Owners of Noah's Ark Exhibit sueing insurer for water damage

Looks like the damage is to a roadway, not the ark itself. My neighbors have been to it. They liked it but then again they also like that their church services last 2-3 hours every week because that means their church is a real church.

My brother and his wife went to it, all the way from West Texas. They made a vacation out of it, being sure not to miss the Creationist exhibit, too. Personally, I would rather spend my vacation in the Caribbean.

If I happened to be passing by I'd stop to check it out.
But we dont vaca in the U.S. it's too damn expensive!!
You can go to Jamaica or the Bahamas cheaper than you can go to Florida

You know I was thinking at $48 a person, people in florida can probably buy a last minute weekend trip on a real ship for not that much more.

We usually spend anywhere from 6k to 10k for a week or two.
You can get top notch accommodations in Jamaica for that.
We actually stayed in the same villa that Mick Jagger stayed in at Rock House.

Escape

We go in the direction. In the heat of the summer, the last thing we want is even hotter. We want cool and shady.

We go to Jamaica whenever.
The winter is great but I dont mind summer either.
The Jamaicans always tell us to be careful because it gets really hot!!!!
We just laugh and tell em we're from the Texas Gulf Coast.
The temps are about the same but you get a constant sea breeze on the West end of the Island.

My brother and his wife went to it, all the way from West Texas. They made a vacation out of it, being sure not to miss the Creationist exhibit, too. Personally, I would rather spend my vacation in the Caribbean.

You know I was thinking at $48 a person, people in florida can probably buy a last minute weekend trip on a real ship for not that much more.

Escape

We go in the direction. In the heat of the summer, the last thing we want is even hotter. We want cool and shady.

The temps are about the same but you get a constant sea breeze on the West end of the Island.

We usually go to the mountains if me be part of the "we" in summer. Others go to the coast without me in their we from time to time. I spent so much time at the beach growing up, I am fairly over it and when they want to go to the beach to shop I get very WTF if I am along. Apparently I don't fully appreciate the over-priced "outlet" scene. IDK. This fall we are heading to Ireland for a bit. I prefer to vaca in the fall anyway.

Escape

We usually go to the mountains if me be part of the "we" in summer. Others go to the coast without me in their we from time to time. I spent so much time at the beach growing up, I am fairly over it and when they want to go to the beach to shop I get very WTF if I am along. Apparently I don't fully appreciate the over-priced "outlet" scene. IDK. This fall we are heading to Ireland for a bit. I prefer to vaca in the fall anyway.

We've been talking about hitting some of the trails in the U.S. with the SxS.
2000000015.jpg

Top 10 ATV Trails in America

b8bb24035d184fa1a58f6dd2c2407aed.jpg

Cant decide on the desert southwest or the central East part of the country.

Escape

We've been talking about hitting some of the trails in the U.S. with the SxS.
2000000015.jpg

Top 10 ATV Trails in America

b8bb24035d184fa1a58f6dd2c2407aed.jpg

Cant decide on the desert southwest or the central East part of the country.

I have heard there are a lot of good trails in West Virginia, but I have no idea if that is true or not.

We've been all over the U.S. and parts of Canada. Favorite wilderness areas are the Canadian lakes above International Falls, north of Ely, Minn. Lots of canoe bases in the area. Out west the Canyonlands are cool, too; they have made a lot of science fiction movies there, and the Hells Gate region in Oregon, on the east side of the mountain range, is excellent hiking. In the eastern parts, the Appalachian Trail has lots of decent spots, and the Oil Creek region in western Pa. is also worth a trip. Upstate New York has a lot of scenic places, as does New England, West Virginia, Tennessee and Georgia.

Forum List

Back