from that park when the second plane hit, the article is right wing propaganda, there is no disrespect being shown regarding 9/11 and I have been in or near that park on 9/11 and during OWS.

Stuff being draped all around it?

Trash being dumped on it? No disrespect?

That says way more about YOUR left wing slant than anything else.

Yeah right, OUR slant!!! :cool:

It's a statue of a guy sitting on a bench not a memorial to the 9/11 victims, the faux outrage shows how nutty right wing thinking is.

The Left has way too many wingnuts like this for me to support their causes. Anti-Americanism just runs too deep in the American Left movement. The Democrats do have a big problem. These people are all theirs.

Activists at the Occupy Wall Street protests, either ignorant about the statue’s history or indifferent to it

That's number 10,637 of things they are ignorant too then.

and the Right has way too many crazies, like this guy libocalypse now who has gotten so tired of being so repetative under his old handle that he made himself this brand new one, "paulitician" this October.

Psycho much? A'yup.

Forum List

Back