Outsourcing

OCA

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2004
Washington D.C.
Speaking of outsourcing and economic protectionism, my opinion is outsourcing at least in terms of customer service is a fucking joke.

I call HP customer service the other day(first of all it took me two days to get through) then I get some dot head over in India who I cannot understand one friggin word of his English, I explain my problem, he talks to me(while every other sentence i've got to stop him and say "what the hell did you just say? I can't understand you") then he can't resolve my problem so I ask to speak to a supervisor, I stayed on the phone for an hour, no supervisor. 5 days later i'm unable to get through.

Originally posted by OCA
Speaking of outsourcing and economic protectionism, my opinion is outsourcing at least in terms of customer service is a fucking joke.

I call HP customer service the other day(first of all it took me two days to get through) then I get some dot head over in India who I cannot understand one friggin word of his English, I explain my problem, he talks to me(while every other sentence i've got to stop him and say "what the hell did you just say? I can't understand you") then he can't resolve my problem so I ask to speak to a supervisor, I stayed on the phone for an hour, no supervisor. 5 days later i'm unable to get through.

Have you q-tipped your ears lately? We cannot afford to NOT take advantage of cheap labor pools abroad. Other corporations will, and we will fall behind the international corps of countries that DO outsource. See how it works?

Originally posted by OCA
Bring the jobs back here to deserving Americans! NO OUTSOURCING!

Fine. We would not longer be competitive internationally. The whole country would suffer eventually. Try some long term thinking.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Fine. We would not longer be competitive internationally. The whole country would suffer eventually. Try some long term thinking.

No it wouldn't, international trade is great, the selling and buying of goods is great. Outsourcing=bad, the quality of product goes down the dumper, customer service takes a dive, and what about the Americans who lost their jobs to outsourcing? Is your position to just say FUCK EM?

Originally posted by OCA
No it wouldn't, international trade is great, the selling and buying of goods is great. Outsourcing=bad, the quality of product goes down the dumper, customer service takes a dive, and what about the Americans who lost their jobs to outsourcing? Is your position to just say FUCK EM?

The quality does not suffer. Your evidence is anecdotal, and not much different than domestic customer service, actually. They must adapt. We cannot limit ourselves with racist anti oursourcing laws.

Hey OCA, you know who else is against outsoucing, Pat Buchanan. So actually he represents your views more than he represents mine, though you've accused be of being a Buchanan supporter to "smear me". Grow up.

The quality does not suffer. Your evidence is anecdotal, and not much different than domestic customer service, actually. They must adapt. We cannot limit ourselves with racist anti oursourcing laws.

You obviously have no fucking clue as to what you're talking about. Compare a product made in China to one made here then get back to me. Have you had any experience with outsourced customer service? Seems to me i'm making a educated statement based upon experience, and you?

I'll pose the question again: the Americans who lost jobs to outsourcing, is your position to just say fuck em?

Racist anti outsourcing laws, how in the hell is that racist?

Hey OCA, you know who else is against outsoucing, Pat Buchanan. So actually he represents your views more than he represents mine, though you've accused be of being a Buchanan supporter to "smear me". Grow up.

Never said I don't agree with Buchannan on a couple of issues but I vehemently disagree with him on his hatred of Jews.

Grow up LMAO!

Originally posted by OCA
Never said I don't agree with Buchannan on a couple of issues but I vehemently disagree with him on his hatred of Jews.

Grow up LMAO!

It's obvious you've always laughed at the notion of growing up.

It's obvious you've always laughed at the notion of growing up.

Can't talk about politics anymore he? I understand, your views don't stand up to scrutiny.

Originally posted by OCA
Can't talk about politics anymore he? I understand, your views don't stand up to scrutiny.

No, they do. Protectionism would be bad for the country, despite short term benefits to american workers.

No, they do. Protectionism would be bad for the country, despite short term benefits to american workers.

How is having jobs here in America a short term benefit for workers, this ought to be good for a few laughs, or can I go to the Rush or Savage website to get your answer?

Mucho links: http://instapundit.com/archives/014688.php

March 22, 2004
THE OUTSOURCING BOGEYMAN: Daniel Drezner has an article in Foreign Affairs arguing that concern over the outsourcing/job loss question is misplaced:

Outsourcing actually brings far more benefits than costs, both now and in the long run. If its critics succeed in provoking a new wave of American protectionism, the consequences will be disastrous -- for the U.S. economy and for the American workers they claim to defend.

As is his custom, he has also placed a bibliography, etc., on his blog, something that I suspect many reporters, etc., working on this topic will find very useful.

UPDATE: Here, on the other hand, is a potentially genuine worry about outsourcing in the tech field: sabotage.

posted at 12:29 PM by Glenn Reynolds If you've got a modem, I've got an opinion!

Email: [email protected]

I know what you mean. It really is frustrating trying to understand them.

Have you q-tipped your ears lately?
What is this supposed to mean? I have called HP customer support for something and I had trouble understanding them at times and I'm 22 and my hearing is fine.

Compare a product made in China to one made here then get back to me.
That's not always the case. There are probably many things that are well-made and you would not even know it was made in China, India, etc unless you looked.

Bring the jobs back here to deserving Americans! NO OUTSOURCING!
It's easy to sit there and say that because of how jobs can be lost due to outsourcing and I hate having to deal with people I can't understand as well. But outsourcing has led to lower prices for computer products, electronics, and other goods. Of course, people don't think twice about why they are cheaper because they are just happy to be getting a good deal. By eliminating outsourcing, many goods will cost more and people will have to decide what they'd rather have.

Originally posted by tim_duncan2000
I know what you mean. It really is frustrating trying to understand them.

What is this supposed to mean? I have called HP customer support for something and I had trouble understanding them at times and I'm 22 and my hearing is fine.

That's not always the case. There are probably many things that are well-made and you would not even know it was made in China, India, etc unless you looked.

It's easy to sit there and say that because of how jobs can be lost due to outsourcing and I hate having to deal with people I can't understand as well. But outsourcing has led to lower prices for computer products, electronics, and other goods. Of course, people don't think twice about why they are cheaper because they are just happy to be getting a good deal. By eliminating outsourcing, many goods will cost more and people will have to decide what they'd rather have.
:clap1: :clap1:

Times change, there is a lag. It's always been thus. Some guffawed at electricity and flight. We know what happened. Same with TV, geez, wish it weren't so.

let's stop outsourcing and then let's tell the foreign companies that are employing 100's of thousands (millions?) of US workers to take their jobs out of the USA too!

Nokia, Nortel, Ericcsson, Mercedes, toyota, etc., get your asses out of the USA and take your jobs with ya! We don't want ya! We need to bring OUR OWN jobs back to America!

oh wait, but that would make the unemployment level go up, take away from local tax bases and cause all kinds of problems.

It seems as if my narrow-minded fellow Americans forget how many jobs are created IN America by foreign corporations......

I believe in outsourcing CEOs. Talk about saving money for the consumer. Considering some CEOs make tens of millions of dollars a year, imagine finding a smart ass kid from India or China to run a company for merely quarters a day.

Let's outsource the real drains on company profits, not the basic manufacturing jobs that in the last century served to create one of the largest middle classses the world has ever seen.

Originally posted by menewa
I believe in outsourcing CEOs. Talk about saving money for the consumer. Considering some CEOs make tens of millions of dollars a year, imagine finding a smart ass kid from India or China to run a company for merely quarters a day.

Let's outsource the real drains on company profits, not the basic manufacturing jobs that in the last century served to create one of the largest middle classses the world has ever seen.

You're right... let's pull our jobs out of Mexico, China, Korea, etc. and countries like Korea (Samsung, Hyundai, LG), Finland, Sweden, the UK, Germany, France, etc. can pull all their jobs out of America!

Get a grip.

As for CEOs...... Don't use a blanket statement to cover all CEOs. Many have risked everything they have to get where they are and to deserve their pay. I am not talking about the CEOs of the big Fortune 500s, but the CEOs of the S-Corps that abound in this country. Typical of a lib.... paint with a broad brush then claim that is what the GOP does.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
You're right... let's pull our jobs out of Mexico, China, Korea, etc. and countries like Korea (Samsung, Hyundai, LG), Finland, Sweden, the UK, Germany, France, etc. can pull all their jobs out of America!

Get a grip.

As for CEOs...... Don't use a blanket statement to cover all CEOs. Many have risked everything they have to get where they are and to deserve their pay. I am not talking about the CEOs of the big Fortune 500s, but the CEOs of the S-Corps that abound in this country. Typical of a lib.... paint with a broad brush then claim that is what the GOP does.

The CEOs that have risked everything and that have struggled up the ladder are going to be much less likely to outsource because they know what it is like to be at the bottom.

Outsourcing is not about strengthening the American econmony, it is about enriching shareholders, plain and simple.

Outsourcing is the new form of slave labor. It even remains racist in nature, even if this is just by chance. If you notice, we only outsource to countries inhabited mainly by non-whites. Our companies then prey on the weak protections afforded their citizens. They utilize these weak protections to pay people slave wages and wreck the local environment at the same time.

And back here in the heartand, another man comes home and tells his wife and kids that the plant is closing down and opening up in Mexico where they can pay the people next to nothin'.

I don't know about you. But I grew up in the South, Alabama and North Carolina to be more precise. In both those states, the textile industry has been a way of life for generations. After NAFTA, small towns in both states that depended on the one, two or three major textile mills in their community have come to resemble ghost towns. They are rife with decay and unemployment. Things that lead to domestic violence and alcohol and drug abuse.

Maybe you need to get a grip on the reality of outsourcing and what it did and is doing to the blue collar worker, as well as what it is doing to the entire face of America.

Forum List

Back