Owens Breaks 4 Campaign Promises in first hour in Congress

I hope this comes back to bite all those who voted for it in the ass.

I never vote for it in the ass.

No, you just get it in the ass after they take office.
This guy is a typical Democratic lib--say whatever it takes to get elected and then do the opposite.
Let's recall that Obama ran as a moderate and was elected on that basis. Many of us knew the truth but the media gave him a pass on it.
The next whine you hear will be "but they allll dooo itttt. BOOOOSHHH"

Is all this mock outrage or surprise really necessary? He only won because the GOP royally screwed up their nomination process, and at the last minute, decided to back a 3rd-party candidate (screwing over the Republican nominee in the process - who screwed them back by endorsing the Dem).

The split vote meant that Owens got in, and probably for just over a year - next November, the GOP is likely to win that seat back, and Owens knows it. So what's he got to lose by backing a President who is still personally popular in that district?

I mean really - a whole thread devoted to "NEWS FLASH: POLITICIAN BREAKS CAMPAIGN PROMISE", *laugh*
If you keep that up, you'll need a LOT more threads. I vaguely remember Bush promising never to allow a federal budget deficit when he was running in 1999 - 2000, and surprise, surprise, he signed eight enormous deficit-laden budgets in a row.

I'm shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you, that Owens broke a campaign promise. (rolling eyes)

Is all this mock outrage or surprise really necessary? He only won because the GOP royally screwed up their nomination process, and at the last minute, decided to back a 3rd-party candidate (screwing over the Republican nominee in the process - who screwed them back by endorsing the Dem).

The split vote meant that Owens got in, and probably for just over a year - next November, the GOP is likely to win that seat back, and Owens knows it. So what's he got to lose by backing a President who is still personally popular in that district?

I mean really - a whole thread devoted to "NEWS FLASH: POLITICIAN BREAKS CAMPAIGN PROMISE", *laugh*
If you keep that up, you'll need a LOT more threads. I vaguely remember Bush promising never to allow a federal budget deficit when he was running in 1999 - 2000, and surprise, surprise, he signed eight enormous deficit-laden budgets in a row.

I'm shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you, that Owens broke a campaign promise. (rolling eyes)

Oh wait - I forgot to add, "BOOOSSHHHH" lol

Last edited:

Ahh yes, the old "everybody else did it, so it doesn't matter" argument.
It's thinking like that that gets us the crap politicians that we have.

Oh wait - I forgot to add, "BOOOSSHHHH" lol

Wow. Did I call that one or what?

You should be on TV, you're psychic! :lol::lol:

It took zero brains to anticipate what the Dums and Libs would say on that one. It is the same thing they always say, everyone does it.
If a Republican had done that there would be shock, shock I tell you and outrage and calls for impeachment.

Forum List

Back