Overpaid CEOs and Greedy Capitalists.. oh my!

President and Congress certainly aren't me.
thankfully since they are far smarter than you

AIG et al were bailed out using taxpayer money.

yes in a democracy to save us all from depression

The government stepped in and saved the "banker" from losing his ass. How is this form of capitalism ethical ?

it prevented depression!!! A child could understand. Do you know what a depression is??

Our own government LIED to us. I remember quite well the little bi-partisan meeting after Obama was elected but not yet president. The government literally stole taxpayers money.

actually money was paid back and we all avoided a certain depression. Do you read the papers???

Remind how " too big to fail" is part of capitalism".

dear, if its too big to fail it means its so big it will cause a depression if it fails. A depression is a bad thing, it is not a good thing?? Over your head??

why on earth would idiot liberals care what CEO's make??

Even if you stole half of what all the fortune 500 CEO's make it would run the government for about 8 hours!!!

half of what they make is about $3 billion per year, one bad decision can cost just WalMart alone (sales $500 billion) more than that!!

It seems CEO's are under paid if anything!!
It depends on the CEO. The average CEO makes $87,000/yr and earns every cent of it. I seriously doubt that most of the ones making over 25 million are worth the money they are paid.

dear, I just told you what they make is trivial considering that just one bad decision at Walmart can cost far more than all the fortune 500 CEO's make together!!

It would be stupid and negligent for Walmart not to find the very best person in the world and pay him whatever considering $500 billion in sales is at risk!! Ever heard of Sears?????

Its very much like A Rod getting $20 million. It makes sense, harms no one, helps everyone
and is a moral obligation of owners.
If CEO's contribution to the success of the business were as great as you seem to thing, I would agree with you. However, almost every study over decades shows that senior management compensation is almost completely unrelated to performance. These guys are not geniuses.

The problem is not the cost of the salary to the business but the philosophy behind making CEO's free agents with no long term commitment. They often make decisions that are not in the long term interest of the business but rather to generate quick profits. The insanely high incentives for a quick turnaround often leads to not just unethical, but often illegal activities.

What businesses need are not shooting starts guaranteeing quick turnarounds, but leaders that are committed to the long term success of the business.

The Insidious Effects of Sky-High CEO Pay | Roosevelt Institute
Why turnaround CEOs must race the clock - Fortune Management

It depends on the CEO. The average CEO makes $87,000/yr and earns every cent of it. I seriously doubt that most of the ones making over 25 million are worth the money they are paid.

dear, I just told you what they make is trivial considering that just one bad decision at Walmart can cost far more than all the fortune 500 CEO's make together!!

It would be stupid and negligent for Walmart not to find the very best person in the world and pay him whatever considering $500 billion in sales is at risk!! Ever heard of Sears?????

Its very much like A Rod getting $20 million. It makes sense, harms no one, helps everyone
and is a moral obligation of owners.
If CEO's contribution to the success of the business were as great as you seem to thing, I would agree with you. However, almost every study over decades shows that senior management compensation is almost completely unrelated to performance. These guys are not geniuses.

The problem is not the cost of the salary to the business but the philosophy behind making CEO's free agents with no long term commitment. They often make decisions that are not in the long term interest of the business but rather to generate quick profits. The insanely high incentives for a quick turnaround often leads to not just unethical, but often illegal activities.

What businesses need are not shooting starts guaranteeing quick turnarounds, but leaders that are committed to the long term success of the business.

The Insidious Effects of Sky-High CEO Pay | Roosevelt Institute
Why turnaround CEOs must race the clock - Fortune Management

We need ethical politicians too but that's an oxymoron. Power has corrupted and I fear there is nothing we can do about it.

President and Congress certainly aren't me.
thankfully since they are far smarter than you

AIG et al were bailed out using taxpayer money.

yes in a democracy to save us all from depression

it prevented depression!!! A child could understand. Do you know what a depression is??

Our own government LIED to us. I remember quite well the little bi-partisan meeting after Obama was elected but not yet president. The government literally stole taxpayers money.

actually money was paid back and we all avoided a certain depression. Do you read the papers???

Remind how " too big to fail" is part of capitalism".

dear, if its too big to fail it means its so big it will cause a depression if it fails. A depression is a bad thing, it is not a good thing?? Over your head??

Credit----you know that stuff that's not really money ? Well the Fed should have NEVER ISSUED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE. That's how the whole thing started. The big boys played Old Maid with the atoxic papers til someone got busted. Getting robbed is not over my head. I'm supposed to be grateful that the government saved me from a situation they caused be stealig from me ??

There is no such thing as earning too much money in the private sector.

Sure, but we need to examine the word "earning".

If a Corporation dumps $10 million into lobbying for tax breaks, and gets them (while the little guys don't), and saves $100 million as a result...

...did they "earn" those dollars ethically?

Is there something to be said about that?

That's more an indictment of our corrupt politicians than corporations.

A reasonable paraphrase of your statement is it is okay to buy corrupt politicos.

In your world is it okay to buy pussy but not okay to sell it?

Would you prosecute spies for buying information?

Where are you on buyers of illegal drugs?

Last edited:
If CEO's contribution to the success of the business were as great as you seem to think

too completely 100% stupid, and liberal !! A CEO is 100% responsible for success. Walmart is not Sears because Walmart made better decisions!! It resulted in $trillions more in sales for the tiny few $millions the CEO's earned.

And, if libturd idiots stole all the money from top CEO's it would not run the government for half a day so why on earth do you care about something so trivial about which you are 100% ignorant????????????

See why we say liberals are 100% worthless?

Last edited:
People are worth whatever someone else is willing to pay for em in capitalism.

right, but liberals lack the IQ to understand freedom and so would rather the smart folks in government set all prices and wages in perfect soviet style

Those Kings were rich, right?
They got rich by socializing cost and privatizing profit.
Not unlike some of today's corporate royalty.

"The ratio of CEO-to-worker pay has increased 1,000 percent since 1950, according to data from Bloomberg. Today Fortune 500 CEOs make 204 times regular workers on average, Bloomberg found. The ratio is up from 120-to-1 in 2000, 42-to-1 in 1980 and 20-to-1 in 1950."

Are you worth a thousand times more than you were in 1950?

CEO-To-Worker Pay Ratio Ballooned 1,000 Percent Since 1950: Report

A small handful of CEOs are paid at that level, which is distorted via the tax code due to expensing of stock options.

Kings didn't privatize profit and socialize risk...they were The State. Everyone else was in a subservient/feudal relationship. To think a CEO is a king is absolute nonsense (except, of course, to Larry Ellison).

right, but liberals lack the IQ to understand freedom and so would rather the smart folks in government set all prices and wages in perfect soviet style

What do you expect from people who were raised by parents who, when their kids got Cs and Ds, likely complained to and berated the teachers instead of making their kids do their homework?

The "smart" people in government told us nothing was wrong with Fannie Mae too.

exactly, thats why conservatives prefer capitalism wherein the market rules rather than smart people in Washington.

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow and when to reap, we should soon want bread." -Jefferson, the first Republican

The "smart" people in government told us nothing was wrong with Fannie Mae too.

exactly, thats why conservatives prefer capitalism wherein the market rules rather than smart people in Washington.

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow and when to reap, we should soon want bread." -Jefferson, the first Republican

But Washington cheats and lies because they all want money. They are in bed together and it's been common knowledge for decades.

But Washington cheats and lies because they all want money. They are in bed together and it's been common knowledge for decades.

exactly why Republicans since Jefferson have wanted to limit government power. Isn't learning fun??

exactly why Republicans since Jefferson have wanted to limit government power. Isn't learning fun??

What learning ? This has been known for decades. Even Ma and Pa Kettle figgered it out. The politicians and money folks are in cahoots--we loose.

What learning ? This has been known for decades. Even Ma and Pa Kettle figgered it out. The politicians and money folks are in cahoots--we loose.

dear, you mean we lose as long as Democrats make Washington
powerful enough that everyone wants to be in cahoots with them and win if enough Republicans are elected to reverse the process.

powerful enough that everyone wants to be in cahoots with them and win if enough Republicans are elected to reverse the process.

They're both the same. That's the learning our country needs to do.

very stupid of course. Republicans sign the pledge. Democrats don't.

Sure, but we need to examine the word "earning".

If a Corporation dumps $10 million into lobbying for tax breaks, and gets them (while the little guys don't), and saves $100 million as a result...

...did they "earn" those dollars ethically?

Is there something to be said about that?

That's more an indictment of our corrupt politicians than corporations.

A reasonable paraphrase of your statement is it is okay to buy corrupt politicos.

In your world is it okay to buy pussy but not okay to sell it?

Would you prosecute spies for buying information?

Where are you on buyers of illegal drugs?

It's not illegal to ask anyone for favors. The person who accepts the bribe is more guilty especially when they are supposed to be representing us.

In my world of 2 consenting adults wanted to enter into a monetary transaction for sex it would be none of my business.

Again the person selling the info is more guilty than the spy IMHO.

very stupid of course. Republicans sign the pledge. Democrats don't.

LOL not worth the paper----Please don't tell me that you have fallen for the ploy that only Republicans are rich and kowtow to the banksters.

Forum List

Back