Over-populated?

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Think our world is becoming overpopulated? (Libs, feel free to chime in with your usual rhetoric) - here are some interesting facts:

<li>If the entire population of the world were put into the land area of Texas, each person would have an area equal to the floor space of a typical U.S. home and the population density of Texas would be about the same as Paris, France.

<li>In 1988, China had a population of 409 people per square mile and gross domestic product per capita of $320, while Hong Kong, with a population density more than 450 times greater, had a per capita GDP of $8,260.

-Cp said:
Think our world is becoming overpopulated? (Libs, feel free to chime in with your usual rhetoric) - here are some interesting facts:

<li>If the entire population of the world were put into the land area of Texas, each person would have an area equal to the floor space of a typical U.S. home and the population density of Texas would be about the same as Paris, France.

<li>In 1988, China had a population of 409 people per square mile and gross domestic product per capita of $320, while Hong Kong, with a population density more than 450 times greater, had a per capita GDP of $8,260.

Could you please use some other tract of land for your comparison? People might get ideas. :laugh:

Europe and Australia are below replacement levels right now, so if things don't change they definitally will not be over-populated.

Trigg said:
Australia wouldn't be so bad if EVERYTHING wasn't poisonous.
It sure is cheap down under... A friend lives outside Melbourne and he has a very nice place overlooking the ocean and he paid less for it than I did my house that stares at neighbors less than 15' away on all sides...

dilloduck said:
Great Whites are not TECHNICALLY poisonous :teeth:

Ok, I should have said. Not only is everything poisonous but they also have great whites and crocodiles.

My Aunt went there and loved it, I wouldn't mind visiting.

They are worried about population, they've started paying people to have babies :baby:

Forum List

Back