Over 30 New Seattle Restaurants Open since $15 Minimum Wage!

So typical of liberals declaring success before actually achieving success

The previous topic was so typical of faux right wingers cheering on failure before actually achieving failure.

Even now, your post carries the taint of hoping for failure.
Whos cheering failure,not one post is cheering anyone's failure,other than you??!!
One posted a simple fact restaurant start ups have a poor track record for successes,certainly a city that size will have many failures and success,Some higher end ones will be able to absorb increased cost,other will not,this is a fact

Horn & Hardart closed their restaurants when inflation rendered their "insert coin/open door" business model obsolete. There was no technology, at the time, for automated acceptance of paper money or credit/debit cards.

Is Seattle ripe for an H&H renaissance?

horn-and-hardart-automat-1930s_89549.jpeg
They should dam sure worry about Republican economics then. They will have sandwiches costing $100.oo & all workers paying with government EBT cards.
QUOTE]

Horn & Hardart closed their restaurants when inflation rendered their "insert coin/open door" business model obsolete. There was no technology, at the time, for automated acceptance of paper money or credit/debit cards.

They should dam sure worry about Republican economics then. They will have sandwiches costing $100.oo & all workers paying with government EBT cards.
fredgraph.png
IN you rmind what, exactly, does this chart demonstrate?

They opened one of these in NYC in 2006 & it failed in 2 years. Customers want service from happy healthy people not living on the government handouts. If they wanted to open a door, get food & heat it themselves, they could do that at the supermarket, home or office. The workers make the restaurant business & they need to be paid, not erratically shorted hours for low wages & forced to live off the government.

If you have a home in Seattle and you have enough cash to eat out then it's obviously you are not being taxed enough.

Seattle workers are paid enough so they don't live on "EBT cards". This way they can spend their money in restaurants instead of being forced to spend all government EBT money in Walmart food isles.

Last edited:
If you have a home in Seattle and you have enough cash to eat out then it's obviously you are not being taxed enough.

Seattle workers are paid enough so they don't live on "EBT cards". This way they can spend their money in restaurants instead of being forced to spend all government EBT money in Walmart food isles.
You need to post a chart to prove your point.

Let them raise it as much as they want, who cares. If people want to patronize businesses that pay sky high minimum wage, more power to them. And if people want to patronize businesses that are right outside the Seattle city limits, and that pay less more power to them too. If Seattle can make a workers paradise work, let them do it, we all have the choice of shopping elsewhere if we don't want to support it.
If it becomes a federal law, and businesses everywhere are forced to pay these kind of minimums, then I've got a huge problem with it.
As long as I can choose to go elsewhere, then let these liberal shitholes play god, I don't give a fuck.

As long as they put their money where their mouths are and shop only at businesses that are also paying sky high minimums.
Hopefully none of them are hypocrites, and hopefully all liberals in the are not hypocrites as well and don't go looking for bargains at businesses outside the city limits.

Let them raise it as much as they want, who cares. If people want to patronize businesses that pay sky high minimum wage, more power to them. And if people want to patronize businesses that are right outside the Seattle city limits, and that pay less more power to them too. If Seattle can make a workers paradise work, let them do it, we all have the choice of shopping elsewhere if we don't want to support it.
If it becomes a federal law, and businesses everywhere are forced to pay these kind of minimums, then I've got a huge problem with it.
As long as I can choose to go elsewhere, then let these liberal shitholes play god, I don't give a fuck.

Seattle is not a shithole you idiot! They are creating more jobs & opening more Restaurants you retard! Their unemployment rate is 3.9%. Thats lower than every fucked up Republican city or state.

Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama & South Carolina all have much higher than the USA average unemployment rates & none of those states have a minimum wage. Repubtards claim that minimum wage is a job killer & removing it creates jobs. That proves Republicans are liars pure & simple.

More than 30 New Seattle Restaurants Open Since $15 Minimum Wage Became Law!

In-spite of relentless Republican Lies claiming the opposite.

Well, first it was........Seattle restaurants are closing since the minimum wage went up

now that they are not, it's.....We hope they fail
It's a fact that less than 15% of restaurant start ups have a life span of 5 years.

I thought you libbies were all about the facts.

So you admit that all that RWnut blather about the Seattle restaurant closing BECAUSE of the minimum wage increase was largely baseless...

good for you.

I'm not admitting anything I am just stating the facts.

We'll have to wait and see what happens because the fact is the 15 an hour wage is several years away.

You admit that restaurants go out of business in large numbers for reasons that have nothing to do with a minimum wage increase. Your pals on the right in that big thread about this would have nothing to do with that common sense observation.
I don't have any "pals" on the right.

I stay away from partisan hacks like you people from both sides.

Restaurants have always had a low success rate. It's the nature of the business.

And really politics aside I don't see how you people can say that a 60% plus rise in labor costs will be good for businesses and not be a reason that some will close.

But like I said we'll have to wait and see then one of us can say, " I informed you thusly"

I think I will have the pleasure.

Maybe a rise in the minimum wage won't be good for businesses. Maybe, on the other hand, it will be good for workers.

In the '60's a minimum wage of about 2 bucks an hour had more buying power than 7 bucks an hour today.

Are you sure that the minimum wage was too high back then? We've been lowering it ever since, and now you still think it's too high, or would be too high, if some of that decrease were reversed?

Seattle is not a shithole you idiot! They are creating more jobs & opening more Restaurants you retard! Their unemployment rate is 3.9%. Thats lower than every fucked up Republican city or state.

Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama & South Carolina all have much higher than the USA average unemployment rates & none of those states have a minimum wage. Repubtards claim that minimum wage is a job killer & removing it creates jobs. That proves Republicans are liars pure & simple.

Read what I said, I called it a "liberal shithole". That and the god awful weather means you couldn't pay me enough to go back there.

Hamburger meat price went up 400% due to inflation caused by deficit spending to support workers on the government dole. WHERE WERE YOU IDIOT's THEN? This massive input cost inflation harmed all restaurants. McDonalds increased McDouble prices 35%. Inflation will stop when workers are paid by their employers instead of government.

More than 30 New Seattle Restaurants Open Since $15 Minimum Wage Became Law!

In-spite of relentless Republican Lies claiming the opposite.

It's a fact that less than 15% of restaurant start ups have a life span of 5 years.

I thought you libbies were all about the facts.

So you admit that all that RWnut blather about the Seattle restaurant closing BECAUSE of the minimum wage increase was largely baseless...

good for you.

We'll have to wait and see what happens because the fact is the 15 an hour wage is several years away.

You admit that restaurants go out of business in large numbers for reasons that have nothing to do with a minimum wage increase. Your pals on the right in that big thread about this would have nothing to do with that common sense observation.

Restaurants have always had a low success rate. It's the nature of the business.

And really politics aside I don't see how you people can say that a 60% plus rise in labor costs will be good for businesses and not be a reason that some will close.

But like I said we'll have to wait and see then one of us can say, " I informed you thusly"

Maybe a rise in the minimum wage won't be good for businesses. Maybe, on the other hand, it will be good for workers.

In the '60's a minimum wage of about 2 bucks an hour had more buying power than 7 bucks an hour today.

Are you sure that the minimum wage was too high back then? We've been lowering it ever since, and now you still think it's too high, or would be too high, if some of that decrease were reversed?

We'll see if it's good for employees when businesses close because of labor costs.

You all seem to be forgetting the chain reaction that will happen here

It's not just labor costs that will rise. The cost of everything will rise.

And I never said the federal minimum wage was too high did I ? And btw most states already have MW that is higher than the federal MW

What I have been saying is that some jobs are not and never will be worth the 15 hour wage.

You're all worried about waiters and bartenders but you never seem to take into account that a bartender or server can make 15 to 20 an hour in tips alone plus whatever hourly wage they get making their pay in Seattle 24-30 an hour already

So yeah let's give them all 15 an hour and watch their actual pay decrease because people will be less likely to tip since the cost of their meals will be going up and they know the wait staff are all making the "living wage" of 15 an hour

When people have money they can afford more and more businesses end up working. Make more people have the ability to get something = growth. Supply side only makes a few super rich, richer!

When you drastically raise MW then all you are doing is reducing the purchasing power of that extra income due to rising costs across the board.

The people who are already making the proposed MW will see their purchasing power drop the most

good for you.

We'll see if it's good for employees when businesses close because of labor costs.

And I never said the federal minimum wage was too high did I ? And btw most states already have MW that is higher than the federal MW

What I have been saying is that some jobs are not and never will be worth the 15 hour wage.

You're all worried about waiters and bartenders but you never seem to take into account that a bartender or server can make 15 to 20 an hour in tips alone plus whatever hourly wage they get making their pay in Seattle 24-30 an hour already

So yeah let's give them all 15 an hour and watch their actual pay decrease because people will be less likely to tip since the cost of their meals will be going up and they know the wait staff are all making the "living wage" of 15 an hour

Tips count towards the calculation of the minimum wage in Seattle for the next 11 years.

Tips count towards the calculation of the minimum wage in Seattle for the next 11 years.

What?

If they did then very few waitresses and bartenders would be getting raises since many make more than 15 an hour intis alone

When people have money they can afford more and more businesses end up working. Make more people have the ability to get something = growth. Supply side only makes a few super rich, richer!

When you drastically raise MW then all you are doing is reducing the purchasing power of that extra income due to rising costs across the board.

The people who are already making the proposed MW will see their purchasing power drop the most

When has that happened?

An extra 2 dollars an hour equals 16 dollars a day equals 480 dollars a month, of which about 400 is take home.

You think the cost of living is going to rise - because of that increase - enough to wipe out a 400 dollar a month increase in buying power?

You're nuts.

What?

If they did then very few waitresses and bartenders would be getting raises since many make more than 15 an hour intis alone

Stop posting and go read the law.

Forum List

Back