OWS deserves some credit.

earlycuyler

Extra long Bad Ass Cut.
Sep 17, 2011
Drivers seat.
I do not support thees douche bags at all, but I dont begrudge them there right to protest. The news is starting to honestly report on the violence and vandalism committed by an element in the crowds. Whats not being reported are the efforts of the protesters who want non violence to remove the troublemakers from the crowed, or how the peaceful protesters are being shouted down and run off. There are even some OWS folks who are scrubbing graffiti off the walls and cleaning up the mess left by the Anarchist infiltrators in Oakland.

Yep. That's only partly out of moral concern or civic virtue, of course. As long as Occupy remains nonviolent it has the moral high ground. If the movement turns violent, it will lose public support and provide the government a justification for using violence in return.

I do not support thees douche bags at all, but I dont begrudge them there right to protest. The news is starting to honestly report on the violence and vandalism committed by an element in the crowds. Whats not being reported are the efforts of the protesters who want non violence to remove the troublemakers from the crowed, or how the peaceful protesters are being shouted down and run off. There are even some OWS folks who are scrubbing graffiti off the walls and cleaning up the mess left by the Anarchist infiltrators in Oakland.

It's a start. Problems need to be anticipated and addressed. It's to their credit when they do. :):):)

Yep. That's only partly out of moral concern or civic virtue, of course. As long as Occupy remains nonviolent it has the moral high ground. If the movement turns violent, it will lose public support and provide the government a justification for using violence in return.

True. They need to let the cops have the trouble makers. Like the New York OWS did with the rapist. And the press should get some video of them cleaning up in Oakland. Not that I want it to continue, but its not fair to portray them all as rioters.

Lets see.... credit

Credit for people losing a day of pay?
Credit for stopping shipments of US produce from being shipped out and spoiling?
Credit for putting some small business out of business?
Credit for some small business losing badly need sales?
Credit for costing a broke city money to keep up with their asses?
Credit for smashing windows?

The credit list is long... shall i go on?

Lets see.... credit

Credit for stopping shipments of US produce from being shipped out and spoiling?

Yep. All valid concern. Some actions Legal.
Some Actions Nonviolent and Nondestructive.
Some actions Violent and destructive, even if unsanctioned, they are responsible, and should learn from their mistakes.

If they learn, if the Cops learn, there is good in it.
Who knows what Tomorrow holds?

And the president and the democrat party have yet to denounce the violence. I wonder why?

And the president and the democrat party have yet to denounce the violence. I wonder why?

they are too busy looking for something to criticize as it pertains to the behavior of the tea party.....sadly for them, they cant find anything....but they are trying!

it does not take rocket science to understand that if you have a protest where anyone is invited to join in (as it should) and people are staying overnight and for weeks at a time...there will be violence by "troublemakers"...

They should know...and likely DO know....they would get a lot more respect and have a lot less violence if they made the protest more of a planned "daily" event for maybe an hour or two....and they would be able to make the same point they are making now.

However, THEIR way is costing non involved business owners to lose business...and I am starting to resent the fact that they are FORCING others to sacrifice for THEIR cause.

Lets see.... credit

All that is bad, and when other peoples rights are being infringed by another group exorcizing theirs then the police need to step in and create order so everyone can do there thing and live there lives. Whats bothering me is the news got video of the bonfires, covered the port being shut down (bad) and all that, but they were not there the next morning when the protestors who wanted to keep it peaceful were scrubbing the graffiti off the walls of a whole foods that was vandalized the night before by anarchist. Don't get me wrong, I think they are goofballs, but they dont all want to burn the city down either. There are several small groups among them who desperately want to take this to the next level, and the media is ignoring them, and people will get hurt.

Politics. If the media did any digging they may find things that could be damaging.

Lets see.... credit

All that is bad, and when other peoples rights are being infringed by another group exorcizing theirs then the police need to step in and create order so everyone can do there thing and live there lives. Whats bothering me is the news got video of the bonfires, covered the port being shut down (bad) and all that, but they were not there the next morning when the protestors who wanted to keep it peaceful were scrubbing the graffiti off the walls of a whole foods that was vandalized the night before by anarchist. Don't get me wrong, I think they are goofballs, but they dont all want to burn the city down either. There are several small groups among them who desperately want to take this to the next level, and the media is ignoring them, and people will get hurt.

And what WAS the graffiti?

ows shit.....

so its not as if they are out doing some community service cleaning up the city...... what they did was covering their asses.

You don't know oakland.... yes they want to burn the city down... its cover to loot and rob. What wait and see...... :lol:

Lets see.... credit

ows shit.....

so its not as if they are out doing some community service cleaning up the city...... what they did was covering their asses.

You don't know oakland.... yes they want to burn the city down... its cover to loot and rob. What wait and see...... :lol:

I do know Oakland, and yes there are citizens there who would like to burn the place to the ground. Matter of fact a member here is one is a celebrity in the anarchist crowed there in Oakland. Even with Oakland's reputation there are good people everywhere, and plenty who dont want to burn the city. Anarchist want to burn the city down, not the rest of the 99% who just want free shit. I do agree that it will get bad. But I dont believe it will be the average 99%'er. If nothing else, they just aren't that motivated.

OWS deserves a lot of credit.

They put the focus where it belongs...on the people who destroyed the world economy, Wall Street.

The tide is shifting, and it's bad news for the Republicans.

ows shit.....

I do know Oakland, and yes there are citizens there who would like to burn the place to the ground. Matter of fact a member here is one is a celebrity in the anarchist crowed there in Oakland. Even with Oakland's reputation there are good people everywhere, and plenty who dont want to burn the city. Anarchist want to burn the city down, not the rest of the 99% who just want free shit. I do agree that it will get bad. But I dont believe it will be the average 99%'er. If nothing else, they just aren't that motivated.

That is becasue the "99%" is a lie. Its a sound good piece of bullshit.

What you are saying is the "99%" is either anarchists or people who want their lives for free. Ill give you that. That description about sums it up.

Anarchist want to burn the city down, not the rest of the 99% who just want free shit. I do agree that it will get bad. But I dont believe it will be the average 99%'er.

No they don't. You obviously know nothing of the movement. OWS wants corporate control and power completely out of our government, and to restore that power to (actual) people. Period. You should stop listening to right wing talking points. They are "occupying" Wall Street the way that Wall Street is "occupying" our government. Sheesh. Why is there so much mis-information going around?

Last edited:
OWS deserves a lot of credit.

They put the focus where it belongs...on the people who destroyed the world economy, Wall Street.

The tide is shifting, and it's bad news for the Republicans.

Seems to me you have not been paying attention.

By the way....the people dont pay wall street to NOT be greedy.

They pay congress to ensure wall street doesnt let its greed compromise its ethics.

Congress decided to look the other way.

Why arent they protesting the people they pay who had better things to do....like attending committee meetings in the Bahamas.....

Anarchist want to burn the city down, not the rest of the 99% who just want free shit. I do agree that it will get bad. But I dont believe it will be the average 99%'er.

No they don't. You obviously know nothing of the movement. OWS wants corporate control and power completely out of our government, and to restore that power to (actual) people. Period. You should stop listening to right wing talking points. They are "occupying" Wall Street the way that Wall Street is "occupying" our government. Sheesh. Why is there so much mis-information going around?

So then why are they protesting wall street and not washington?

How can wall street be IN OUR GOVERNMENT if our government doesnt let them?

Seems to me YOU know nothing of the movement.

Forum List

Back