Overturned Boat Found in Search for NFL Players

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
DEVELOPING: The Coast Guard has found an overturned boat with one person clinging to it in the search for missing NFL players.

Corey Smith, a free-agent defensive end who played for the Detroit Lions last season, and Marquis Cooper, an Oakland Raiders linebacker, are two of the four people aboard the boat that didn't return from a fishing trip Saturday. Will Bleakley and Nick Schuyler, both former University of South Florida players, were also aboard.

The identity of the man hanging on to the boat could not immediately be confirmed, but Marquis Cooper's cousin Ray Sanchez told FOX News it was Nick Schuyler

FOXNews.com - Overturned Boat Found in Search for NFL Players - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

I know it will upset you race baiters but it was a white man they found clinging to the side! The others all had life vests though we are told.

DEVELOPING: The Coast Guard has found an overturned boat with one person clinging to it in the search for missing NFL players.

Corey Smith, a free-agent defensive end who played for the Detroit Lions last season, and Marquis Cooper, an Oakland Raiders linebacker, are two of the four people aboard the boat that didn't return from a fishing trip Saturday. Will Bleakley and Nick Schuyler, both former University of South Florida players, were also aboard.

The identity of the man hanging on to the boat could not immediately be confirmed, but Marquis Cooper's cousin Ray Sanchez told FOX News it was Nick Schuyler

FOXNews.com - Overturned Boat Found in Search for NFL Players - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

I know it will upset you race baiters but it was a white man they found clinging to the side! The others all had life vests though we are told.
life vests don't save you from sharks! I hope they find all of them!

or the cold,,they are reporting though that the other guy is in pretty good condition so we can hope for a good outcome

or the cold,,they are reporting though that the other guy is in pretty good condition so we can hope for a good outcome
true! you wouldn't think of it being cold down there but I am sure it is in the ocean!

Update:

Three missing football players weren't wearing life jackets when their boat capsized in Florida waters after a sudden change in the weather, the Coast Guard said Tuesday.

Contrary to earlier reports, Coast Guard Capt. Timothy Close said the two missing NFL players and a third man — along with a fourth boater found alive on Monday — didn't have the vests on the moment they went overboard.

FOXNews.com - Missing Football Players Weren't Wearing Life Jackets When Boat Capsized, Coast Guard Says - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

This is going to turn out to be very sad news I'm afraid..

Still can't figure out why this is such important news. Boats capsize all the time and people in them often get hurt or go missing for a period before it's all sorted out ... so what?

Still can't figure out why this is such important news. Boats capsize all the time and people in them often get hurt or go missing for a period before it's all sorted out ... so what?

you need to set aside one day a month and mark it as "I will strive not to be an asshole today" day.. It matters because three young vibrant men are more than likely dead. It a human interest story.. Kerry on!

Um ... what about the others then? What makes these particular ones so much more important than all the others who fuck up and get hurt in an accident?

Possibly ... or more likely because they were "super stars" of some sort. However by placing all this attention on the occasional idiots just because of that just seems shallow and lame.

Possibly ... or more likely because they were "super stars" of some sort. However by placing all this attention on the occasional idiots just because of that just seems shallow and lame.

You may think it's lame but I do not. There are some people like myself that are grateful that Willow is keeping me updated on this HUMAN INTEREST story! If you think it's lame why enter the thread and post?

you shouldn't be so envious of the super star and the educated,, get up and go do something for yourself,, this bitterness is unbecoming.

Forum List

Back