Over The Top?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,162795,00.html

Tancredo: If They Nuke Us, Bomb Mecca
Monday, July 18, 2005

DENVER — A Colorado congressman told a radio show host that the U.S. could "take out" Islamic holy sites if Muslim fundamentalist terrorists attacked the country with nuclear weapons.

Rep. Tom Tancredo (search) made his remarks Friday on WFLA-AM in Orlando, Fla. His spokesman stressed he was only speaking hypothetically.

Talk show host Pat Campbell (search) asked the Littleton Republican how the country should respond if terrorists struck several U.S. cities with nuclear weapons.

"Well, what if you said something like — if this happens in the United States, and we determine that it is the result of extremist, fundamentalist Muslims, you know, you could take out their holy sites," Tancredo answered.

"You're talking about bombing Mecca," Campbell said.

"Yeah," Tancredo responded.

The congressman later said he was "just throwing out some ideas" and that an "ultimate threat" might have to be met with an "ultimate response."

Spokesman Will Adams said Sunday the four-term congressman doesn't support threatening holy Islamic sites but that Tancredo was grappling with the hypothetical situation of a terrorist strike deadlier than the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

"We have an enemy with no uniform, no state, who looks like you and me and only emerges right before an attack. How do we go after someone like that?" Adams said.

"What is near and dear to them? They're willing to sacrifice everything in this world for the next one. What is the pressure point that would deter them from their murderous impulses?" he said.

Tancredo is known in the House for his tough stand on immigration and had a 100 percent rating last year from the American Conservative Union (search) his votes and positions on issues.

Mohammad Noorzai, coordinator of the Colorado Muslim Council (search) and a native of Afghanistan, said Tancredo's remarks were radical and unrepresentative but that people in Tancredo's position need to watch their words when it comes to sacred religious sites and texts.

I saw that earlier. What an incredibly stupid idea. Even though a similar thought has been expressed by a guest on the Wacko Hannity show.

Obviously, this doofus does not realize how devoted Muslims are to religion. You don't see Christians praying five times a day or abstaining from alcohol. Attacking Mecca would infuriate even the most passive of Muslims. It would also infuriate other like religions. Untold MILLIONS of Americans and other westerners would die. Because of a few wackos going overboard.

Gabriella84 said:
I saw that earlier. What an incredibly stupid idea. Even though a similar thought has been expressed by a guest on the Wacko Hannity show.

Obviously, this doofus does not realize how devoted Muslims are to religion. You don't see Christians praying five times a day or abstaining from alcohol. Attacking Mecca would infuriate even the most passive of Muslims. It would also infuriate other like religions. Untold MILLIONS of Americans and other westerners would die. Because of a few wackos going overboard.

Are you conscious?

By your implication, if we are attacked by nukes, we should not retaliate for fear of pissing them off?

I already don't care who we piss off, and I sure as Hell won't care if they detonate nukes in this country. Have you not even enough common sense to think of your own survival?

Gabriella84 said:

Got a better target?

Gabriella84 said:

It's a great idea... if the libs and muslims wanna fight after that - BRING IT...

I know we're armed and ready to defend our own...

Even my kids are being trained with rifles and hand-guns...

That would be akin to nuking Bethlehem if a Timothy McVeigh copy-cat nuked an American target, or obliterating the Ganges river for another Air India disaster.

The suggestion is beyond misthought, it's un-moral, un-Christian and definitely un-human.

Isaac Brock said:
That would be akin to nuking Bethlehem if a Timothy McVeigh copy-cat nuked an American target, or obliterating the Ganges river for another Air India disaster.

The suggestion is beyond misthought, it's un-moral, un-Christian and definitely un-human.

Spoken like a true Canadian Liberal my moderatin' brutha... :D

Too bad that school of thought doesn't work when fighting an enemy...

So we're just supposed to sit back like a bunch of candy-asses and take it up the shorts? Wow, there's an original idea.....

Perhaps, where the terrorists are hiding out?

Once again, you are implicating an entire religion based on the actions of a few radicals. If a Mexican national explodes a bomb somewhere, would you nuke Mexico City? If the guy is Catholic, should we nuke the Vatican?

Quit being blinded by hatred. You are starting to think like bin Laden.

Gabriella84 said:
Once again, you are implicating an entire religion based on the actions of a few radicals. If a Mexican national explodes a bomb somewhere, would you nuke Mexico City? If the guy is Catholic, should we nuke the Vatican?

It's the only religion I know of that teaches its followers to "Kill the Infadel" - i.e. all of Western Civilization... somehow your lame examples don't fall into the same fold of things...

The Quran requires that they kill the infidel, or, non-Muslim. If you fit that description then you're dead meat.

Gabriella84 said:
Perhaps, where the terrorists are hiding out?

About the time people such as yourself figure out that it has nothing to do with blind hatred and EVERYTHING to do with hitting them where it hurts, we might just win this little fight.

They don't care if we kill them. We have to kill to what they care for before they are going to rethink their strategy. After all, what are they doing to us? Hitting us where we are weak and where it hurts. Try thinking logically instead of ideologically.

-Cp said:
It's a great idea... if the libs and muslims wanna fight after that - BRING IT...

I know we're armed and ready to defend our own...

Even my kids are being trained with rifles and hand-guns...

Jeezus!! You are a freakin American terrorist! You have your own version of Al-Qaeda going. And training your kids to kill people? What a pathetically sick person you are. You need mental help.

Gabriella84 said:
Jeezus!! You are a freakin American terrorist! You have your own version of Al-Qaeda going. And training your kids to kill people? What a pathetically sick person you are. You need mental help.

You are a blind fool. Pretending these people don't want to destroy us and our civilization just paints a target on your chest.

Gabriella84 said:

Yeah, that's it - <a href="http://www.nra.org/" target=_Blank">We're</a> all terrorists....

I can see how teaching your kids Gun Safety and self defense is terrorism.... sure.... :rolleyes:

-Cp said:
Spoken like a true Canadian Liberal my moderatin' brutha... :D

Too bad that school of thought doesn't work when fighting an enemy...

So we're just supposed to sit back like a bunch of candy-asses and take it up the shorts? Wow, there's an original idea.....

If me valuing the lives of innocents makes me a liberal, than I hate to see what would be suggested as the definition of conservative.

There are peaceful, productive and friendly Muslims out there. There can be no excuse to find them guilty because of the sins of extremists. That's not justice, it is genocide.

The concept of "Enemy" you suggest is too broad, though ironically when groups send out the battle cry to make all Muslims the enemy, that is indeed what they will become. Hate begets hate, and they will have their war.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness in a descending spiral of destruction....The chain reaction of evil -- hate begetting hate, wars producing more wars -- must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation.
-MLK

OK, I am finished now. I keep imagining Sarge as Snake Pliskin in Escape From New York. cp is the guy who stands tall against terrorism...until he meets one.

Isaac Brock said:
If me valuing the lives of innocents makes me a liberal, than I hate to see what would be suggested as the definition of conservative.

There are peaceful, productive and friendly Muslims out there. There can be no excuse to find them guilty because of the sins of extremists. That's not justice, it is genocide.

Really? Name some.... and how do you REALLY KNOW they are peaceful? How do you know they're not "all in it together"? Did you know that close to 5% of Muslims are "claimed" to be extreme? That's 65 MILLION!

What about valuing the lives of AMERICANS?

Forum List

Back