#OWS - only a matter of time before plans for violence!

Possibly. I'm sure you're correct and he is frustrated. Do you wish those who frustrate you get hit by a car?

I might, in the heat of the moment. We've all said things like this before. Maybe you're driving down the highway and get cut off, you might say "I hope that idiot gets into an accident." Or maybe when you're at the mall you get irritated with an employee who isn't being helpful and you say "I hope she gets fired." Or maybe you're having a bad day at work when that angry-at-life co worker comes around and starts making your life miserable on top of everything else. And you turn to another co worker and say "I will he's hurry up and die already. I hope someone runs over him with a car on his way home tonight."

Sure, these aren't our best moments. But we all have to be honest and admit that we all say something like this every once in a blue moon when our emotions get the better of us. It's just a vent and we don't really mean it. We were just trying to get our frustration off our chests. A little bit later, we nearly forget that we even said it because that's how meaningless the idea really was to us. Imagine if every time you made some meaningless comment in a moment of emotional distress you had to turn around to the media and apologize and try to prove that you're really not a mean or viscious person after all. Because that's probably what's going to happen here.

If the tweet is true and accurate and represents the true feelings of its author, it is clear evidence that the person who wrote the message does not support the spirt of our Constitution or the rule of law. Not doubt if he really believes citizens who hold opinions different than his own should by injured or killed he is too cowardly to do so himself, and may have posted in the hope a McVeigh or Rudolph is out there and will do mayhem for him

Or he could have been saying it in jest...you know...it is a tweet and people tend to not go on tweet for accurate statements.
Or he just made a threat of murder and serious bodily harm for all the world to see...you decide. :doubt:

If the tweet is true and accurate and represents the true feelings of its author, it is clear evidence that the person who wrote the message does not support the spirt of our Constitution or the rule of law. Not doubt if he really believes citizens who hold opinions different than his own should by injured or killed he is too cowardly to do so himself, and may have posted in the hope a McVeigh or Rudolph is out there and will do mayhem for him

Or he could have been saying it in jest...you know...it is a tweet and people tend to not go on tweet for accurate statements.
Or he just made a threat of murder and serious bodily harm for all the world to see...you decide. :doubt:

Oh, thanks for letting me know. Would you tweet your hope to bring a bomb on a commercial aircraft? Think you might get a visit in doing so? You maybe spot on, I wouldn't make a threat under any circumstance. Would you?

Oh, thanks for letting me know. Would you tweet your hope to bring a bomb on a commercial aircraft? Think you might get a visit in doing so? You maybe spot on, I wouldn't make a threat under any circumstance. Would you?

Not someone who uses twitter then? Because if you did... and you followed politicians, public figures, etc... you'd see that comment in the spirit that it was meant. As sarcasm. But it is SOP to take things seriously that are clearly not meant to be serious for the sake of some faux outrage.

Not someone who uses twitter then? Because if you did... and you followed politicians, public figures, etc... you'd see that comment in the spirit that it was meant. As sarcasm. But it is SOP to take things seriously that are clearly not meant to be serious for the sake of some faux outrage.

lol, one of your weaker spins - do you have evidence it is otherwise?

how is this...

How often would you say that people say "im gonna kill you" to make a point but really dont mean exactly as it is said.

Now...

Compare that to the amount of people that say "im gonna kill you" and actually "kill" the person.

So you see....you wish to take him literally as that meets your agenda.....

Actually, I'd say it's evidence that the guy was frustrated from not being able to navigate the road easily, and needed to blow off some steam.
Where are you getting that?

"Clearing K Street" does not necessarily imply that anyone was even on the actual street. They all could have been on the sidewalk.

No but then I am not a partisan zealot either.
I wouldn't want to raise money for either of the two corrupt parties.

But you don't mind when the left wing calls for violence in this protest. Or may I see your denunciation of the Speaker in California?

Conservative Fundraiser Wants To ‘Clear K Street Of Protesters’ By Hitting ‘A Few With A Car’ | Today, hundreds of people marched in downtown Washington, D.C. as a part of the of Occupy D.C. demonstration. Conservative fundraiser, consultant, and Principal at The Consultant Group Nathan Wurtzel reacted angrily to the protesters, tweeting that his plan to “clear K Street of protesters” is to “hit a few of them with a car“:

Hyperbole (play /haɪˈpɜrbəliː/ hy-pur-bə-lee;[1] Greek: ὑπερβολή, 'exaggeration') is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or figure of speech. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a strong impression, but is not meant to be taken literally.

dunce.jpg

Conservative Fundraiser Wants To ‘Clear K Street Of Protesters’ By Hitting ‘A Few With A Car’ | Today, hundreds of people marched in downtown Washington, D.C. as a part of the of Occupy D.C. demonstration. Conservative fundraiser, consultant, and Principal at The Consultant Group Nathan Wurtzel reacted angrily to the protesters, tweeting that his plan to “clear K Street of protesters” is to “hit a few of them with a car“:

Political conservatives envision a world without God in which baser human impulses go unchecked, social institutions (marriage, government, family) fall apart and chaos ensues,” says McAdams.

Political Conservatives Fear Chaos; Liberals Fear Emptiness
Conservatives deplore the prospect of Americans protesting in the street because it highlights their worst fears - unchecked human impulses and chaos!

There is no point using reason against the hyperbolic bullshit from the left. That much is clear, from your SOP weak hyperbolic bullshit.

Political conservatives envision a world without God in which baser human impulses go unchecked, social institutions (marriage, government, family) fall apart and chaos ensues,” says McAdams.

Political Conservatives Fear Chaos; Liberals Fear Emptiness
Conservatives deplore the prospect of Americans protesting in the street because it highlights their worst fears - unchecked human impulses and chaos!

oh my gawd..:lol:

Forum List

Back