Over 90% of American voters are incapable of critical thinking.

I consider myself a student of American history. I love the story of the revolution, the hope and courage the founding men and women had and their prayer of a free society. And then...I look at us today, and all I can feel is pity. Not pity for you, but pity for the men and women whose blood, sweat, tears, and even bodies are lost to the flow of history; those that worked to make you free, and me free, and possibly all other peoples free. And then I look at today. I look at over 90% of voters who choose to vote for their own slavery. These people who vote to have an unjust ruling class subjugate the fruits of their labor at gun point. These people who vote to have an unjust ruling class dictate what they do with their own bodies...I could go on. Where is the desire to be free? Why have 90% of Americans instead chosen to be babied by a ruling class who does not give one shit about them, and only about themselves and staying in power? Why is it so hard to understand, that if you vote for a republican or a democrat you are voting to hurt yourself, your family, and those you love? Why...pray tell, are you so fucking stupid?

Why? Our unjust ruling class is a lot better than that of other countries. If you are so smart, why don't you move to China or Russia or Germany or Zambia or Fiji?

Liberty has become a fucking moron.

In fairness, they tried Liberty's form of government once in America.

It was a place called Deadwood. Didn't work out so well.

LOL

The Ron Paulbots and the Gary Johnsonbots all say the same thing, if you don't vote for our guy, you don't think for yourself.

Does this make sense, really? Agree with me, or you don't think for yourself. Unless you come to the same conclusion I have, you aren't critically thinking.

Strawman.

The argument is that if you don't vote for the candidates with the best policies for liberty and prosperity, you either hate freedom and prosperity or you have failed to research properly and do not understand economics, history, and political theory and instead believe what the media tells you.

Can someone consider the Paul/Johnson policies and positions and find that they are so wrong that they don't deserve a vote?

It'd be nice if 90% of the population actually had the knowledge and critical thinking required to actually critique Gary Johnsons policies and positions. But they don't. In fact, I doubt even you can dismantle Johnsons platform.

The Ron Paulbots and the Gary Johnsonbots all say the same thing, if you don't vote for our guy, you don't think for yourself.

Does this make sense, really? Agree with me, or you don't think for yourself. Unless you come to the same conclusion I have, you aren't critically thinking.

Strawman.

The argument is that if you don't vote for the candidates with the best policies for liberty and prosperity, you either hate freedom and prosperity or you have failed to research properly and do not understand economics, history, and political theory and instead believe what the media tells you.

Can someone consider the Paul/Johnson policies and positions and find that they are so wrong that they don't deserve a vote?

It'd be nice if 90% of the population actually had the knowledge and critical thinking required to actually critique Gary Johnsons policies and positions. But they don't. In fact, I doubt even you can dismantle Johnsons platform.

Anarchy is a platform?

LOL

I consider myself a student of American history. I love the story of the revolution, the hope and courage the founding men and women had and their prayer of a free society. And then...I look at us today, and all I can feel is pity. Not pity for you, but pity for the men and women whose blood, sweat, tears, and even bodies are lost to the flow of history; those that worked to make you free, and me free, and possibly all other peoples free. And then I look at today. I look at over 90% of voters who choose to vote for their own slavery. These people who vote to have an unjust ruling class subjugate the fruits of their labor at gun point. These people who vote to have an unjust ruling class dictate what they do with their own bodies...I could go on. Where is the desire to be free? Why have 90% of Americans instead chosen to be babied by a ruling class who does not give one shit about them, and only about themselves and staying in power? Why is it so hard to understand, that if you vote for a republican or a democrat you are voting to hurt yourself, your family, and those you love? Why...pray tell, are you so <Stage II Freudian reference omitted> <prejudicial preoccupation with intelligence reference omitted>?
My silver-star, WWI Grandpa would be offended if he saw your post. He was the vision of an American who believed in his fellow man. He knew that if his buddies suffered wounds, lost a limb, suffered a concussion from being hit on his helmet hard with one of the Kaiser's bullets, he would be back home and lived his life serving his fellow's needs for the rest of his long and good life, and he taught loved ones in his family to do likewise, much to our enrichment. He believed in God and studied his laws day and night, praising God in song and faithfulness every day, after he retired.

He was a doer, as are many of the people who post here, on both sides of the aisle. America is a good place, it's a place where we can talk to each other and resolve issues over the negotiations table.

I'm truly sorry this president squandered his capacity for negotiations for going behind people's backs after he agreed with them and doing just the opposite "My Way" style. But he did those things all by himself, and he's getting ousted from his job in less than a month for incompetence. I wish our first black president had been competent, had been a uniter, had been for all of the people and had not been for enemies, for humiliating the American people every time he went abroad, telling his apologies for people who died 6 generations or more ago, and he has no intention of negotiating now or ever, although he says he does in his speeches, just like he promised to cut the deficit in half, but had more spending up his sleeve than a leopard has spots.

Strawman.

You should learn the actual definitions to words before you use them, because katz actually makes a very good point, for once in his life. His characterization of Liberty's argument is spot on.

Actually, that would be the straw man, if anything is.

I doubt you can dismantle the plank in your eye. But I suggest you do so. Because you're being just a much of a partisan hack as any die hard party-centric Republican or Democrat.

Strawman.

Anarchy is a platform?

LOL

If GOVERNOR Gary Johnson was an Anarchist then he would have dismantled the New Mexico government while in office. Libertarians support small/limited government, not zero government.

Also, yes, Anarchy is a full fledged political philosophy of its own. You wouldn't know that because you don't study political theory.

Strawman.

Anarchy is a platform?

LOL

If GOVERNOR Gary Johnson was an Anarchist then he would have dismantled the New Mexico government while in office. Libertarians support small/limited government, not zero government.

Also, yes, Anarchy is a full fledged political philosophy of its own. You wouldn't know that because you don't study political theory.

Gary Johnson was a Republican Governor.

When are you guys going to stop hiding under our skirts?

I consider myself a student of American history. I love the story of the revolution, the hope and courage the founding men and women had and their prayer of a free society. And then...I look at us today, and all I can feel is pity. Not pity for you, but pity for the men and women whose blood, sweat, tears, and even bodies are lost to the flow of history; those that worked to make you free, and me free, and possibly all other peoples free. And then I look at today. I look at over 90% of voters who choose to vote for their own slavery. These people who vote to have an unjust ruling class subjugate the fruits of their labor at gun point. These people who vote to have an unjust ruling class dictate what they do with their own bodies...I could go on. Where is the desire to be free? Why have 90% of Americans instead chosen to be babied by a ruling class who does not give one shit about them, and only about themselves and staying in power? Why is it so hard to understand, that if you vote for a republican or a democrat you are voting to hurt yourself, your family, and those you love? Why...pray tell, are you so <Stage II Freudian reference omitted> <prejudicial preoccupation with intelligence reference omitted>?
My silver-star, WWI Grandpa would be offended if he saw your post. He was the vision of an American who believed in his fellow man. He knew that if his buddies suffered wounds, lost a limb, suffered a concussion from being hit on his helmet hard with one of the Kaiser's bullets, he would be back home and lived his life serving his fellow's needs for the rest of his long and good life, and he taught loved ones in his family to do likewise, much to our enrichment. He believed in God and studied his laws day and night, praising God in song and faithfulness every day, after he retired.

He was a doer, as are many of the people who post here, on both sides of the aisle. America is a good place, it's a place where we can talk to each other and resolve issues over the negotiations table.

I'm truly sorry this president squandered his capacity for negotiations for going behind people's backs after he agreed with them and doing just the opposite "My Way" style. But he did those things all by himself, and he's getting ousted from his job in less than a month for incompetence. I wish our first black president had been competent, had been a uniter, had been for all of the people and had not been for enemies, for humiliating the American people every time he went abroad, telling his apologies for people who died 6 generations or more ago, and he has no intention of negotiating now or ever, although he says he does in his speeches, just like he promised to cut the deficit in half, but had more spending up his sleeve than a leopard has spots.

Care to cite a difference between Romney and Obama in their respective platforms that are enough to improve the country in any significant way?

Care to cite a difference between Romney and Obama in their respective platforms that are enough to improve the country in any significant way?

You stated that as if you considered Libertarian anarchy as a real-world alternative.

LOL

What is your definition of working?

Why can't you answer the simple question?

Name some cities.

I can't unless you explain your question better...the term "working" in this case I am afraid is subjective, so please define it and I will answer.

Fuck you.

Give us some real examples of where your preferred form of government has every been successful in the history of mankind.

Last edited:
I don't think you're a very good student.

If you were, you'd know the founding generation weren't as concerned with personal freedom as they were with establishing a country free of control by a government far away from them and not necessarily concerned with their interests. In other words, they thought the personal freedom they had was fine. They just wanted to control it.

Great. Thanks for the lesson! Care to add anything in relation to the actual main idea of the topic?

You seem to believe conservatism is the key to successful government.

It isn't.

Conservatism is the result of low-effort thought. It's what happens when public policy issues are filtered through ignorance or laziness. That should be a warning to anyone who wants to understand the administration of American institutions. When an administrator claims to be a conservative, expect him to be incompetent. Expect him to be appallingly ignorant of well-established principles of the sciences most important to public policy administration.

Strawman.

You should learn the actual definitions to words before you use them, because katz actually makes a very good point, for once in his life. His characterization of Liberty's argument is spot on.

False. His statement was a strawman. Neither me nor Liberty have engaged in such fallacious reasoning.

Actually, that would be the straw man, if anything is.

False. If someone supports a candidate who OPENLY supports fascist policies like NDAA, Patriot Act, Cybersecurity Act, spy drones invading Americans and drones bombing civilians in the Middle East, and they vote against Gary Johnson who opposes all that, then that person either is willfully ignorant or willfully fascist.

I doubt you can dismantle the plank in your eye. But I suggest you do so. Because you're being just a much of a partisan hack as any die hard party-centric Republican or Democrat.

Oh look, a moderate who likes tyranny from the left and the right.

If I was party-centric, then how is it that I simultaneously support Ron Paul, Noam Chomsky, and Ralph Nader? None of these listed are from the Libertarian Party. In fact, Gary Johnson is the first person from the Libertarian Party that I have ever supported!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back