"Owning a part of the major banks in America is not a bad thing."

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
In a article written in 2008, Herman Cain wrote the following:

North Star Writers Group - Syndicated Commentary: Opinion, Humor and Features

Wake up people! Owning a part of the major banks in America is not a bad thing. We could make a profit while solving a problem.

But the mainstream media and the free market purists want you to believe that this is the end of capitalism as we know it. It is not for several reasons that they have conveniently not explained.

In May 2011, Cain had this to say:

Introducing Herman Cain - Robert Costa - National Review Online

If Cain continues to shine, that column could haunt. But the Georgian is not worried. “I don’t have any regrets,” he says. “I studied the situation. I didn’t have trouble with the idea; I had trouble with its implementation, picking winners and losers.”

In December of 2010, Cain put forth his belief that the U.S should return to the Gold Standard:

RealClearPolitics - Video - Herman Cain: Return To The Gold Standard

"Yes I believe in the gold standard. We should have never gotten off the gold standard because when we got off the gold standard, that then allowed Congress to inflate our currency whenever they overspent. Now look at the mess that we have," Herman Cain said, filling in for Sean Hannity on his radio show.

He also has put forth his belief that an audit of the Federal Reserve is unnecessary and that there is no need for it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhen9QiYai8]YouTube - ‪Herman Cain says: "No Need To Audit the Federal Reserve" WTF!‬‏[/ame]

Cain also has gone on the record in saying he would not appoint a Muslim in his Administration because they may support Sharia Law:

Herman Cain: 'I Would Not' Appoint a Muslim in My Administration - Muslims - Fox Nation

Ironic, considering he also opposes Abortion and wishes to see Gay Marriage banned at a Federal level while trying to espouse state rights on the issue of gun permits.

Now you may ask yourself: Why did I create this thread?

The answer is simple, everytime I see a Cain thread on this board the same two things occur:

1.) His business experience is brought up.

2.) He is used as a weapon to beat Liberals over the head with what amounts to accusations of future racism.

However, whenever I bring up his positions like so, my posts routinely get ignored because that might actually require a thoughtful discussion.

So, now that question is answered, what do you think USMB of Cain's positions? Personally, I think that he will not win the GOP nomination because the people who would vote for him are more likely to vote for either Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, or one of the Social Conservative candidates with more star power.

If the guy is carrying that (R) next to his name, the odds that I would vote for them are on a rather low order of probability.

Cain is way down on my personal depth chart.

Fair enough, so do you have a candidate in mind you would like to vote for in 2012 that is currently running or may run?

Forum List

Back