Out of the mouths of children...

tigerbob

Increasingly jaded.
Oct 27, 2007
Michigan
Some of you may recently have seen the video of Detroit City Councilwoman Monica Conyers calling Mayor Ken Cockrel 'Shrek" during a City Council meeting. It was an episode that produced a real "Oh...my...God!" reaction locally.

As an adjunct to this, a group of schoolchildren visited the Council chambers and had the opportunity to ask Monica Conyers questions. Some chose to ask about this incident.

When an 8th grader gets it and an elected official doesn't, is it any wonder Detroit has the reputation it does?

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_TvgtGlcdTE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_TvgtGlcdTE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

totally owned by that girl in 8th grade

Presumably because she was unable to fall back on her usual style of debating.

"Yo Raven, don't you be disrespectin me up'n here" probably wouldn't come across too well on camera when addressed to a child. :eusa_whistle:

I don't know how Mrs. Conyers kept a straight face while calling someone 'Shrek'. I would have broken out in a fit of laughter. Admitting you're wrong takes class. The 8th grader gave Mrs. Conyers the opportunity to bring herself out of humiliation, but failed miserably.

Presumably because she was unable to fall back on her usual style of debating.

"Yo Raven, don't you be disrespectin me up'n here" probably wouldn't come across too well on camera when addressed to a child. :eusa_whistle:

pretty sad when a presumably adult woman is reduced to asking a bunch of middle school kids why it's okay for them to act that way and not her, and then have the middle school kids point out a) we're kids and b) it's not right even for kids.

i thought mass. was bad.......

Ah, the complete incompetence of city governments.

That councilwoman's example is legion across this country.

yes, Ms Conyers was

But the good news is the chickens came home to roost yesterday.

Restores your faith in the system.

For about 3 seconds...

DETROIT (AP) — Detroit city councilwoman Monica Conyers has resigned from office after admitting she took cash bribes from a Houston-based company in exchange for her vote on a lucrative city contract.

The Associated Press: Monica Conyers resigns from Detroit City Council

yes, Ms Conyers was

But the good news is the chickens came home to roost yesterday.

Restores your faith in the system.

For about 3 seconds...

DETROIT (AP) — Detroit city councilwoman Monica Conyers has resigned from office after admitting she took cash bribes from a Houston-based company in exchange for her vote on a lucrative city contract.

The Associated Press: Monica Conyers resigns from Detroit City Council
wow, i wonder just how much they found on her
LOL

Closure. Beautiful.

Monica Conyers gets 37 months in prison in Synagro bribery scandal
BY BEN SCHMITT AND JOE SWICKARD
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITERS
March 10, 2010

Former Detroit City Councilwoman Monica Conyers was sentenced today to 37 months in prison and two years supervised probation and no fine in the Synagro bribery scandal that rocked the city of Detroit.

The sentencing came even after Conyers several times told the judge that she wanted to withdraw her guilty plea.

The 37 months is the top of the sentencing guidelines recommended by the probation department. She has 10 days to appeal; otherwise, she'll start serving on July 1.

I think the best part of it all is that she's vowed to appeal, but.....

While Conyers vowed an appeal, her June 22 signed plea agreement indicates that if the sentence imposed falls at five years or less “defendant waives any right to appeal her conviction or sentence.”

Monica Conyers gets 37 months in prison in Synagro bribery scandal | freep.com | Detroit Free Press

Closure. Beautiful.

Monica Conyers gets 37 months in prison in Synagro bribery scandal
BY BEN SCHMITT AND JOE SWICKARD
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITERS
March 10, 2010

Former Detroit City Councilwoman Monica Conyers was sentenced today to 37 months in prison and two years supervised probation and no fine in the Synagro bribery scandal that rocked the city of Detroit.

The sentencing came even after Conyers several times told the judge that she wanted to withdraw her guilty plea.

The 37 months is the top of the sentencing guidelines recommended by the probation department. She has 10 days to appeal; otherwise, she'll start serving on July 1.

I think the best part of it all is that she's vowed to appeal, but.....

While Conyers vowed an appeal, her June 22 signed plea agreement indicates that if the sentence imposed falls at five years or less “defendant waives any right to appeal her conviction or sentence.”

Monica Conyers gets 37 months in prison in Synagro bribery scandal | freep.com | Detroit Free Press
:clap2::clap2::clap2:
Now if that could be done around the entire country with every sellout politician we have.

Some of you may recently have seen the video of Detroit City Councilwoman Monica Conyers calling Mayor Ken Cockrel 'Shrek" during a City Council meeting. It was an episode that produced a real "Oh...my...God!" reaction locally.

As an adjunct to this, a group of schoolchildren visited the Council chambers and had the opportunity to ask Monica Conyers questions. Some chose to ask about this incident.

When an 8th grader gets it and an elected official doesn't, is it any wonder Detroit has the reputation it does?

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_TvgtGlcdTE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_TvgtGlcdTE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Kierra Bell, should replace Conyers. What an awesome little girl.

That is classic

Way to go Ms. Bell :clap2:

Right On, Totally owned by the 8th graders, and again demonstrates in my opinion, that loud mouth get-in-your-face buttheads that somehow manages to get into positions of power and influence, no matter how slight, and we as citizens beg for more.

When are people going to wake up and put a stop to allowing idiot incompetents like this in these positions?

Well, then again there is that show "Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader?, Conyers is obviously NOT.

Forum List

Back