Overly Friendly Strange Neighbor????

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
How would you handle the unwanted following of a creepy strange neighbor, who doesn't seem to be able to take several polite hints? What ever I do I have to live next to this person, so I need to be stealthy if possible. It's now to the point that I am afraid to go in my backyard pool, sit on my deck, mow the lawn......etc

Bonnie said:
How would you handle the unwanted following of a creepy strange neighbor, who doesn't seem to be able to take several polite hints? What ever I do I have to live next to this person, so I need to be stealthy if possible. It's now to the point that I am afraid to go in my backyard pool, sit on my deck, mow the lawn......etc

Hmmm, could be a touchy situation. Hopefully he's just a creepy guy, who has the hots for you, and nothing more. What sort of hints have you dropped?

gop_jeff said:
Plant a hedge around the borders of your property. Make sure the bushes grow at least seven feet tall.

I don't think that would solve the problem at least for now but thanks, I might just do that anyway...

Said1 said:
Hmmm, could be a touchy situation. Hopefully he's just a creepy guy, who has the hots for you, and nothing more. What sort of hints have you dropped?

It is touchy because I don't want to anger him either...And he is extremely creepy. Usually I just cut him off subtly by saying there goes my phone, and go inside but Im getting tired of being a prisoner in my home.

Bonnie said:
It is touchy because I don't want to anger him either...And he is extremely creepy. Usually I just cut him off subtly by saying there goes my phone, and go inside but Im getting tired of being a prisoner in my home.

I get bothered by a lot of drunks stumbling home from this scuzzy bar at the end of my street. Some are ok, but some are annoying, dirty and really smelly. If I'm gardening or doing something with kids, I usually say "I'm busy, have a nice day", or "I'm trying to do something and I can't talk, see ya around ok". Some take offense, but they move on, and tend to just nod the next time they see me. Some of the hookers can be really bothersome since they like to talk to my daughter and the other kids. They tend to be high as kites, and can get really nasty - I'm more afraid of them than some of the drunks.

you'll have to be more specific...he's creepy because he's been caught on your property looking in your windows? Or you mean that everytime you're outside he talks to you?

If it's the former, call the darn police.

If it's the latter, have a prop near you....like an ipod or a magazine or your cell phone or your daughter/son. You can always tell him that your attention span is limited because you have to listen, read, pay attention, etc.

Kind of like the way you would for the guy next to you on the airplane!

Mr. P said:
A nice fence works well...

Privacy fence. Hedges would take at least a couple of years to grow up high enough to block your yard from his view.

of course you could always :blowup: Just Kidding!!

Bonnie said:
several polite hints?
this would seem to be the prob. some people just dont, or dont want to "get it". if angers him so be it. if nothing else works, split his nuts with your shoe

Moi said:
you'll have to be more specific...he's creepy because he's been caught on your property looking in your windows? Or you mean that everytime you're outside he talks to you?

If it's the former, call the darn police.

If it's the latter, have a prop near you....like an ipod or a magazine or your cell phone or your daughter/son. You can always tell him that your attention span is limited because you have to listen, read, pay attention, etc.

Kind of like the way you would for the guy next to you on the airplane!

He is creepy in that everything about him oozes creepiness, you know, that vibe you get from someone that sends a chill down your spine? It's the way he talks, the content of the conversations he brings up, he asks a lot of nosey questions, and seems to always be there as soon as I stick my foot out the door. And he is lost at taking hints.

I have installed an alarm so I feel safe inside, but it's outside that is the problem for me. If I contact the police Im afraid of angering him, plus he hasn't broken any laws, so it's a mute point. Im going to have to get creative on this one.

Bonnie said:
He is creepy in that everything about him oozes creepiness, you that vibe you get from someone that sends a chill down your spine? It's the way he talks, the content of the conversations he brings up, he asks a lot of nosey questions, and seems to always be there as soon as I stick my foot out the door. And he is lost at taking hints.

I have installed an alarm so I feel safe inside, but it's outside that is the problem for me. If I contact the police Im afraid of angering him, plus he hasn't broken any laws, so it's a mute point. Im going to have to get creative on this one.

Sorry to hear of your plight. I don't know what to do. I have exactly one of those too. He stands outside & just stares at me. And I'm no beauty. Once, in the wee hours of the morning, when I'd just gotten off from work, he came over & knocked on my door. I didn't answer it. I ask Musicman go out on the porch if he's outside when I unload groceries. I also have a garage I work in sometimes late at night. He EVER comes in & I'll lay him to cool, ask questions later.

I'd be interested in comments/suggestions, too!

Oh Bonnie, and here I thought I was the ONLY one with a creepy neighbor. Now Sandy I do believe had the pleasures of seeing my Neighbor the Marshall-wanta-be. Talk about creepy and living behind closed doors, he takes the cake. I know what it's like to not want to, lay outside, go in pool, mow the lawn, or even just get the mail. This man is a security guard, much shorter than me, red nose, scaly head (from heavy drinking) and I tell you an armed security guard, yet, he let's everyone think he's a US Marshall.. I have had this man touch me, to the point that I nearly knocked him on his ass, to "boy you sure are so pretty" YUK!!!!!! my dog looks better than him. I have had him approach me asking why I might have sat on the porch with tears, or why couldn't I get the mower going, which shows, the man is constantly at his window. I finally got myself a police scanner and would listen to this dope on the phone. He really got me pissed off enough when he yelled at my Son, that I finally had enough and told his ass off and I mean told him off, to the point that i heard him call his boss and tell him what a nasty bitch I was! hahahaha! It got so bad that I would just wave to the window that I knew he would be watching from so that he knew I knew he was there. After 5 years of this, I realized, nothing is going to change this retard, so I gave up, but wasn't going to allow him to keep me a prisioner. I go about my business, and when I see him, I comment on little things that has him walk away, like "gee, your looking a little red around the nose today, having some drinks? just little dabs at him, that i know get to him too. It's either deal with it, or like others said, put up a fence, shrubs, or tell asshole off, or move! and moving isn't the easiest thing. BTW - the woman he lives with is even creepier than him, she's VERY HEAVY, no teeth, well, Sandy, you have seen her, something from on of her famous pics! haha!

I know now too they are scared to death of my dog, so, when I go outside, I make sure the dog is out with me, keeps them away completely.

Bonnie said:
How would you handle the unwanted following of a creepy strange neighbor, who doesn't seem to be able to take several polite hints?

Well, you understand that several polite hints isn't working. If it bothers you that much, take the next step. Be blunt.

Hahahaha yeah she was priceless the guys would have loved that fattie !

janeeng said:
I know now too they are scared to death of my dog, so, when I go outside, I make sure the dog is out with me, keeps them away completely.
i got a huge brain fart on this one....lol
for a minute i thought to myself... "they are afraid of jerome?" then reality hit and my mind caught up with me.... duh...lol

Joz:

"He stands outside & just looks at me. And I'm no beauty."

Joz is pullin' your leg. She's a knockout!

Bonnie said:
He is creepy in that everything about him oozes creepiness, you know, that vibe you get from someone that sends a chill down your spine? It's the way he talks, the content of the conversations he brings up, he asks a lot of nosey questions, and seems to always be there as soon as I stick my foot out the door. And he is lost at taking hints.

Bonnie, I'm sorry that you've found yourself in this situation. Let's examine this guy for a moment. Whether through ignorance or by design, he is rude and intrusive. He is using your gentleness and concern for the feelings of others against you, and he's forcing you to alter your life. This is intolerable. HE's the one who's screwed up, not you. Maybe he doesn't know any better. Then again, maybe he's enjoying the power he knows he holds over you. It doesn't matter. Claim your life. Rudeness is his language - his coin of the realm. He has made it OK in his head to screw with your enjoyment of life. Fine. Speak to him in his language. It's all he understands; it's all he deserves. Save your sweetness for people who will not pervert or deliberately misinterpret it. Be as blunt and rude with him as he has been with you.

Forum List

Back