Outrages of the week: A new state law every 13 minutes

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Utah has banned Happy Hour. Illinois motorcyclists can now run red lights if they don’t change quickly enough. And if you want to drive a golf cart in Georgia, it simply must have a horn.

Does California really need a law banning the awarding of goldfish as carnival prizes? And apparently Californians weren’t already confident that “criminal profiteering activity” was an apt description of forcing a girl under 18 to perform sex acts for money — so now there’s a law explicitly saying so.

The National Council of State Legislatures tells us we’ve just added 40,000 more. That’s an average of one every 13 minutes.

“Corruptisima republica plurimae leges.” The more corrupt the state, the more plentiful its laws.

Truer words.....

Read more: New State Laws | California | Textbooks | The Daily Caller

Utah has banned Happy Hour. Illinois motorcyclists can now run red lights if they don’t change quickly enough. And if you want to drive a golf cart in Georgia, it simply must have a horn.

Does California really need a law banning the awarding of goldfish as carnival prizes? And apparently Californians weren’t already confident that “criminal profiteering activity” was an apt description of forcing a girl under 18 to perform sex acts for money — so now there’s a law explicitly saying so.

The National Council of State Legislatures tells us we’ve just added 40,000 more. That’s an average of one every 13 minutes.

“Corruptisima republica plurimae leges.” The more corrupt the state, the more plentiful its laws.

Truer words.....

LAND OF THE FREE?

Once upon a time.

Wait a sec... all of a sudden you are against States making laws now? I thought it was just the Fed that you guys hated. Oh... I see... what you guys really want is anarchy... you want no law, no government, every man for himself.

Truer words.....

I see. The states have no right to make laws? Just the Federal Government? LOL

Gotta love the consistancy of these 'Conservatives'.:D

Truer words.....

I see. The states have no right to make laws? Just the Federal Government? LOL

Gotta love the consistancy of these 'Conservatives'.:D

Maybe you could call upon Schumer to cosponsor making artificial maple syrup a felony again.

Nutters do not "feel" as though "government" is like them at the moment. Thus, all "government" is against them. It is the way people who insist on simplicity think.

Truer words.....

LAND OF THE FREE?

Once upon a time.

Doesn't surprise me since that out of the 50 states 29 of them have GOP Governors.

Maybe you should look into what you speak of. It wasn't the MAKING of artificial Maple Syrup... it was selling at genuine Maple Syrup that was the problem... that's fraud and theft by deception.

Puhleez. I live in the nanny state of NJ where they've nearly criminalized childhood. Every time a kid dies they make a new law to get their names in the paper. After all, who wants to see kid die?

It's all bullshit. I've said for years we'd all save a ton of money if we doubled the legislators salaries if they promised to go on vacation for a year. How about repealing some stupid laws? Maybe they could create a whole new bureaucracy dedicated to that?

Puhleez. I live in the nanny state of NJ where they've nearly criminalized childhood. Every time a kid dies they make a new law to get their names in the paper. After all, who wants to see kid die?

It's all bullshit. I've said for years we'd all save a ton of money if we doubled the legislators salaries if they promised to go on vacation for a year. How about repealing some stupid laws? Maybe they could create a whole new bureaucracy dedicated to that?

Who gets to decide which laws are stupid?

Dumb Laws, Stupid Laws: We have weird laws, strange laws, and just plain crazy laws!

Doesn't surprise me since that out of the 50 states 29 of them have GOP Governors.

You may wish to look up how many federal felonies were added under Pelosi.

You might wish to take a different outlook on the sitcom.

Oh....my bad. I thought we were talking about STATE laws.

It isnt a party thing, is my point. I thought it a cute deflection about State rights.

Is that the point of the OP, or are the useful idiots unable to help themselves?

Im still pissed though...............

Seattle banned concealed carry for anything over 6 feet.

Truer words.....

I can shed a little light on this one. Many intersections have "pressure sensitive" light changers. Motorcycles in many instances are not heavy enough to cause them to change (I know this from personal experience). So if your bike is not heavy enough to change the light then your only options are to go through it or just sit there.

See what you can learn when you get the WHOLE story? It's actually a VERY good law.

Class dismissed.

Last edited:

Me. :lol:

Or these people:

Dumb Laws

Dumb Laws In NJ

Drivers must warn those who they pass on highways before they do so.

Spray paint may not be sold without a posted sign warning juveliles of the penalty for creating graffiti.

Handcuffs may not be sold to minors.

It is illegal to wear a bullet-proof vest while committing a murder.

One must yield a phone line to a person if it is an emergency.

All motorists must honk before passing another car, bicyclist, skater, and even a skateboarder.

You cannot pump your own gas.

It is against the law for a man to knit during the fishing season.

It is against the law to “frown” at a police officer.

In an attempt to “foster kindness” in the citizens of New Jersey, the month of May is designated “Kindness Awareness Month”.

If you have been convicted of driving while intoxicated, you may never again apply for personalized license plates.

The third Thursday of October is designated as “New Jersey Credit Union Day” and citizens of the state should observe the day with “appropriate activities and programs”.

Car dealerships are forbidden from opening on Sunday.

You may not slurp your soup.

Automobiles are not to pass horse drawn carriages on the street.

It is illegal to delay or detain a homing pigeon.

City Laws in New Jersey

Bernards Township
It is illegal to frown as the town is a “Frown-Free Town Zone”.

Blairstown
Shooting ranges are outlawed.

No street-side trees may be planted that “obscure the air”.

It is illegal to throw ashes on the sidewalk.

Lots more at the link.

Dumb Laws in New Jersey. Crazy New Jersey Laws. We have weird laws, strange laws, and just plain crazy laws!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back