OWNED - by Gem

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Congrats go to Gem for <a href="http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showpost.php?p=308119&postcount=37" target=_blank">completely owning</a> Gabby - who <a href="http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showpost.php?p=308131&postcount=40" target=_blank">did admit</a> to the ownage...

Nice Job Gem! :)

Don't smirk too much. She owns you as well. Gem is probably the most intelligent and most rational person on this board.

Gabriella84 said:
Don't smirk too much. She owns you as well. Gem is probably the most intelligent and most rational person on this board.

Nah Gem doesn't own me - my wife does... :D

I could claim <a href="http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showpost.php?p=307963&postcount=26" target=_blank">equal ownage</a> of you, but this post is all about Gem.. not me.. :)

Always nice to see a blustery old guy admit he is pussywhipped. :laugh:

The difference between you and I is that I admit when I am wrong. You never do. :stupid:

Gabriella84 said:
Always nice to see a blustery old guy admit he is pussywhipped. :laugh:

The difference between you and I is that I admit when I am wrong. You never do. :stupid:

You have 'on occasion' (once?) admitted defeat against your rants. If you would do such more often, you'd learn a LOT about life, and chances are, would be a Republican before too long. ;)

-Cp admit he's wrong? Depends on what 'wrong' means.
;)

:D

removed flame - if it's just your 'special sense of humor', you need to 'fix' it.

I am content to let my husband be a conservative Republican. I will remain a radical, thank you. :banana2:

Gabriella84 said:
I am content to let my husband be a conservative Republican. I will remain a radical, thank you. :banana2:

I'd bet money with age will come wisdom, and if you get older and wiser, you'll change.

-=d=- said:
I'd bet money with age will come wisdom, and if you get older and wiser, you'll change.

Wasn't it Winston Churchill who said something like this:

(Paraphrased): "If you are not liberal when you are 18 you have no heart, if you are not conservative when you are 30 you have no brain."

Or some thing close to this...

no1tovote4 said:

(Paraphrased): "If you are not liberal when you are 18 you have no heart, if you are not conservative when you are 30 you have no brain."

I was close, heres the actual quote:

"Anyone who isn't a liberal by age 20 has no heart. Anyone who isn't a conservative by age 40 has no brain."

And here is a link to the quote:
http://www.writersmugs.com/quote/Winston_Churchill/231.html

-=d=- said:

And once her husband hits the big time...mucho dinero..nice house..cars...nice stuff. Vacations, etc.

Then the Libs will come along and want to change something - that will directly impact their moolah.....and their lifestyle.

Yeah..she'll be marching the streets....against them.

no1tovote4 said:

Now that was good. Linda Chavez the columnist was once a rabid liberal in her younger years, she is a brilliant conservative now in her maturity.

Hannah Arendt:
"It is well known that the most radical revolutionary will become a conservative on the day after the revolution."

And Willis Player:
"A liberal is a person whose interests aren't at stake at the moment."

The older you get, the more content you are to relax and put your brain on autopilot.
I intend to follow in my dad's footsteps and continue to convert everyone to moderate liberalism. Starting in 2008, when the GOP is swept out of office.

Gabriella84 said:
The older you get, the more content you are to relax and put your brain on autopilot.

Translation: I had to make up something to counter Churchill's wisdom, and this is the best I could come up with.

Gabriella84 said:

Actually, the older one gets - the wiser they typically get...

I intend to follow in my dad's footsteps and continue to convert everyone to moderate liberalism. Starting in 2008, when the GOP is swept out of office.

MODERATE Liberalism? You strike me as way to the left of moderate....

Gabriella84 said:
The younger you are the less likely you are to listen to the input from others who have come before.

Funny, this is actually because of brain development. The teenage years through, usually it can be longer or shorter on a more personal level, about 25 the forepart of the brain is still developing. That part that is able to reason and understand things from another viewpoint. This is often why Teens seem unable to understand that their parents actually went through what they are going through, and you end up hearing things like, "Things are so much worse now than when you were in school, Mom!" And why they so often think their parents are stupid.

And this is also why you hear how people get wiser with age, they actually are better able to reason and to see things from another's viewpoint and they only get better at it with practice.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
no1tovote4 said:
The younger you are the less likely you are to listen to the input from others who have come before.

Funny, this is actually because of brain development. The teenage years through, usually it can be longer or shorter on a more personal level, about 25 the forepart of the brain is still developing. That part that is able to reason and understand things from another viewpoint. This is often why Teens seem unable to understand that their parents actually went through what they are going through, and you end up hearing things like, "Things are so much worse now than when you were in school, Mom!" And why they so often think their parents are stupid.

And this is also why you hear how people get wiser with age, they actually are better able to reason and to see things from another's viewpoint and they only get better at it with practice.

Excellent. Took a seminar on just this topic. It's related to the 'invincible fallacy'. Truth is, reality can cause a sudden jump in the ability to comprehend or perhaps 'generalize' is a better term. Overwhelmingly those that were above 13 years old on 9/11, see the WOT as not only a good thing, but essential. Those younger, nope.

Like the 'invincibility fallacy.' After a friend has died, whatever the reason, teens suddenly realize 'it can happen to them.'

Brain development is weird.

Kathianne said:
Excellent. Took a seminar on just this topic. It's related to the 'invincible fallacy'. Truth is, reality can cause a sudden jump in the ability to comprehend or perhaps 'generalize' is a better term. Overwhelmingly those that were above 13 years old on 9/11, see the WOT as not only a good thing, but essential. Those younger, nope.

Like the 'invincibility fallacy.' After a friend has died, whatever the reason, teens suddenly realize 'it can happen to them.'

Brain development is weird.

Yes. I recently finished a book on the topic given me by a Doctor friend of mine. I have always been fascinated by this type of thing, it is amazing how closely it followed my own experience.

I always make it a point to listen to and respect the words of my elders, providing they know what they are talking about. Merely being older does not make you an expert on everything. The mere fact that you carried a rifle in a foreign land does not make you immediately worthy of respect.
What have you accomplished in your older years? What have been your contributions to society as a whole? From what base do you draw your opinions on certain issues.
If someone poses a question or queries an issue, and you answer it with facts and common sense, I respect your opinion. If the justification for your answer is "because I'm a freakin veteran, that's why!," then I am rolling my eyes.

Forum List

Back