Overwhelming Majority Of Studies Find That Gun Control Policies Don’t Work

There ya go folks, the people snowflakes trust are saying gun control won't work:

An analysis of thousands of gun control studies claims that just 63 of those studies found connections between more stringent gun control laws violent crime and suicide reductions.

The non-profit RAND corporation spent two years and $1 million on the analysis, searching for evidence of benefit from gun control policies. RAND’s analysis looked to establish connections between gun policies and rates of homicide, suicide, self-defense gun use, hunting, and other categories. The vast majority of those categories went unaffected by legislation, however, according to NPR.

“Most of the effects that we were looking for evidence on, we didn’t find any evidence,” Andrew Morral, who lead the analysis.

Yes -- all the current policies don't work.

Thank you.

We agree.

So let's try something new.

Bripat is Canadian. We could institute Canadian law related to guns in the US.

7F2B7CDF-26E5-4163-84D0-47F17FF6ED05.jpeg

11 teens a day die in cell phone related accidents. 28 people a day die from alcohol related accidents.

So, we need to ban cell phones, alcohol, and vehicles.

We need to ban cell phones and alcohol IN vehicles.
Don't we already have DUI and texting while driving, cell phone use while driving laws?

As a side note:
When the smoke clears, the real problem for the middle class is lack of adequate pay.....
Isn't that what make you poor or middle class and not rich? Not enough pay?

There ya go folks, the people snowflakes trust are saying gun control won't work:

An analysis of thousands of gun control studies claims that just 63 of those studies found connections between more stringent gun control laws violent crime and suicide reductions.

The non-profit RAND corporation spent two years and $1 million on the analysis, searching for evidence of benefit from gun control policies. RAND’s analysis looked to establish connections between gun policies and rates of homicide, suicide, self-defense gun use, hunting, and other categories. The vast majority of those categories went unaffected by legislation, however, according to NPR.

“Most of the effects that we were looking for evidence on, we didn’t find any evidence,” Andrew Morral, who lead the analysis.

No people bitten by rattlesnakes in Oslo.

Hmm, why could that be...

11 teens a day die in cell phone related accidents. 28 people a day die from alcohol related accidents.

Don't we already have DUI and texting while driving, cell phone use while driving laws?

As a side note:
When the smoke clears, the real problem for the middle class is lack of adequate pay.....

We do, but unfortunately our DUI and cell phone laws aren't strong enough.

My ideas:

First DUI, life without parole.

Cell phone use including hands free; first offence $5000.00 fine and loss of your licence AND car for 30 days. Second offence, loss of your driver's license and car permanently.

As a side note:

My ideas:

Cell phone use including hands free; first offence $5000.00 fine and loss of your licence AND car for 30 days. Second offence, loss of your driver's license and car permanently.
Well that should make the middle class and their lack of equal pay permanent for a lot of families.

As a side note:

Sorry, forgot the side note.

No, that would make the poor middle class and the middle class could pay their living expenses.

As a side note:

My ideas:

Well that should make the middle class and their lack of equal pay permanent for a lot of families.

It's called taking responsibility for one's actions.

As a side note:

My ideas:

It's called taking responsibility for one's actions.
And I would agree with that for the most part. But are you really going to take a 16 year old who didn't hit anyone or kill anyone but was just over the legal limit and give them life without parole?

In my state teens can’t use cells while driving .

You have to be 21 to buy alcohol.

Cars are registered and insured . And you have to be licensed to drive them.

So yeah, we should do all that with guns! I agree with you.

As a side note:

My ideas:

Cell phone use including hands free; first offence $5000.00 fine and loss of your licence AND car for 30 days. You Second offence, loss of your driver's license and car permanently.

If you ever bothered to read past the 2nd amendment you might come across that whole “cruel and unusual punishment “ thing .

Not to mention we have a constitution right to alcohol! If I use gun nut logic “it’s my constitutional right to drive drunk !!”

Overwhelming Majority Of Studies Find That Gun Control Policies Don’t Work
Except in all the developed countries where they do work in reducing firearm homicide rates and public massacre rates to a fraction of the US'. But apart from that they're exactly right.

As a side note:

My ideas:

Cell phone use including hands free; first offence $5000.00 fine and loss of your licence AND car for 30 days. You Second offence, loss of your driver's license and car permanently.

If you ever bothered to read past the 2nd amendment you might come across that whole “cruel and unusual punishment “ thing .

Not to mention we have a constitution right to alcohol! If I use gun nut logic “it’s my constitutional right to drive drunk !!”
You don't have a constitutional right to alcohol you moron. Prohibition was added later then repealed. It's never been a right it was banned then unbanned. You should sue your teachers.

As a side note:

My ideas:

You don't have a constitutional right to alcohol you moron. Prohibition was added later then repealed. It's never been a right it was banned then unbanned. You should sue your teachers.

Ummm I’m reading tween the lines of the amendment ! Like you 2nd amendment guys do all the time !

Yes -- all the current policies don't work.

Thank you.

We agree.

So let's try something new.

Allowing teachers to arm themselves is something new.

THe op is a lie . States wgbtough gun control do better than gun nut states in any gun stat you can think of .

Well, your blank assertion DEFINITELY beats his studies, just because YOU said it. :cuckoo:

I’ll link to the wiki page that’s based on Fed stats.

But first you tell ME What kind of measure you want ? Cause I don’t want you moving goalposts .

Or you could act like you have multiple brain cells and link directly to the Fed stats. :rolleyes:

The first measure I want is for law enforcement to get on the ball and enforce the laws we have. Then I would like to have a reasoned, intelligent discussion about what our problems REALLY are, and how to effectively approach them, rather than a bunch of lemmings screeching about the need to magically eliminate any and all inanimate objects they find scary.

The United States has 270 million guns and had 90 mass shooters from 1966 to 2012.

No other country has more than 46 million guns or 18 mass shooters.
/——-/ I don’t give a rats ass what other countries have or don’t have. Why do you?

take this idea of raising the age to 21 to buy an ar

how many of the past shooters would that have stopped

Depends on whether or not you believe they were violent because of the guns.

Anyone with more brains than a summer squash (aka anyone who isn't a leftist) knows that it wouldn't have stopped a single one.

take this idea of raising the age to 21 to buy an ar

how many of the past shooters would that have stopped

bripat is upset because

Getting an AR-15-style rifle is much harder in Canada than the U.S.

No, he's not, because he's not in Canada.

Forum List

Back