outsourcing

"Let's rewrite Cato's conclusion to take account of these facts: "Revenues, profits, output, and value added rose the most for industries that offshored manufacturing, and they rose the least for those industries that produced their output domestically."

Cato, Trade and Outsourcing - Blinded by Ideology

By Paul Craig Roberts was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan administration.

"On August 28 the Cato Institute in Washington DC published a report, "Thriving in a Global Economy: The Truth about US Manufacturing and Trade." The report confuses a company's offshored products with its import competition and wrongly concludes that US companies with the most import competition are the companies that are thriving.

The Cato report never mentions the practice of US corporations of offshoring their production for US markets. Consequently, the report conflates offshored inputs and final goods of US corporations with imports from competitive foreign firms. The report thus confuses corporations or industries that offshore their manufacturing with those most exposed to import competition."

http://www.counterpunch.org/roberts10092007.html

we are the masters of our own demise this is true , sold out for some shinny trinkets and beads from china

Yeah... my computer is one of those trinkets... I couldn't afford to buy one with all parts and labor located in the US. As much as I'm for the free market, it doesn't feel free sometimes. I just wish I was rich enough to support my morals with my money. If I wanted to buy a computer made completely in the US I would have to pay a bundle. Outsourced the movie had a great scene about that, only the product in question was a statue of a giant American eagle. My mom bought someone a snow globe with the statue of liberty the other day, looked at the bottom and of course it was made in China.

Yeah... my computer is one of those trinkets... I couldn't afford to buy one with all parts and labor located in the US. As much as I'm for the free market, it doesn't feel free sometimes. I just wish I was rich enough to support my morals with my money. If I wanted to buy a computer made completely in the US I would have to pay a bundle. Outsourced the movie had a great scene about that, only the product in question was a statue of a giant American eagle. My mom bought someone a snow globe with the statue of liberty the other day, looked at the bottom and of course it was made in China.

yet at one time we built thunderbirds and general electric televisions
apple computers, and some how people managed to live and prosper
and even have some left over for aid....to china

RELATED: Ex-Mexican prez: Yes, there will be an amero

Mexico's former president, Vicente Fox, made an astounding admission last night on CNN's Larry King Live when he acknowledged the plan for a NAFTA single currency, a "euro-dollar" as King labeled it.

Fox also vowed to help unite the Americas beyond a trade agreement, following what he described as "a new vision, like we are trying to do with NAFTA".

The comments follow Fox's appearance on The Daily Show in which he advocated the creation of a North American Union based on the model of the European Union

Vicente Fox on Larry King about NAFTA, NAU currency and spoilsport ...Vicente Fox on Larry King about NAFTA, NAU currency and spoilsport Chavez ... Posted on YouTube: October 09, 2007 By YouTube Member: pundital ...
www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=385x61075 - 15k

Vicente Fox on Larry King about NAFTA, NAU currency and spoilsport ...Vicente Fox on Larry King about NAFTA, NAU currency and spoilsport Chavez ... Posted on YouTube: October 09, 2007 By YouTube Member: pundital ...
www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=385x61075 - 15k

People aren't going to believe that until it actually happens, when it will be too late to do anything about it.

As of right now, politicians and the NASCO website say "NO".

While the signs are definitely there, as long as someone is stil saying NO, people will buy that.

Some people will buy anything. What's the saying? "There's a sucker born everyday".

People aren't going to believe that until it actually happens, when it will be too late to do anything about it.

As of right now, politicians and the NASCO website say "NO".

While the signs are definitely there, as long as someone is stil saying NO, people will buy that.

Some people will buy anything. What's the saying? "There's a sucker born everyday".

I'm getting pretty fed up with Nush playing footsie with BS. He defintely doesn't have our best interest at heart where Mexico is concerned.

yet at one time we built thunderbirds and general electric televisions
apple computers, and some how people managed to live and prosper
and even have some left over for aid....to china

and at one time we lived in huts and built all our own tools...

Forum List

Back