Out-frigging-rageous!!!!!! Fannie Mae $3 Billion fraud.

Funny how we can't investigate Goldman Sachs, since they made it impossible when they wrote the TARP Bill for Georgie.

oh so TARP wasn't an Obama construct? glad to hear it....:lol:

I'm glad you're glad.

Former President George Bush told NBC News in an interview airing Monday that he believes TARP funds used to bail out Wall Street banks in 2008 "saved the economy" and that he would “absolutely” do it again today, if presented with the same problem.

News Headlines

Saved the Country Club Economy.

You tell me what private business would have allowed $3,000,000,000 in losses over 6 years AND NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT???????

Not only did Fannie not do anything about it - they did not inform authorities either. Probably because they didn't want to upset the fantastic corrupt arrangement they have with the government.

Man - this is an outstanding example of why government does NOT belong in private enterprise and the results of what happens when they do.

$3,000,000,000 that we will pay for since Fannie is 100% backed by you and me thanks to our government.

How Fannie >>> LINK

Iam...if this is F&F , think a minute on how much medicare fraud there is, with 700 Billion a YEAR sloshing thru that system.....

this is taxi cab tip money...:lol:

Yeah but this is only what we KNOW.
However, you bet - without addressing Welfare Fraud and Social Security fraud, Student Loan fraud...let's see...what am I missing?

Barney Frank and Chris Dodd should be arrested. How they're not wearing orange jumpsuits is a bizarre mystery to us all. They committed terrible crimes against the American People. And they got away with it. What a tragedy.

Why stop with Frank and Dodd? There's guilt aplenty - on both sides of the aisle. Personally, I'd like to see a whole bunch of them investigated.... not just for corruption, but we should change the treason law to include this sort of behavior.

I totally agree. Democrats, Republicans & Wall Street Bankers committed the crime of the century & nobody went to jail. They created $700 Trillion in derivatives of which there is no way they can be paid. They paid off Congress to allow them to create this scheme & collect massive fees.

Funny how we can't investigate Goldman Sachs, since they made it impossible when they wrote the TARP Bill for Georgie.

No, it wasn't. It was signed into law under then president Bush on Oct 3, 2008. Part of that was a stipulation that there would be no audits, no accountability for these greedy fucks.

What did Obama do when he came in? Made Wall Street reform a priority.

But what can I expect from a Conservative and their revisionist history.

"You tell me what private business would have allowed $3,000,000,000 in losses over 6 years AND NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT???????"

FCS Pub dupes are morons!! What about the HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS of fraud by lending institutions, declaring toxic assets good investments , bundling them, insuring them, and selling them around the world (with Booosh's SEC looking on happily), causing the SECOND Pub Great Depression. Pub Propaganda IDIOCY!!

You tell me what private business would have allowed $3,000,000,000 in losses over 6 years AND NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT???????

Not only did Fannie not do anything about it - they did not inform authorities either. Probably because they didn't want to upset the fantastic corrupt arrangement they have with the government.

Man - this is an outstanding example of why government does NOT belong in private enterprise and the results of what happens when they do.

$3,000,000,000 that we will pay for since Fannie is 100% backed by you and me thanks to our government.

How Fannie >>> LINK

Iam...if this is F&F , think a minute on how much medicare fraud there is, with 700 Billion a YEAR sloshing thru that system.....

However, you bet - without addressing Welfare Fraud and Social Security fraud, Student Loan fraud...let's see...what am I missing?

Subsidies for oil companies?

No, it wasn't. It was signed into law under then president Bush on Oct 3, 2008. Part of that was a stipulation that there would be no audits, no accountability for these greedy fucks.

He tried. Republicans have stood in his way every step of the way. AND those "Blue Dawg" Democrats who are really Republicans dressed as Democrats.

In fact, Republicans hate the black guy so much, not only do they compare him to Hitler and Stalin, they are willing to let the world economy have a meltdown if they think it gets him out of office. They don't care who they hurt.

The only question, will their corporate masters tell them to raise the debt ceiling. Corporations are making money hand over fist. The LAST thing they want is a world wide depression. The Republican Leadership are loons. They don't care.

Subsidies for oil companies?

You people don't f*cking get it do you?
Who gives a flying f*ck what f*cking party did the "worst fraud"
How about FRAUD BY ANY PARTY is bad???

F*cking idiotic retarded morons....get a f*cking life and pay attention!!
We have been ripped off by BOTH f*cking parties - get it??

Fuck

He tried. Republicans have stood in his way every step of the way. AND those "Blue Dawg" Democrats who are really Republicans dressed as Democrats.

In fact, Republicans hate the black guy so much, not only do they compare him to Hitler and Stalin, they are willing to let the world economy have a meltdown if they think it gets him out of office. They don't care who they hurt.

The only question, will their corporate masters tell them to raise the debt ceiling. Corporations are making money hand over fist. The LAST thing they want is a world wide depression. The Republican Leadership are loons. They don't care.

Yeah... no shit Rdean...It's a fucking travesty.

It's functioning EXACTLY as Obama and the Dems want it to.

Can someone please tell me the difference between Fannie and Freddie? And then I want a Follow up.

did you read the article and note the dates?
first surfaced in 2000.
Yep Obama and the dems were in control.

The early worm gets the bird...
:redface:
Short sale fraud plagues the housing market
July 14, 2011: Just as the housing market began to collapse near the end of 2007, a real estate agent in Bridgeport, Conn. asked Regions Bank if it would accept a $102,375 bid on a home that was underwater on its mortgage. Under the impression that this was the best offer on the home, Regions agreed to the short sale and released the mortgage it owned on the home.
Later that same day, the new owner -- an investment group owned by another real estate agent -- resold the home to a buyer who had been lined up before the short sale transaction went through. The final sale price: $132,500, netting the seller a cool $30,000 -- a profit that should have gone to Regions. In this latest twist on short sale fraud, scammers have found a way to rip off mortgage lenders by tens of thousands of dollars -- sometimes in a matter of hours.

The scam artists, usually real estate agents, will secure a legitimate bid on a home, one where the borrower owes far more on the mortgage than the home is worth. Then they arrange for an accomplice investor to make a lower offer on the home. The agent then presents the lower bid to the lender and asks them to forgive any remaining balance owed -- without disclosing that there was a higher bid made on the home. Once the short sale is approved, the scammer then sells the home to the higher bidder, often on the same day.

"These same-day resales are on average nearly $50,000 greater than the lender agreed upon short-sale price," said Tim Grace, senior vice president of product management and analytics at CoreLogic (CLGX), a financial analytics company based in Santa Ana, Calif. Such transactions are expected to cost lenders more than $375 million this year, up more than 20% from last year, according to CoreLogic.

The anatomy of a scam

See also:

Foreclosures plunge in first half of 2011
July 14, 2011: Foreclosure filings fell dramatically during the first half of the year as processing delays at the banks, which are strapped with excess inventory of repossessed homes, continued to skew the numbers -- and falsely raise hopes that the housing market is staging a recovery.
Foreclosure filings plunged 29% compared with the same period a year ago and were down 25% from the last six months of 2010, according to the latest report from RealtyTrac, an online marketer of foreclosed properties. Through June 30, 1.2 million U.S. homeowners -- or one in every 111 households -- received a foreclosure filing, according to RealtyTrac. The deceleration in defaults continued as the year wore on with second quarter filings -- at 608,235 households -- marking the lowest quarterly total since the end of 2007, when the mortgage meltdown was still in its youth.

RealtyTrac's CEO, James Saccacio, sounded a sour note, however, contending that the drop-off in filings can be traced not to economic improvement or a pick-up in the housing market, but to processing delays brought on by the robo-signing scandal in which it was discovered that bank employees were signing foreclosure documents without following proper protocols. "[That's what is] pushing foreclosures further and further out -- we estimate that as many as 1 million foreclosure actions that should have taken place in 2011 will now happen in 2012, or perhaps even later," Saccacio said.

As a result, it will only prolong the housing slump, he said. "This casts an ominous shadow over the housing market where recovery is unlikely to happen until the current and forthcoming inventory of distressed properties can be whittled down to a manageable number," said Saccacio.

Evidence of delays

Last edited:

How Fannie >>> LINK

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs&feature=related]‪Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis‬‏ - YouTube[/ame] not much more needs to be said

I can name one private business that did that and didn't do anything about it.

Fannie Mae.

Fannie Mae WAS a private business, dude.

You could buy stocks in it and everything.

Maybe you need to go read a book?

Fannie Mae.

Isn't Franklin Raines one of Obama's close advisors?

Documents reviewed by The New York Times indicate that taxpayers have paid $24.2 million to law firms defending three of Fannie’s former top executives: Franklin D. Raines, its former chief executive; Timothy Howard, its former chief financial officer; and Leanne Spencer, the former controller.

Mr. Raines retired in December 2004 and Mr. Howard resigned at the same time. Ms. Spencer left her position as controller in early 2005. The following year, the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight, then the company’s regulator, published an in-depth report on the company’s accounting practices, accusing Fannie’s top executives of taking actions to manipulate profits and generate $115 million in improper bonuses.

The office sued Mr. Raines, Mr. Howard and Ms. Spencer in 2006, seeking $100 million in fines and $115 million in restitution. In 2008, the three former executives settled with the regulator, returning $31.4 million in compensation. Without admitting or denying the regulator’s allegations, Mr. Raines paid $24.7 million and Mr. Howard paid $6.4 million; Ms. Spencer returned $275,000.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/24/business/24fees.html?_r=1&ref=franklindraines

Fannie Mae.

Documents reviewed by The New York Times indicate that taxpayers have paid $24.2 million to law firms defending three of Fannie’s former top executives: Franklin D. Raines, its former chief executive; Timothy Howard, its former chief financial officer; and Leanne Spencer, the former controller.

Mr. Raines retired in December 2004 and Mr. Howard resigned at the same time. Ms. Spencer left her position as controller in early 2005. The following year, the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight, then the company’s regulator, published an in-depth report on the company’s accounting practices, accusing Fannie’s top executives of taking actions to manipulate profits and generate $115 million in improper bonuses.

The office sued Mr. Raines, Mr. Howard and Ms. Spencer in 2006, seeking $100 million in fines and $115 million in restitution. In 2008, the three former executives settled with the regulator, returning $31.4 million in compensation. Without admitting or denying the regulator’s allegations, Mr. Raines paid $24.7 million and Mr. Howard paid $6.4 million; Ms. Spencer returned $275,000.

Why "yes" Raines is a very good friend of Obama's and so is James Johnson.

– Two Barack Obama advisers, Franklin Raines and James Johnson, received preferential home loans as industry favors, apparently in deference to their executive positions heading Fannie Mae.

Raines and Johnson, as "friends of Angelo Mozilo," the chief executive of Countrywide Financial Corp. – the now bankrupt high-flying loan originator in the sub-prime mortgage debacle – were funneled millions of dollars for personal home loans. Mozilo himself made exceptions from Countrywide policy to provide the two Fannie Mae CEO's "sweetheart deals."

Read more: Rules 'bent' to provide Obama advisers loans Rules 'bent' to provide Obama advisers loans

Fannie Mae.

Why "yes" Raines is a very good friend of Obama's and so is James Johnson.

– Two Barack Obama advisers, Franklin Raines and James Johnson, received preferential home loans as industry favors, apparently in deference to their executive positions heading Fannie Mae.

Raines and Johnson, as "friends of Angelo Mozilo," the chief executive of Countrywide Financial Corp. – the now bankrupt high-flying loan originator in the sub-prime mortgage debacle – were funneled millions of dollars for personal home loans. Mozilo himself made exceptions from Countrywide policy to provide the two Fannie Mae CEO's "sweetheart deals."

Read more: Rules 'bent' to provide Obama advisers loans Rules 'bent' to provide Obama advisers loans

I believe there has been more alarm raised about potential unsafty and unsoundness [of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac] than, in fact, exists."- Barney Frank... 9/25/2003

The more people, in my judgment, exaggerate a threat of safety and soundness, the more people conjure up the possibility of serious financial losses to the Treasury, which I do NOT see. Barney Frank---9/11/ 2003

I want to roll the dice a little bit more in this situation towards subsidized housing."--Barney Frank---9/25/2005

"These two entities--Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac---are not facing any kind of financial crisis." Barney Frank -- 9/11/2003

"Fannie and Freddie are fundamentally sound, they are not in danger of going under----I do think their prospects of going forward are very solid." -- Barney Frank-- 7/14/2008

:eusa_whistle: :eusa_whistle: :eusa_whistle:

How Fannie >>> LINK

Yup! Outrageous.

String the bastards up.

“If there had been a criminal referral, Farkas would have gone to jail in 2002,” William Black, who served as deputy director of the Federal Savings and Loan Insurance Corp. during the S&L crisis of the 1980s, said in an interview.

Himmmm...where were the regulators under the BUSH II administration?

Asleep at the helm

Seven more years passed before federal regulators

Once the OBAMA adminsitration came into office, the villans were taken to task

shut down Ocala, Florida-based Taylor Bean and prosecutors charged Farkas with orchestrating the $3 billion scam.

Ya see...this is what happens when you put people in charge of government who HATE governing.

Himmmm...where were the regulators under the BUSH II administration?

Asleep at the helm

I saw one regulator hauled before congress and he had to face the likes of Barney Frank,Maxine Waters,Mr Meeks and the rest and they blasted his findings.Later on Franks
ranted against any critique of Freddie and Fannie calling those who said there were problems there...well he called them racists...And the investigations stopped.

There seems to be a common thread with the Libs,you try to correct some misdeeds and you are labeled a racist.....:cuckoo:

Barney Frank and Chris Dodd should be arrested. How they're not wearing orange jumpsuits is a bizarre mystery to us all. They committed terrible crimes against the American People. And they got away with it. What a tragedy.

Why stop with Frank and Dodd? There's guilt aplenty - on both sides of the aisle. Personally, I'd like to see a whole bunch of them investigated.... not just for corruption, but we should change the treason law to include this sort of behavior.

:lol:

Treason.

When Reagan committed it..no one dared do anything about it. And THAT was far more serious then any monetary shennigans.

Forum List

Back