Out Debt is caused by too much spending? NOPE!!!

The income tax rate tables are completely bogus percentages. The government fails to collect most of those taxes from the rich.

This country has insurance, charity, religious & investment tax loopholes that allow anyone who can afford a good tax attorney to get them out of paying taxes. The rich actually pay a way lower percentage of tax than the poor & middle class. Many of the rich who sent our jobs over seas to increase their wealth pay no income tax at all.

I am all for lowering the tax rate tables to make us more competitive on paper. Just plug the damn leaks in the tax code.
I am for Flat or FAIR Tax...and doing away with the 16th and the IRS.

The flat tax is not Constitutional without the 16th Amendment, shit for brains.

Though I applaud you on recommending the repealing of the 16th rather than simply claiming the 16th does not exist, as most tax protesting lunies do.

The income tax rate tables are completely bogus percentages. The government fails to collect most of those taxes from the rich.

This country has insurance, charity, religious & investment tax loopholes that allow anyone who can afford a good tax attorney to get them out of paying taxes. The rich actually pay a way lower percentage of tax than the poor & middle class. Many of the rich who sent our jobs over seas to increase their wealth pay no income tax at all.

I am all for lowering the tax rate tables to make us more competitive on paper. Just plug the damn leaks in the tax code.
I am for Flat or FAIR Tax...and doing away with the 16th and the IRS.

The flat tax is not Constitutional without the 16th Amendment, shit for brains.

Though I applaud you on recommending the repealing of the 16th rather than simply claiming the 16th does not exist, as most tax protesting lunies do.

Actually, what the T is suggesting is that we should not have an income tax at all, and if we tried to have a FAIR Tax imposed without repealing the 16th Amendment, the fucking Congress-critters would soon enough saddle us with both.

Moreover, if we choose to go the FLAT TAX route, we can STILL repeal the 16th Amendment and REPLACE it with a similar provision that says exactly that, with the appropriate limiting language.

All the 16th Amendment presently says is:
16th Amendment
Amendment XVI

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several states, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

There's no reason it can't be repealed and replaced in order to make us more explicitly safeguarded.

Forum List

Back