OWS More Popular Than GOP Congress and Tea Party

OWS is a sham... it's a centrally organized movement, paying off people, providing food services even in NYC, and now, the OWSers are pissed because those wretched homeless are showing up for free food and others are stealing their belongings.

Classic....
Finance Capitalism is a Scam.

"The most recent bombshell hit in early September when Bank of America was one of 17 firms ranging from Citigroup to General Electric that was sued by the Federal Housing Finance Agency, which claimed the lenders misled Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac about the quality of loans that were packaged and sold to the government-sponsored enterprises.

"The FHFA claims in its suit filed in federal court in Manhattan that Bank of America, together with its Countrywide Financial and Merrill Lynch units, sold Fannie and Freddie mortgage-backed securities that violated securities law and that Bank of America needs to repurchase a yet-to-be determined amount of more than $50 billion of those securities."

BofA has recently moved its riskiest derivatives from Countrywide and Merrill Lynch to a retail subsidiary that is backed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.

Do any of you corporate stool-eating tools remember whose money backs the FDIC?

The Lawsuits Plaguing Bank Of America - Forbes

If the "issue" is not being aware of income distribution in the USA, then again, I'm not surprised: Many Americans don't know who the VP of the USA is.

If the "issue" is corporate influance on government, I'm also not surprised: any more than I would be astonished to find most think fire is "hot."

No, that most people would think corporate America has too much influence on the government isn't a "fire is hot" sort of foregone conclusion. There are, after all, people who DON'T think big business has too much influence -- some on this board, in fact. That such a large majority of the people think they do is a very significant datum.

Likewise the attitude that income gaps are too wide. And it's not a case of people being "unaware" of income distribution in the U.S. (although that's also true; most people think it's less lopsided than it actually is, and they STILL want it to be narrower), but that people are implicitly approving the idea of redistributing the wealth.

The "Occupy Movement" is nothing more than a very small group of disgruntled, unemployed individuals.

It is not small and most of the participants aren't unemployed.

I understand the desire to put it down, but you should be taking this quite seriously. It's already made a huge difference in the course of politics, just by shifting the topics of conversation away from how to cut government spending and onto how to provide prosperity for everyone and correct the maldistribution of wealth in this country. That's put progressive ideas and goals on the table, whereas before this they were off of it.

It's also begun the process of severing the Democratic Party from the big business nipple. Already, just in response to the very tepid endorsements given by Obama and the somewhat more sincere ones given by a few other Democrats, Wall Street has largely stopped the cash flow into the Obama campaign. So while YOU may think it doesn't amount to much, clearly the big shots on the Street don't agree with you.

If the Democrats were to become a genuinely progressive party again in response to Occupy, they would win the 2012 election in a landslide, just as they did in 2008 when they only pretended to be. I don't know yet if that will happen, but because of Occupy it is now a possibility. By 2016 it will become a certainty.

Mssr. Maximilien de Robespierre Wannabe, you need to be a bit more subtle in your interpretation, "that people are implicitly approving the idea of redistributing the wealth." We are not in France, 1792: In 2012 USA, the population can EXPLICITLY express itself.

I find the claim that "[OWS movement] is not small and most of the participants aren't unemployed," very difficult to believe. There has been no plan to march upon Washington DC., and the participants spend weeks at a time doing nothing but laying around public parks: either they are unemployed or have the most understanding employers on the planet.

I know right? It's almost like they think that the majority of Americans supported the OWS protester who took a shit on the patrol car

No OWS protester has been proven to have taken a shit on a patrol car.

Polls do show that a majority of Americans are with Occupy on the issues. Sorry, but that, unlike a protester shitting on a patrol car, is a fact.
The last poll results I saw show the majority of Americans haven't the foggiest idea what issues you're talking about: However, if they include wanting More Money, then yes, I suppose that is an "issue" most can agree. :eusa_hand: I also want more ice cream.

Deflection, Samson, and not on point. Americans support OWS whether you like it or not.

Approval percentages....................

OWS- 37% GOP Congress- 26% Tea Party- 28%

Some 37 percent of people back the protests that have spread from New York to cities across the country and abroad, one of the first snapshots of how the public views the "Occupy Wall Street" movement.

AP-GfK Poll: 37 percent of public back protests | pennlive.com

Congress: Republicans

46 percent of those surveyed said they have a negative view of the Tea Party movement, versus 28 who say they view it favorably.

Tea Party Unfavorability Jumps In New AP Poll | TPMDC

I see the libtards are out with the 'GOP Congress' lie in full force tonight.

The GOP controls exactly 1/2 of congress.

Until 2012 that is... and THEN, yo can call it a GOP congress!:fu:

No OWS protester has been proven to have taken a shit on a patrol car.

Polls do show that a majority of Americans are with Occupy on the issues. Sorry, but that, unlike a protester shitting on a patrol car, is a fact.
The last poll results I saw show the majority of Americans haven't the foggiest idea what issues you're talking about: However, if they include wanting More Money, then yes, I suppose that is an "issue" most can agree. :eusa_hand: I also want more ice cream.

Deflection, Samson, and not on point. Americans support OWS whether you like it or not.

What an extraordinarily compelling arguement you present.

Do you believe in Santa Clause too?

Conservative, you better check your realclearpolitics.com polling numbers. The GOP is frightened of OWS being the "tea party exprression" of 2012 but for the Dems. This next year is not guaranteed for anybody.

Apparently you do. You gave an opinion, which I pointed out is a deflection of the fact. You can check it yourself if you wish. Other than that, your comments on this are irrelevant.

Apparently you do. You gave an opinion, which I pointed out is a deflection of the fact. You can check it yourself if you wish. Other than that, your comments on this are irrelevant.

I'll take that as a "Yes, Santa DOES EXIST AND AMERICANS SUPPORT OWS: And anyone that disagrees with me is wrong."

:lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back