Our Universe is too vast for even the most imaginative sci-fi

Our first step will be to colonize this solar system to whatever extent is possible.

On SciFi right now is a very good show called The Expanse. I believe this is our future, not extra solar planets.
What's the purpose of that?

Our first step is colonize Mars. Much closer to the meteor belt where we can get all the steel and iron we need to build a planet size spaceship.

When the sun burns out doesn't everything in our solar system? I know earth it pulverized. So we need to get to a younger star. Most important is it blowing up soon? Second is their a planet we can live on.

And if it's going to take 80,000 years we should send those iPad size spacebots on sails to the planets we want to live on. Plant the seeds of life

The ship we are on its so big it may as well be a planet. There would be no need to ever leave it. Our planet will die but we don't have to.

Mars is in our solar system, that's what I mean.

The sun won't burn out for millions of years. We have time.

Our first step will be to colonize this solar system to whatever extent is possible.

On SciFi right now is a very good show called The Expanse. I believe this is our future, not extra solar planets.
What's the purpose of that?

Our first step is colonize Mars. Much closer to the meteor belt where we can get all the steel and iron we need to build a planet size spaceship.

When the sun burns out doesn't everything in our solar system? I know earth it pulverized. So we need to get to a younger star. Most important is it blowing up soon? Second is their a planet we can live on.

And if it's going to take 80,000 years we should send those iPad size spacebots on sails to the planets we want to live on. Plant the seeds of life

The ship we are on its so big it may as well be a planet. There would be no need to ever leave it. Our planet will die but we don't have to.

Mars is in our solar system, that's what I mean.

The sun won't burn out for millions of years. We have time.
When I first read your post I thought you meant have homes on jupitar, Saturn, Venus. Lol.

Yes the first step is colonize mars

I'd say explore our solar system, and maybe have a few outposts, but why in the hell would you want to colonize any place that you can't survive without massive support? Of all the planets Mars would be the easiest to live on, but it is still death to walk it's surface unprotected. I'm sure a few brave souls would want to live there, but I can't see many wanting that kind of imprisonment. The most profitable place to live would be the asteroid belt to mine it for metals.

If we want to colonize, we need to find Earth like planets orbiting some star in its liquid water zone, not the fucked up exo-planets they all talk about. Of course we would need to find some way to get to them in a reasonable amount of time and there in lies the rub. Relativistic speed in space is about a million times too slow to go anywhere other than the moon. So get to work on finding a way to bypass the mega distance getting to those planets that I'm sure are out there.

I'd say explore our solar system, and maybe have a few outposts, but why in the hell would you want to colonize any place that you can't survive without massive support? Of all the planets Mars would be the easiest to live on, but it is still death to walk it's surface unprotected. I'm sure a few brave souls would want to live there, but I can't see many wanting that kind of imprisonment. The most profitable place to live would be the asteroid belt to mine it for metals.

If we want to colonize, we need to find Earth like planets orbiting some star in its liquid water zone, not the fucked up exo-planets they all talk about. Of course we would need to find some way to get to them in a reasonable amount of time and there in lies the rub. Relativistic speed in space is about a million times too slow to go anywhere other than the moon. So get to work on finding a way to bypass the mega distance getting to those planets that I'm sure are out there.

No rush if you have a planet sized spaceship to live on.

article-2114830-05F92B8D000005DC-116_634x521.jpg

But this is how we will get their first

68747470733a2f2f646c2e64726f70626f782e636f6d2f752f31393137383335312f47497448756225323057696b6925323050696374757265732f486f77546f5f426c696e6b2e6a7067.jpeg

Forum List

Back