Over 3 million jobs lost, but 1.4 million crappy jobs created

So your excuse to the millions that have "lost" their jobs to offshoring is that some other possibly higher paying gigs are available? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I just don't see it in the WORKBELT OF AMERICA. American growth should be nationwide. How is it that the growth seems to be regionally/class specific? Doesn't American individualism count for anything to you anymore?

Psychoblues

God Bless America

Psychoblues said:
So your excuse to the millions that have "lost" their jobs to offshoring is that some other possibly higher paying gigs are available? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I just don't see it in the WORKBELT OF AMERICA. American growth should be nationwide. How is it that the growth seems to be regionally/class specific? Doesn't American individualism count for anything to you anymore?

Psychoblues

God Bless America

Basically, YES!!!

Do people still work in the same Steel mills that they did in the 1880's? Are most of the manufacturing plants from the Early 20th century still in business. Hell even factories from the 70's and 80's have gone out of business. Have all those people that lived in those times simply died of starvation because they hopelessly couldn't find work again?

NO!!! They found new jobs. Pioneered new fields. Started their own businesses. Basically they adapted, overcame and succeeded. Otherwise, they and by virtue of genetics, their families would be dead. Yet they seem to have survived despite Bush's best efforts to cause outsourcing back in the 19th and 20th centuries.

God for a so called intelligent person you really are dumb.

Are you trying to compare American steel mills that were built on 1800's technology and refused to update by their enormously profitted managers to steel mills that were built in the 1960's with 1960's technology to the ultimate advantage of their builders and to the distinct disadvatage to the workers that ran the American mills? Just a hint. The steel manufacturers weren't at all concerned with keeping American mills competitive. They were more concerned with maintaining a subservient atttitude and less than liveable wage situation for American workers. With great help from politicians of all stripes they succeeded but the most guilty were the Republicans. THIS COUNTRY has afforded better and it still can. We've just got to stop voting against ourselves. As REVOLUTION is improbable and in my opinion inadviseable, I suggest the next best hope. As corporately compromised as the DLC and/or Democratic Party is, they are quite simply the only hope for working Americans and others that believe strongly in American principles. Democrats embrace practical solutions for working people while Republicans lie and pretend to embrace the same. History has shown me that and I have years of convoluted voting experience to exemplify the success of the Republican lies. Never again.

Psychoblues

God Bless America

you say could have come from the American Communist Party---As I'm sure you don't know... Keep the Marxist blather coming it's truly hilarious!!!

The steel manufacturers weren't at all concerned with keeping American mills competitive. They were more concerned with maintaining a subservient atttitude and less than liveable wage situation for American workers.

:bsflag:

Psychoblues said:
I don't call that anything to brag about. Economically speaking, of course.

Psychoblues

1) define crappy (i.e. low pay poor, poor conditions) what are the crappy jobs you speak of?

2) How do think job creation is supposed to work. Is it your opinion that we should have 1.4 million new CEO's? Start getting real Psycho.

3) Let's look at the supposed 3 million lost in outsourcing. How could that have been prevented? Basically by haveing policies in place that make it more expensive to outsource jobs than hire in the U.S. What do you think a companies response to that would be? Simple economics says the result will probably to lower costs another way and we all know the first other way is generally layoffs.

Forum List

Back