overall white people don't have it in them to hire the best person for the job

I'm wondering if those upscale restaurants took into consideration the Caribbean and Ebonics accents of their black applicants. I'm guessing in an upscale New York restaurant elocution might be a BIG factor in hiring decisions.
http://www.lfuchrc.org/publications/publications/article.pdf

studies continue to show overall white people dont have it in them. A white high school graduate under 25 has a better chance than black college graduate at finding a job.

I'm not reading a 14 page .pdf to argue with you...

That's assuming that a black college graduate can do, or is even interested in doing the job they were hired to do.

Black workers, those few who are interested in making it on merit, are caught in an affirmative action trap. It is assumed that they are poor performers who made it through on one or other affirmative action program. It was once said that a black person had to be twice as good as a white person to advance. Unfortunately today a black person not only has to be twice as good as a white person, but has to be good enough and fight hard enough to rise above the affirmative action swamp. And, they have to do this in an environment where the employer isn't at all sure that the black employee won't find a reason to sue them and take a short cut to retirement.

We should be a Color-Blind Society by now. But some don't ever want to see that happen. There's too much money & votes at stake. For many, racial division is just good for business. No one should be labelled an 'African American','Hispanic American','Asian American', etc. etc...We are all Americans. We have evolved enough to throw away the labels that only divide us. So it's time to do that.

Last edited:
Why is this drivel posted in the politics forum? I could swear that we have a forum set aside for race baiting. Perhaps the OP is not astute enough to understand why there are so many sections to this board?

We should be a Color-Blind Society by now. But some don't ever want to see that happen. There's too much money & votes at stake. For many, racial division is just good for business. No one should be labelled an 'African American','Hispanic American','Asian American', etc. etc...We are all Americans. We have evolved enough to throw away the labels that only divide us. So it's time to do that.

We're still having massive parades celebrating Irish-Americans, magnificent feasts celebrating Italian-Americans and Polish-Americans. And you know what? The culture that those people, and those you mentioned, added to the melting pot which is American culture, is the richer for it. I'm curious why you selected those few groups you did.

No, it's not that most Americans also include those traditions of their ancestory as part of who they are that causes problems. The problem is there are still bigots among us, who see our multiculturist heritage as a threat.

We're still having massive parades celebrating Irish-Americans, magnificent feasts celebrating Italian-Americans and Polish-Americans. And you know what? The culture that those people, and those you mentioned, added to the melting pot which is American culture, is the richer for it. I'm curious why you selected those few groups you did.

No, it's not that most Americans also include those traditions of their ancestory as part of who they are that causes problems. The problem is there are still bigots among us, who see our multiculturist heritage as a threat.

Parades and Government Policy are two very different things. Apples & Oranges for sure. There is no longer any need to label Americans 'African American','White American','Hispanic American' and so on and so on. Those labels only serve to permanently divide us. But i guess that's what many want. Racial Division is big money & big politics. Some don't ever want to let it go. And that's just very sad.

It should be that simple. Racism should be dealt with when it rears it's ugly head, but too many false claims hurt the real victims.

The Dems love dividing us into groups, then pitting each group against each other. Seems they need to tell Hispanics that other groups are their enemies and that government is the only entity that can protect them.

I hate labels and prefer simply "Americans", but the libs don't agree. I have heard Repubs called out for not addressing this or that group. I would think that adressing their fellow citizens covers everyone and it's sad that libs don't see it that way. They speak in a different manner depending on which group they are talking to. That ensures that people stay divided, not united.

And since non-citizens are not Americans and should not be a factor in how any elected official governs, there is no need to address them unless it's to educate them on our immigration laws.

Parades and Government Policy are two very different things. Apples & Oranges for sure. There is no longer any need to label Americans 'African American','White American','Hispanic American' and so on and so on. Those labels only serve to permanently divide us. But i guess that's what many want. Racial Division is big money & big politics. Some don't ever want to let it go. And that's just very sad.

Looks to me as if this (the first one) was a test of a particular industry and it's discriminatory hiring pratices, not government policy.

It's pretty standard stuff and not a shock for anyone in the resturaunt business. Mostly white waitstaff, black and hispanics in the back of the house. No it's not always the case and in the last 20 year it has gotten better, but it still exist.

Its a drop dead cinche that very few aspects of our society are really meritocracies.

Professional sports and entertainment are about the most meritocractic industries in this nation.

You are the manager. You have two candidates for a waiter position, one white one black. Waiters are notoriously unreliable anyway. If the guy craps out you'll have to fire him.
If you fire the white guy he won't be happy, badmouth you to his friends and be a memory in 10 days.
If you fire the black guy he wont be happy, badmouth you to his friends and sue you for racial discrimination.

Which one do you hire?

Just drop the labels, and America can move forward. There are no 'African Americans','Asian Americans', or 'White Americans'. There are only Americans. It's time we evolve and end all this Government-sanctioned racial division. The labels are only causing more division & anger. I know some want that though. But it is wrong.

Just drop the labels, and America can move forward. There are no 'African Americans','Asian Americans', or 'White Americans'. There are only Americans. It's time we evolve and end all this Government-sanctioned racial division. The labels are only causing more division & anger. I know some want that though. But it is wrong.

The issue is that there is a professional minority grievance industry in this country that would be shut down if we did that.
Yes, how do we move to a non-racial society by mentioning race every time, or collecting it on gov't data. First move would be to outlaw asking for racial data on any gov't form.

Why do white people encourage everyone ELSE to drop their heritage? Italians, Irish, Jewish etc all have rich heritages that no one expect for them to get rid of. But dont let a black person or latino person have any of that. They should just be called Americans.

overall white people don't have it in them to hire the best person for the job

I've seen racism in every race that would lead to this in some places, and not just simply in white people.

Worked in an upscale LA restaurant as a line chef, and the waitering staff was all black as was the maître d'. Any mexican or white that tried to get a job in that section could forget it and they bluntly said so to us because we'd sometimes refer people to them.

Not to pick on blacks, just my clearest example at the moment.

Last edited:

The issue is that there is a professional minority grievance industry in this country that would be shut down if we did that.
Yes, how do we move to a non-racial society by mentioning race every time, or collecting it on gov't data. First move would be to outlaw asking for racial data on any gov't form.

that wouldnt stop the unfair hiring practices noted in the OP

Forum List

Back