Out on the farm

Went out to the farm again this past Saturday. Walked over to the neighbor's hay field to take a few pictures of a herd of elk. I snapped pictures of them for perhaps 15 minutes. They never let me get closer than 300 yards away or so. I was able to 'herd' them back and forth in the field 4 times before they figured out that I couldn't catch them if I wanted to.

Here are two of my favorite shots:

IMG_0091_filtered.jpg

IMG_0096_filtered.jpg

When I got back from shooting pictures of the elk, I caught a candid shot of one of the new foals being goofy.

IMG_0123_filtered.jpg

Here's another one of him with his mama:

IMG_0137_filtered.jpg

Being goofy again, trying to get something to eat:

IMG_0143.jpg

A wide angle shot of the barn and one of the many seasonal ponds. They're finally starting to dry out, but it will likely be June before they're completely gone:

IMG_0159_filtered.jpg

Abstract:

IMG_0161_filtered.jpg

The other new foal:

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0181_filtered.jpg

Wagon wheel:

IMG_0192_con.jpg

Excellent (camera) Jon. The wagon wheel is my favourite, tied with baby and momma.

The power-line-tower looks like a Georgia O'keefe. :)

dmp said:
Excellent (camera) Jon. The wagon wheel is my favourite, tied with baby and momma.

The power-line-tower looks like a Georgia O'keefe. :)

Thanks D.

I knew you'd like the wagon wheel. :thup:

Georgia O'keefe? How so? Just the fact that it's abstract, or do you think it has some floral or other overtones that suggest her style?

I think I over-sharpened it a bit. It looks great @ 3504 X 2336, but not so much @ 25% of that. The edges are a bit jaggy.

misterblu said:
Thanks D.

I knew you'd like the wagon wheel. :thup:

Georgia O'keefe? How so? Just the fact that it's abstract, or do you think it has some floral or other overtones that suggest her style?

Could be the place I'm in, in life, but it resembles a large metal-frame vagina to me.

:)

dmp said:
Could be the place I'm in, in life, but it resembles a large metal-frame vagina to me.

:)

:eek:

I wasn't going to go there... it seemed more likely to be a floral reference.

:D

dmp said:
lol...and you know all her flowers are painted to look like...yeah...labia and stuff, right? :)

Yonic symbols? Yep. :thup:

I just couldn't fathom that you would think a giant metal structure resembled a vagina... hell a flower is a stretch!

misterblu said:

I just couldn't fathom that you would think a giant metal structure resembled a vagina... hell a flower is a stretch!

I'm weird that like that. :D

But you see it now, don't ya?? :)

misterblu said:

Come to think of it, this is better than a Rorschach test. I wonder what a shrink would tell you if you told them that a picture of a large metal cage resembles a vagina! :D

That explains some things. :gay:

Forum List

Back