Our Troops Coming Home

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
As many of you know, I've been pretty involved with our troops lately. Now I'm involved in a new charity. Me and a couple fellow vets are starting the New Terrain Foundation. We are incorporated and will have our Non-Profit status confirmed in January.
Essentially, we help returning vets re-acclimate to civilian life. Our troops are having a really hard time, folks. Over 30 of our servicemen commit suicide every day. Stop and think about that for a moment. 30 a day. Every day. We need to arrest that.
Somewhere out there is a guy who’s been through hell. He’s come home to a different country than the one he left so many years ago. He's lost a limb (the most common casualty in explosives-warfare). His house has been taken from him. His wife left long ago. He’s overwhelmed. He’s alone and he can’t see getting through the pain of another day. This is not an uncommon story.
We can give him what it takes to make through that day. And the week. Then we can give him the skills and resources to become a productive part of society again. To have a sense of purpose.
Then he can pass on what we’ve given him, to others in the same situation.
Our troops are coming home and they need our help. And we need yours. A lot of you talk about patriotism. Well there's talk and there's doing something. This is an excellent chance to use your time in a way that is even more patriotic than calling Liberals or Conservatives names.
No matter where you are in the USA, you can help.
We don't want your money.
We don't want you to call other people and ask them for money.
You won't need to leave your house.
There are no "catches", if you want to help, let us know your skills and we'll figure out how you can help.
If you're interested in volunteering, let me know.

Forum List

Back