Out of context or out of truth...

Biden...

YouTube - Obama/Joe Biden "No Coal Plants Here in America"
RealClearPolitics - Articles - The Vice Presidential Debate
I was surprised to hear you mention that because you had said that there isn't anything -- such a thing as clean coal. And I think you said it in a rope line, too, at one of your rallies.

IFILL: We do need to keep within our two minutes. But I just wanted to ask you, do you support capping carbon emissions?

PALIN: I do. I do.

IFILL: OK. And on the clean coal issue?

BIDEN: Absolutely. Absolutely we do. We call for setting hard targets, number one...

IFILL: Clean coal.

BIDEN: Oh, I'm sorry.

IFILL: On clean coal.

BIDEN: Oh, on clean coal. My record, just take a look at the record. My record for 25 years has supported clean coal technology. A comment made in a rope line was taken out of context. I was talking about exporting that technology to China so when they burn their dirty coal, it won't be as dirty, it will be clean.

Catch the youtube...we're not supporting clean coal....

So in his own words, Biden has supported "clean coal" (whatever THAT is) technology for 25 years. 25 years of pursuing more fossil fuels that destroy natural habitats and rape the land.

But let's not drill a hole in the ground for more oil ....

What's wrong with THIS picture?

We ALL live downwind folks.

China is the largest coal burning nation on earth.

Getting them scrubbing their coal fired power plants exhuast sounds like a damned good idea to me.

Getting OUR nation to do the same WAS something we already had laws in place to do UNTIL George Bush II passed the law which allowed coal fired power plants NOT to upgrade to cleaner technologies which ALREADY exist.

Clean Skies

• [*]The misnamed "Clear Skies" initiative expands the pollution trading system so some communities will get cleaner, but many communities will lose out on cleaner air. The two-stage plan isn't even fully in place for another 15 years. Even if the plan caused some net reductions in pollution, many communities would still be threatened by more pollution.
  • Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) is a major contributor to smog that is linked to asthma and lung disease. Current Clean Air Act programs could result in NOx pollution levels of about 1.25 million tons by 2010. But the Bush plan calls for loosening the cap on NOx pollution to 2.1 million tons by 2008 - an increase of 68 percent more NOx pollution.
  • [*]Sulphur Dioxide (SO2) is a major contributor to acid rain and soot. Clean Air Act programs already on the books could reduce SO2 pollution levels to 2 million tons by 2012. Clear Skies weakens these protections to allow 4.5 million tons of SO2 by 2010 -a staggering 225 percent increase of SO2 pollution.
    [*]
  • [*]By the 15th year of Clear Skies: 450,000 more tons of NOx, one million more tons of SO2, and 10 more tons of mercury would be allowed than under strong enforcement of existing Clean Air Act programs.
    [*]
  • [*]Clear Skies creates a loophole exempting power plants from being held accountable to the Clean Air Act's New Source Review (NSR) standards and from being required to install cleanup technology (best available retrofit technology or BART). NSR standards require new power plants and upgraded plants to comply with modern federal emissions limits. BART protects communities from persistent haze and other air quality problems by reducing the pollution emitted from antiquated power plants.
    [*]
  • "
    Clear Skies" delays the enforcement of public health standards for smog and soot until the end of 2015.
  • [*]The plan restricts the power of states to call for an end to pollution from upwind sources in other states. The plan prohibits any petitions of this sort from even being implemented before 2012.
    [*]
  • [*]Mercury is a dangerous toxin that threatens people and wildlife as a pollutant from coal-fired power plants. The EPA once estimated that enforcement of existing toxic air pollution protections in the Clean Air Act would limit mercury pollution to 5 tons per year by 2008. The original Clear Skies proposal would have weakened the limit to an astounding 26 tons by 2010. Unfortunately, this piece of the proposal was split away from the initiative and was put into place as the Clean Air Mercury Rule in 2005.
    [*]

Last edited:
And that IS the problem. You think we should not do anything while the rest of the world gears up to pollute us into dangerous air quality water quality and sea Quality.

China EFFECTS us NOW, allow them to build an entire infrastructure for power for over 1.2 billion people and growing and the west coast of the US will suffer the consequences if it is a dirty one.

We have the technology to prevent it. But you would rather we not encourage China to use it cause some dumb shit thinks we shouldn't? I suggest you grow up and try engaging your brain before you make dumb ass decisions.

People need to engage their brains and stop making decisions based on the party some person belongs to that supports it.

Liberals are not inheriently stupid or bad. JUST because they are a liberal does not make everything they say wrong or bad. But go ahead and think like they do about conservatives. When someone is right, you do not just disagree cause their politics are different then yours.

Your position SUPPORTS pollution on a massive scale for no other reason then some politician doesn't want coal plants in the US. Or at least that is ALL you have articulated here.

All you have said is we shouldn't help China cause they are China. We shouldn't encourage they use clean power cause a liberal said it. We shouldn't encourage it because a Liberal doesn't want coal plants in the US.

Suffice to say that we disagree.

But since you don't seem capable of discussing the matter without engaging in insults and personal attacks....something that I've no desire to engage in with you or anyone else....have yourself a nice thread.

Suffice to say that we disagree.

But since you don't seem capable of discussing the matter without engaging in insults and personal attacks....something that I've no desire to engage in with you or anyone else....have yourself a nice thread.

In other words, you haven't a leg to stand on so you will retreat and ignore. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Truth is often overlooked by partisan tools. I thought Biden very good.

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote to continue the same economic policies that are destroying the middle class in America.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j56i15Wdgok]YouTube - Mccain Caught Lying(exposed on youtube) Worst Nightmare[/ame]

Once again, the idea is to prevent THEIR pollution from becoming OUR pollution. Which ALREADY happens.

I'm not picking on you, but it's not like we pollute trace amounts pollution....China only recently passed us as the world's greatest polluter. It seems we need to be worried about cleaning up our act first, rather than shipping our clean technologies overseas.

I'm not picking on you, but it's not like we pollute trace amounts pollution....China only recently passed us as the world's greatest polluter. It seems we need to be worried about cleaning up our act first, rather than shipping our clean technologies overseas.
most of all, why should they pay more for something we refuse to pay for ourselves
not a very good salesman that sells something he doesnt himself use

Biden...

YouTube - Obama/Joe Biden "No Coal Plants Here in America"
I was surprised to hear you mention that because you had said that there isn't anything -- such a thing as clean coal. And I think you said it in a rope line, too, at one of your rallies.

IFILL: We do need to keep within our two minutes. But I just wanted to ask you, do you support capping carbon emissions?

PALIN: I do. I do.

IFILL: OK. And on the clean coal issue?

BIDEN: Absolutely. Absolutely we do. We call for setting hard targets, number one...

IFILL: Clean coal.

BIDEN: Oh, I'm sorry.

IFILL: On clean coal.

BIDEN: Oh, on clean coal. My record, just take a look at the record. My record for 25 years has supported clean coal technology. A comment made in a rope line was taken out of context. I was talking about exporting that technology to China so when they burn their dirty coal, it won't be as dirty, it will be clean.

Catch the youtube...we're not supporting clean coal....

I don't see what the problem is. He clearly stated he supports clean coal, he just does not want it here in America if it can be avoided. The whole video was pretty straight forward. He supports renewable energy when it is possible, but when people are going to burn coal, he wants to to be clean. That is exactly in step with what he said yesterday. Please explain to me how it isn't.

I don't see what the problem is. He clearly stated he supports clean coal, he just does not want it here in America if it can be avoided. The whole video was pretty straight forward. He supports renewable energy when it is possible, but when people are going to burn coal, he wants to to be clean. That is exactly in step with what he said yesterday. Please explain to me how it isn't.

Sure, lay down your sippy cup of Kool Aid and maybe you can see it.
Here you go this may be a little clearer for you.

We believe -- Barack Obama believes by investing in clean coal and safe nuclear, we can not only create jobs in wind and solar here in the United States, we can export it.

While the video he states 'no clean coal in America'....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back